Hi guys, I wanted to add some of my thoughts on the Z10 and why I didn't completely embrace it just yet.

Today I went and visited a friend who happens to be an ATT rep. Knowing how much I love Blackberry and refuse to give up my bold until I am completely satisfied with BB10 as the total package. She and I both went through some of the finer points of the new Z10. First off, I would like to point out how very pleased I was at the enthusiasm she and the other reps had towards Blackberry and their new platform. They seemed very positive and excited for the new platform. My friend actually is considering getting a Z10 in place of her beloved iphone (that's pretty huge).

I found the Z10 to be a clean and elegant design which feels very good in hand. The screen is very bright, crisp and clean. The speed and smoothness of the Z10 is on par with todays offerings. The keyboard does take a bit of time to get used to, but is very nice and responsive. The camera was quick & clear but some photos were a bit on the dark side (this is just a simple overview, not a judgement. Obviously more time needs to be dedicated on the device). I did not have a chance to try the browser or music app, but the reps stated that browsing on the Z10 was one of the fastest of the current line of smartphones to date. Now, as nice and wonderful my initial impressions of the Z10 are. I was still not fully compelled to make the purchase. I was willing to pay the $549. for an out of contract, but something just held me back.

My HTC One+ is the smartphone I carry along side my Bold. Why you may ask? Well, in a nutshell, The camera is killer, Google navigator is amazing. The Google ecosystem as a whole has gotten way better and I love google play (especially the movies). The virtual keyboard on the One + is perfect & email and messaging is a joy. Also, several months ago I posted that if Blackberry could not surpass or match my HTC. Then that could sway my decision. As of now, I think the the company formally known as RIM are on the right path and I really want them to succeed. To date, they do so many things right, but for me are not where I need them to be. The new HTC One coming out very soon it one I've got my eye on. Not to mention what Samsung will be coming out with its latest GSIV. I do admit that the features found on these smartphones benefit my needs (and wants).

My future intentions are to eventually go back down to one smartphone (I really hate carrying 2, but on rare occasions it really came in handy. During a snowstorm my ATT (HTC line) service dropped for 3 days, while my Verizon (Bold line) held up). For now I really am keeping an eye on this forum to read what early adopters are experiencing. As well as HTC and Samsung. Forget Apple, I really have no love for the iphone. My wife has one and it bores me to tears. The Windows 8 platform looks pretty nice but I think for now, I'm just really torn between Blackberry & Android.
    03-24-13 05:14 PM