Ok, so I am already in the run for my first Blackberry device (Z10). I will be getting the device later this month. I would like for all of you with substantial Blackberry use to, in a sense, put the "icing on the cake" for me with your praises of this device.

Thanks,
    J. A. H.
    09-03-14 02:28 PM
    Do yourself a favour.. install the 10.3 leak, CB10, grab a 128 Gb or 64 Gb microSD card (Class 10+) for videos(movies)/pictures/&music, get bbm (hopefully along with some contacts), grab some good gaming apps off of BBW and amazon, some reputable cloud apps .. sit back and watch the magic happen. Have fun with BB asisstant, the best keyboard and browsing experience ever, all communication at your figure tips, no dreaded hoembuttons, multi-tasking powerhouse, DLNA, NFC, etc.

Also, grab yourself a 1.8V (Playbook) wall and car charger (2+hour full charging capability) .. you'll be glad you did...

And one of these inexpensive, great sounding headsets.. in Canada ( http://www.amazon.ca/Monoprice-10992...UvbUpU10795674 ), in the US ( Amazon.com: Monoprice 109927 Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones, Black: Electronics )

Battery is life is very good for me.. I used it for work. Advice: in Settings, turn off BB-Link wireless communications when not in use and turn off the Blackberry diagnostic feedback to get better battery life..

I really think you're going to enjoy it... if you haven't used BB10 before .. it's pretty different than what's out there... good luck!
    newcollector and AvvX like this.
    09-03-14 02:48 PM
    I'll just get this out of the way now because I'm sure someone other then me would have posted it.......

You should have bought a Z30!

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    AvvX and howarmat like this.
    09-03-14 02:52 PM
    I'll just get this out of the way now because I'm sure someone other then me would have posted it.......

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    Couldn't agree with you more.. but I think if you take into account the price difference, perhaps having a preference to a smaller screen and you're ok with the shorter battery life.. I think you'd still be happy with the z10...
    09-03-14 02:56 PM
    I haven't offically bought the Z10 yet, i just plan on it soon.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    09-03-14 03:02 PM
    Z30 that much better?

Couldn't agree with you more.. but I think if you take into account the price difference, perhaps having a preference to a smaller screen and you're ok with the shorter battery life.. I think you'd still be happy with the z10...
    09-03-14 03:09 PM
    Z30 that much better?
    It depends on what you want out of your device. Both have their pluses and minuses. However, both have the awesome BB10 experience. The two outstanding things about the Z30 is this: the speakers and the longer lasting battery. I'm sure some Z30 mavens will chime in with other features. The Z10's screen is sharper but the battery doesn't last nearly as long. If you get the Z10, I would encourage you to get the battery charger bundle. They you don't have to worry about running out of power. You can either charge the phone from the bundle, or just switch out the batteries.

Both are outstanding phones. I also would encourage you to load the 10.3.0.1130 leak. If you get the chance to play with both phones, you will then know which one is best for you. Good luck in your shopping. Personally I think it is a win win choice for you.
    AvvX likes this.
    09-03-14 03:31 PM
    Thanks newcollector +1
    09-03-14 03:39 PM
    Is the 10.3.0.1130 stable? What are the perks?

It depends on what you want out of your device. Both have their pluses and minuses. However, both have the awesome BB10 experience. The two outstanding things about the Z30 is this: the speakers and the longer lasting battery. I'm sure some Z30 mavens will chime in with other features. The Z10's screen is sharper but the battery doesn't last nearly as long. If you get the Z10, I would encourage you to get the battery charger bundle. They you don't have to worry about running out of power. You can either charge the phone from the bundle, or just switch out the batteries.

Both are outstanding phones. I also would encourage you to load the 10.3.0.1130 leak. If you get the chance to play with both phones, you will then know which one is best for you. Good luck in your shopping. Personally I think it is a win win choice for you.
    09-03-14 03:40 PM

So just to add regarding the z30 over z10:

- almost twice the battery life
    - 5" vs. 4.2" screen
    - supports Miracast - wireless video/audio mirroring to supported devices over wifi
    - fantastic speaker system
    - Paratek antenna for improved compression and reception
    - USB OTG (on-the-go) -> hook up usb devices direct to phone.. hook up a powered usb hub and attached usb peripherals like usb hard drives, keyboards, mice, etc.
    - FM radio

drawbacks for some:

-AMOLED 720p
    AvvX likes this.
    09-03-14 03:41 PM
    The icing for me is the Hub. Having all your emails, texts messages, Facebook notifications, Twitter, BBM, and phone call log in one spot is great!!
    AvvX likes this.
    09-03-14 04:17 PM
    So just to clarify.....I've been using a Z10 since day one. Definitely one of the best BlackBerry's I've owned thus far. That said, I'm now looking at the Z30 as a bridge between getting a newer device and waiting for a Z10 or Z30 successor.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Z10, as others have mentioned it's definitely a good way to intro into the BB10 experience without shelling out Z30 dollars! I just made my previous comment because that's what you'll always get in the forums.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    AvvX likes this.
    09-03-14 04:46 PM
    So just to clarify.....I've been using a Z10 since day one. Definitely one of the best BlackBerry's I've owned thus far. That said, I'm now looking at the Z30 as a bridge between getting a newer device and waiting for a Z10 or Z30 successor.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Z10, as others have mentioned it's definitely a good way to intro into the BB10 experience without shelling out Z30 dollars! I just made my previous comment because that's what you'll always get in the forums.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    Yes, but in all fairness the z30 is definitely a step up from the z10. I use a z10 right now and love it.. but if I had to choose between a 10 and a 30... I'd take the z30 hands down especially for the reasons I mentioned above...

Sorry, even though I mentioned the one drawback, the screen on the z30 is beautiful so I wouldn't hold that against it...

Posted via CB10
    AvvX likes this.
    09-03-14 05:03 PM
    Get an HDMI cable and watch you friends in amazement while you play games and stream movies and sports (MLB @ bat). If you really want to impress add a blue tooth mouse and show them how easy it is to actually do something constructive on a phone.

Posted via CB10
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    09-03-14 06:46 PM
    Z30 all the way! As for the 720 display, this is a super amoled display, it is very good and has great colour. You would have to press your eyeball up to the screen to seen the difference. The hub is definitely killer,I like the locked screen notifications, the peek feature on the camera, the FM radio, all the hidden short cuts, and the battery life, I typically get 2 - 2.5 days on moderate usage. X2 on the playbook charger.
    AvvX likes this.
    09-03-14 09:18 PM
    Agree with those that suggest the z30. The z10 is a nice size but battery isnt great, its missing some features that the z30 has and its just overall a better phone.
    09-03-14 09:32 PM
    I love my Z10, and don't want the Z30. Yes the Z30 is amazing, yes its battery lasts longer, but, you cannot take it out. That is a necessity for me. I have three Z10 batteries. I travel worldwide and often in areas with bad signal I get horrible battery life, I can simply pop the battery out and replace it. On the Z30 you cannot. I am often without a way to charge for a long time, the extra batteries keep me going.

At home, on LTE, I get fantastic battery life, all day with no issues.

The Z10 is also smaller and fits into my pocket easier.

When the battery finally begins to fail, you can simply buy a new battery. They do fail.

I wouldn't begin by installing 10.3. Wait until you get to know the device and get everything working. I run 10.2.1.3175 and it works extremely well.
    09-04-14 01:29 PM
    I love my Z10, and don't want the Z30. Yes the Z30 is amazing, yes its battery lasts longer, but, you cannot take it out. That is a necessity for me. I have three Z10 batteries. I travel worldwide and often in areas with bad signal I get horrible battery life, I can simply pop the battery out and replace it. On the Z30 you cannot. I am often without a way to charge for a long time, the extra batteries keep me going.

At home, on LTE, I get fantastic battery life, all day with no issues.

The Z10 is also smaller and fits into my pocket easier.

When the battery finally begins to fail, you can simply buy a new battery. They do fail.

I wouldn't begin by installing 10.3. Wait until you get to know the device and get everything working. I run 10.2.1.3175 and it works extremely well.
    That is my exact thoughts for why I am wanting the Z10. The Z30 looks promising but Z10 seems, and by all the recent info, to be the route for me personally.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-04-14 01:51 PM
    Do yourself a favour.. install the 10.3 leak, CB10, grab a 128
    Battery is life is very good for me.. I used it for work. Advice: in Settings, turn off BB-Link wireless communications when not in use and turn off the Blackberry diagnostic feedback to get better battery life..

I really think you're going to enjoy it... if you haven't used BB10 before .. it's pretty different than what's out there... good luck!
    Where is the "Blackberry diagnostic feedback"?!
    Can you give me a screenshot?!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 02:13 PM
    The screen! Even at lowest brightness it looks charming. And I love the BlackBerry World!! The dark theme is so much better than the algae slime fungi theme of android playstore.
    Moreover, the swipe up to wake option is so awesome and convenient.

And the picture password. Nobody can crack this baby.

I could just go on and on and on.

Posted via CB10
    AvvX likes this.
    09-05-14 03:01 AM
    The Hub and the typing is the best for me. Upon buying the Z10, download the Amazon App Store app, and you are good to go from there. BB10 OS is just great indeed.

Z10 again &again...

Posted via CB10
    AvvX likes this.
    09-05-14 04:11 AM
    We own two Z10s. I did check the Z30 out but stuck with my Z10. Love the size, form factor and the LCD display. Screen is just gorgeous. The phone is solid, dropped it about three times and still going strong. Removable battery is nice to have when u r traveling. Or out for a whole day. Battery bundle is cheap and lightweight to carry.

The phone is fast, and eye catching. Check out Storymaker, read up on all of the Hub tricks and enjoy ur BB10!

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    AvvX likes this.
    09-05-14 08:19 AM
    I chose my Z10 over the Z30 for size too never regretted my decision..I need my phone to go in my pocket it's a deal breaker for me...I have a charger at work in my car & at home so the battery has never been an issue...I love the screen the hub the way it sorts out my shocking spelling when texting & swiping is the way forward still makes me laugh when people have a try look for a button!

My Z10 Whiteout
    AvvX likes this.
    09-05-14 07:00 PM
    Where is the "Blackberry diagnostic feedback"?!
    Can you give me a screenshot?!

Posted via CB10
    Go into Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Diagnostics.. and switch it off

Icing on the Cake-img_20140906_155330.png

Posted via CB10
    tai258456 likes this.
    09-06-14 02:58 PM
    For me it's my beloved Z10 until 10.4 which will require new hardware. Even then my Z will make a great second phone.

Posted from my Naked Selfie secure BlackBerry.
    09-06-14 03:19 PM
28 12