I want to know : BlackBerry z10 is a tool not a toy? It is designed for efficiency, for business, for doing precisely the needed task?
    OK, if the answers are still YES please guys follow me what I m proposing for redesign the PHONE APP.
    ( and if you are not so busy to hear the customer, please BlackBerry, Mr Chen, or anyone from there, also you! )

1. Tap the Phone sign to open the app.
    2. From that 3 tabs I want to be opened by default in the phone dialer( not in the last dialed numbers/ contacts)
    3. Tap on the numbers according to the name or phone you want to call. For ex: if I want to call Alice I will tap 25423 and all Alice or "alice" contented into names, from all contact detail ( company, info, position details) will be displayed into a drop down list which you will scroll in order to find your target.
    4. Let's suppose that we did found Alice and tap on the number displayed and call.
    5. After close the call the dial pad will remain opened and of course can be sent it to active frames.
    6. If I want to call Maria just tap again on the dial pad 62742.
    7. And so on.
    8. Last dialed numbers or contacts can be an optional tab which I will acces if I want.

Please tell me if it is so hard to be like this. The actual "modus operandi" is so dumb that I actually think to change my lovely Z 10.....

Proudly Z10 owner
    dalight13 and menshawy like this.
    06-17-14 06:44 AM
    It's called t9 dial btw. same, i hate that the default screen is call history not the dial screen.

Posted via My Awesome Z10 | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    06-17-14 06:49 AM
    Hit search (the glass) and enter "call 'name'" Does the same and is usable for a lot more functions. Email, text, BBM, Facebook, Twitter...

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    06-17-14 07:03 AM
    My friend, I know very well how it is called, it was used from the first models of smartphones, if you remember the first HTC s, Nokia and so on. And it is called also dial pad direct prediction...
    BUT why nobody from BlackBerry don't see this simple feature and maintain the actual dumb system?

Proudly Z10 owner
    06-17-14 07:04 AM
    Never used that option but I hate that I open contacts to make a call. When done with the call you have to close both the phone app and the contacts app. Hate that, when you make the call the contacts app should close. A lot of little things like that ruin the flow if you ask me. I hate that when going to hub from an app that when done in the hub you don't just go back to the app you were in and instead get the active apps page. Ruined flow again.
    06-17-14 07:15 AM
    You don't need to tap Call X, you just put the name of X and YES, you call him. Buy this it not what I'm intended to propose. If you call X, you do what? Go back on the Search work flow and tap Y , call also him?
    It's a mater of efficiency and how many clicks you tap in order to have the info. Click to search = click to phone app
    Click to letters to search the X name = tap number 9 ( for X...)in the dial pad ( remember what I said above about that few steps of using the Phone app) and show X number and call.
    According to actual system I find X name, tap on it, it shows the available numbers and finally hit to call. You've numbered the clicks? A few more.
    Not an issue, BUT when you are doing this 30-50 times per day sometimes one after the other, believe me YOU WANT THAT 9900 BACK! This not considering all Android smartphones....at The IPhone I believe it the same stupid system.....

Proudly Z10 owner
    06-17-14 07:16 AM
    I don't think most users would remember over 500 phone numbers.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    GRojasHruska and WanShark69 like this.
    06-17-14 07:31 AM
    why not to use the Universal Search for this?!
    06-17-14 07:38 AM
    My friend, I know very well how it is called, it was used from the first models of smartphones, if you remember the first HTC s, Nokia and so on. And it is called also dial pad direct prediction...
    BUT why nobody from BlackBerry don't see this simple feature and maintain the actual dumb system?

Proudly Z10 owner
    Why didn't you just made it simple and said you want t9 back? I don't know why they didn't apply this in bb10 but i want it back too. I was calling some friends awhile ago and it's such a hassle pressing the contact tab and searching for the name. I do hope they put t9 back.

06-17-14 07:42 AM
    For what it's worth, I also want the dial pad to open when I tap de phone app and not the call history
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-17-14 07:45 AM
    [ATTACH]278492[/ATTqAC H]uujq

Encrypted on my Z10
    Attached Thumbnails THE IDEAL PHONE APP for a BUSINESS USER!-1401764463161_686882.jpeg  
    06-17-14 07:51 AM
    Ooh talbot o.

Encrypted on my Z10
    06-17-14 07:52 AM
    Sorry my 1 year old son was playing with my z10

Encrypted on my Z10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-17-14 07:53 AM
    Luckily he didn't accidently post one of those awkward photos...

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, FF22 and WanShark69 like this.
    06-17-14 08:04 AM
    This is a matter of disagreement on what is efficient, for me, I am often calling people I have already recently spoken too, in other words, using call history is very efficient and I definitely do not have a use for T9 today.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-17-14 08:25 AM
    On a Q10, that's pretty easy: unlock, start typing a number, and the first suggestion is 'Call number' - like in the picture. If you start typing a name, the contact will be displayed.

Doesn't this work the same way on Z10 via the search function?

THE IDEAL PHONE APP for a BUSINESS USER!-img_20140617_154740.png

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 08:51 AM
    So you remember to search 0x0cd etc? Odd
    06-17-14 08:54 AM
    On a Q10, that's pretty easy: unlock, start typing a number, and the first suggestion is 'Call number' - like in the picture. If you start typing a name, the contact will be displayed.

Doesn't this work the same way on Z10 via the search function?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140617_154740.png 
Views:	241 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	278501

Posted via CB10
    It works but im using 10.3, universal search doesn't work. Haha.

06-17-14 08:55 AM
    What do you mean? I just type the number on the keyboard and it doesn't matter if I use shift, it still recognizes the number (so even if I type 'x' instead of shift-x, which would be 8, it still knows this might be an 8).

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 09:00 AM
    This is a matter of disagreement on what is efficient, for me, I am often calling people I have already recently spoken too, in other words, using call history is very efficient and I definitely do not have a use for T9 today.
    I would have to agree. I don't use my phone often for calls, so the few folks I call regularly and conveniently there when I open the phone app. But I do sometimes want to see the dial pad.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-17-14 09:26 AM
    Q10 keyboard. There are numbers on the q10 keyboard incase you didn't know, and the 0x0cd letters are placed with numbers where the universal search also registers the letters placed with the numbers as numbers. So you dont need to type the numbers directly when doing a universal in it.

06-17-14 09:27 AM
    What do you mean? I just type the number on the keyboard and it doesn't matter if I use shift, it still recognizes the number (so even if I type 'x' instead of shift-x, which would be 8, it still knows this might be an 8).

Posted via CB10
    In the search bar it's no phone number, so it changes on it's own?

Never mind. Seems dumb for the phone to show x instead of 8 no matter kb input or not.
    06-17-14 09:40 AM
    It converts it on it's own, as long as this is a number... so if I type '0x', it shows me the option to call '08'. But if I continue to type a letter that's not mapped to a number on the physical keyboard, for example 'p', then the option 'call' disappears and the search matches to '0xp' appear instead. Very clever system, actually. And very fast to call a number w/o entering the phone app explicitly.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 09:48 AM
    Luckily he didn't accidently post one of those awkward photos...

Posted via CB10
    I was reading the thread when he suddenly grabbed hold of it and wouldn't let go. Sorry TS!

Encrypted on my Z10
    06-17-14 09:56 AM
    In the search bar it's no phone number, so it changes on it's own?

Never mind. Seems dumb for the phone to show x instead of 8 no matter kb input or not.
    I dont think you get it at all.

06-17-14 10:23 AM
42 12