I've never owned a BB phone in my life, I've currently got an HTC Radar, but really I bought it half price back in April specifically as a filler device while waiting for BB10 as my previous phone of 14 months (Palm Pre 2) started playing up and missing texts etc.

I do however have a PlayBook which I love.
    12-10-12 02:29 AM
    I plan to switch from iPhone 5 to BB10
    Lennart Vork likes this.
    12-10-12 03:59 AM
    Hopefully people will start coming back to BB. My BBM list has dwindled over the past two years from 166 contacts to 11. I've been asking my friends if they can see themselves coming back to BB after BB10 comes out and I get about a 70/30 response. The majority of them say no and the rest that do, more than half of them have iphones. I am truly trying my best to hang in there with Blackberry but I feel more than that " I'm OK "with not having a Blackberry whereas before I couldn't dream of not having one. I've had Blackberrys since the scroll wheel was on the side of the phone then jumped to the 8220-9700-9900-9780 and lately my phone has been plagued with freezing and staying in EDGE a whole lot compared to the yrs past. I will wait until the release but I feel I will be disappointed just as I was when I bought a Playbook which has been in a case in the top of my closet since June. I guess what I really need to see are apps like Netflix, Instagram and Words with friends.. I'm not asking to start and unlock my car from my phone as my brother can but just something that will be able to hang with the Jones's.
    owadkelly likes this.
    12-10-12 08:26 AM
    I'm currently in the process of convincing my girlfriend to switch back and it's taking a whole lot of effort especially when she just bought the new iphones 5. If bringing her back to bb requires me purchasing the device, then I'll do just that
    12-10-12 10:28 AM
    My wife is...she just doesn't know it yet. Surprise!!!
    12-10-12 10:31 AM
    I'm currently in the process of convincing my girlfriend to switch back and it's taking a whole lot of effort especially when she just bought the new iphones 5. If bringing her back to bb requires me purchasing the device, then I'll do just that
    Well have you shown her any videos?
    12-10-12 03:02 PM
    Well have you shown her any videos?
    Of course, she stayed silent all while having a smirk on her face. Silence means acceptance
    12-11-12 12:30 AM
    Switching from iPhone 5 to BB10. Tired of the same thing!
    12-11-12 08:39 AM
    Going to try to sell my dad on BB10 from his Galaxy. He had a Torch and loved it, but he wanted something different. I will try to get him back to black.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    12-11-12 09:18 AM
    My brother who is an iPhone 4 user is waiting for BB10 and is more excited than I am...
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    12-11-12 09:33 AM
    Everyone I know has an iPhone, but I have a rooted Incredible 2 (android) with MIUI rom. The inc 2 never had much dev support so the ROMS kind of suck, and there still hasn't been an official update to ICS (LOL). Nexus 4 is not available on Verizon, and the Galaxy S3 is just too big and lame for me. That leaves iPhone 5...

I have played around with my GF's 4S, and while everything is buttery smooth, the UI is clunky. In another post about iOS6, I compared the design of a mobile OS to a car � in a car, the headlights, radio, wipers, heat etc. are all literally a turn or press away. This isn't only good design, it's just basic to the use of a vehicle. However, with iOS commonly used settings like WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth etc are literally buried in app that takes several clicks to get to. This is the equivalent of having the aforementioned controls on a car in the glove box: it simply doesn't make sense.

Also, Maps just don't work. I get less than half of the results with Apple than I do with Google, and to this day searching for "emergency room" does not show hospitals. Even in the small city I live in things are still misplaced, and directions I get are sometimes haywire.

The biggest issue with Apple, in my opinion, is that they lost their vision when Jobs died. Cook is a businessman, the interviews with him vs Jobs are radically different. He basically is a robot that repeats "it's amazing" over and over again. I don't think he truly loves what he does like Jobs did. And Apple, in my opinion, will slowly change into a less visionary company with that kind of leadership.

Because of that, I'm considering the BB10 even though my contract ends January 4. Though jailbreaking remedies a lot of issues with iPhone, Apple is making it harder and harder to JB their devices. I just want a phone that works great out of the box, not one I have to fill with tweaks to accustom to my liking. I want to use my phone, not spend time hacking it and paying more $$ for hacks to make it the way it should be. I want t9 dialing, not flipping through all my contacts to find one. I want to manage my apps all at once, not close them one by one from a little tray that requires 3 presses just to do so. iOS feels like building with legos: it's simple and gets the job done, but it really isn't elegant or flexible. I guess I'll wait and see...
    12-11-12 02:06 PM
    I'll be very happy to move from my iPhone 3GS to the L-series phone. I was quite thrilled with the iPhone in the beginning and was amazed at what it could do but found it frustratingly limited after a while. What it does it does very well and I could still recommend it for certain cases but I've long since outgrown it myself and have been waiting patiently for the new BB10 phone to come around. That looks like it has just about everything I need built right in and it won't be too often that I have to buy "an app for that". We'll have to see when the reality hits but so far it looks spectacular.
    owadkelly likes this.
    12-12-12 10:51 AM
    I'd like to move to BB10 from the iPhone 5. My only hesitation will be to see what the App support is like.
    12-12-12 11:09 AM
    I will be switching back to BB and going BB10 with the L-Series but I will be keeping my Galaxy Nexus close by.
    12-12-12 01:41 PM
    Currently using a Samsung Galaxy S II.... BB10 L-Series for me.
    12-12-12 03:50 PM
    I seriously love the iPhone 5. The audio level is better, LTE is great with hotspot, the battery life is impressive, and it just works well like an iPhone does. I also like the HTC 8X with Windows Phone 8. Used one a bit, and I would switch to it in a second if it had 32GB of storage. Microsoft has done well.

However, I use my phone 90% of work. I miss the calendar management and email management with truly unified inbox on BB. Windows Phone comes close on several account but not far enough. I will therefore most likely switch to the L Series with BB10. I can use any of the options to be honest, but the L Series puts BB back in the race for being my device. I will most likely switch back.

Each device has pros and cons, and none are perfect. For me, it is what I need to do most of the time. Once I switch, I will have a Latitude 10 convertible tablet with Windows 8 with AT&T 4G, and BB10 L Series on Verizon with 4G. Great combo to get work done!
    12-12-12 06:12 PM
    My Contract is running out in January.
    Switching from my 9780 to the L, or N BB10. I dont know at the Moment which Device...Full touch, or QWERTZ. This would be the first Time for me full touch.
    12-12-12 07:39 PM
    I won't be necessarily switching. I find it unlikely that I will be able to truly return to bb10 and use any of its devices as my daily driver. But, I will have one. Likely both the N and L series devices only.

There's just too many factors considered that I require from my daily driver for bb10 to fit me personally. Customization being one of biggest factors. Despite what rim believes is the best way of setting up the interface, I don't feel the same way, and would be required to tweak the ux to my liking. There's little known on the status of any tweaking options and I'm definitely not liking the ui from I have seen so far either. Application/game availability likely is the second biggest factor. There is quite simply content at this point that I couldn't compromise by going bb10 and it not being there. A lot of what's important to me application wise has a TBA status from developers or simply no word/interest. Then there's the the size of the devices themselves, specifically the L series. I use a gnote now and would love if there was a device of that size available. The next best thing would be the Aristo which from what we know likely won't be released until long after initial release.

All of this is just my personal preference and requirements for what I mainly look for in a device. Getting both the L and N series devices will allow for me to hopefully have a change of heart by giving it a chance and trying it out, but so far, I'm not counting on it. Possibly after 1/30 everything could be completely different all that I would want out of bb10 could even be there, but again, not counting on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    12-12-12 08:03 PM
    I switched from an Iphone to 9930 to android and will go to an L series. My coworker is going from android to an L series. My manager who has an android said he will try bb10.
    12-12-12 08:55 PM
    Will be switching from iPhone 5 unless I have something different by that time
    12-15-12 05:50 PM
    Not really what you asked but my BIL recently switched from a Torch to an iPhone, wonder if he will come back to BB. My guess is he will stick to iPhone just to "save face"! LOL

Myself I've been a loyal BB "follower" for the past few years. My biggest decision will be a N w/o Trackpad or L series.
    12-15-12 10:27 PM
    I'm switching from an iPhone 5 to either the N-Series or L-Series. I miss my 9930 with the keyboard so I'm most likely going with the N-Series. I can't wait!
    12-15-12 11:31 PM
    I'm switching from an iPhone 5 to either the N-Series or L-Series. I miss my 9930 with the keyboard so I'm most likely going with the N-Series. I can't wait!
    My only concern with the N is not having a trackpad. Without a trackpad I'm wondering if the smaller screen (w/keyboard) will be more difficult to work with?
    12-16-12 07:35 AM
    Well, everyone I've shown th pics loves the look of it. At the very least they will be looking out for BB10. That's my lil two cents for marketing BB10 but I will persevere and press on!!
    12-16-12 07:58 AM
    I'm going to test the phone out in the store once it's released. Until then I don't know. I currently have an LG Octane which is getting up there in age. Haha. I'm hearing great reviews about the OS but until I test it out, I won't know.
    12-17-12 02:21 AM
55 123