I will buy the BB 10 L series only if...

I am alive that day . . .
    bungaboy and Skeevecr like this.
    12-11-12 05:16 PM
    No you missed the boat. Samsung is now scaring the **** out of Apple beacuse of their innovative approach. If you want to be the winner in a race, there is no place for hollow wishes.

I just hope that you aren't one of RIM's Executive Team, because with such mentality, the BB10 and what will follow is promised to fail...
    Come on now. Play nice. IIRC you usually don't post trash.

As for your demands. You are way too late. Should have been on RIM 6 months ago.
    12-11-12 05:28 PM
    The iPhone 5 weighs 112 grams.

Personally I hate the weight of it, I've felt heavier plastic dummy phones in carrier stores.
    Last i checked they were usually weighted so they match the weight of the real device
    12-11-12 08:02 PM
    Still rocking the Cowon S9. Awesome device.
    12-12-12 07:10 AM
    It confuses me greatly why you think that high quality audio is in any way worth while from a mobile device. I mean, its not just a question of having a good audio processor... theres a slew of other stuff that you need to do to actually get a significant increase in quality anyway. If you are the kind of guy who is willing to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on getting the ultimate sound, why are you cheaping out at this point, asking that you be provided with something 'for free' (you think RIM could slap an extra $100 on the asking price for that audio-processor?) and not buying if you don't get it ?

If you care about sound, then a phone is not the right device- their music players are for convenience not quality . Perhaps I could interest you in a turntable ?
    ubizmo likes this.
    12-12-12 07:43 AM
    It confuses me greatly why you think that high quality audio is in any way worth while from a mobile device. I mean, its not just a question of having a good audio processor... theres a slew of other stuff that you need to do to actually get a significant increase in quality anyway. If you are the kind of guy who is willing to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on getting the ultimate sound, why are you cheaping out at this point, asking that you be provided with something 'for free' (you think RIM could slap an extra $100 on the asking price for that audio-processor?) and not buying if you don't get it ?

If you care about sound, then a phone is not the right device- their music players are for convenience not quality . Perhaps I could interest you in a turntable ?
    or transistor radio perhaps?
    12-12-12 08:00 AM
    Still rocking the Cowon S9. Awesome device.
    Oh yeah! cowon rules!
    is the J3's successor on its way ? I am waiting eagerly.
    12-12-12 08:54 AM
    It confuses me greatly why you think that high quality audio is in any way worth while from a mobile device. ...
    I am really surprised that people find it normal to worry about camera quality, ( convenience for a phone) display quality ( convenience for a phone), and to be shocked when someone cares about sound quality.

We are in the Smartphone era. No need to have 5 devices in your pockets when you can carry only one.
    12-12-12 08:59 AM
    or transistor radio perhaps?
    Well... why not. As long as its weight doesn't exceed 126 g ^^
    12-12-12 09:00 AM
    I am really surprised that people find it normal to worry about camera quality, ( convenience for a phone) display quality ( convenience for a phone), and to be shocked when someone cares about sound quality.
    Visual defects are immediately noticeable. Audio defects are debatable, as the human mine is programmed to automatically fill in the gaps.

That being said, I'd prefer RIM spent the money on a camera that works in very low conditions then a $100 audio processor that I won't always notice the difference in.
    12-12-12 10:45 AM
    ...only if its battery life matches 9700's.
    12-19-12 12:47 PM
    My condition for purchase is going to be based on excellent Google Reader/RSS support. The reader I used on the iPhone years ago was great, and the one on my current Nokia 900 is amazing. I do a lot of my reading via RSS, and a crap experience with it = a bad experience with a mobile device. Don't care if it's native or a third-party app, but it's make of break for me.
    12-20-12 01:14 AM
    My condition for purchase is going to be based on excellent Google Reader/RSS support. The reader I used on the iPhone years ago was great, and the one on my current Nokia 900 is amazing. I do a lot of my reading via RSS, and a crap experience with it = a bad experience with a mobile device. Don't care if it's native or a third-party app, but it's make of break for me.
    I always just use the mobile site...
    12-20-12 09:40 AM
    I will buy BB10 after launch if the price is less than $450..
    12-22-12 06:38 AM
    It has Skype!!
    01-07-13 10:31 PM
    It has Skype!!
    What if BBM (audio and video) is offered as a cross-platform app, will you get it then?
    phylez likes this.
    01-07-13 11:29 PM
    I am unsure.
    01-08-13 12:12 AM
    They don't make 128gb micro sd's. Just sayin'
    I know nothing about it, but are you saying nothing shown here is real? Or they're not the same type of SD cards the phone would support? https://www.google.ca/search?q=128gb+microsd&tbm=isch
    01-08-13 07:36 AM
    While the OP makes some outlandish requests for the Z10, I have to say, it's nice to see that he knows what he wants. Unfortunately, I think his standards are set too high for what the Z10 will offer him. The Z10 will have expandable memory, and I'm not sure he has to be exact on the 126g weight. Who cares if it's 90g or 130g... Yes he says he doesn't want to have a phone that weighs a lot, but to be so specific is a little too much. Yes I know most of us don't want to have bricks in our pockets, but 4g won't make a difference if the Z10 is 130g.

Audio wise, I can appreciate his appetite for great sound, I have a fully loaded audio system at home that I have been building over the years with Accustat 1+1 speakers which gives music a very soft nice rich sound. The only phone on the market right now that I know of that has any hype of audio is the HTC One X or whatever it is with the "Beats" sound, which honestly is the biggest joke in the audio world.

He makes an analogy of why we clamor the idea of having a great camera on a cellphone when we have DSLR's and such, the camera on the phone should be able to take quick nice shots, but in no way meant to replace the works of a real DSLR or camera. As I can appreciate the audio aspect, we are getting closer to a parity between dedicated music devices and cell phones. Not there yet, but it is getting better. BB does allow for OGG and Flac, which i believe RIM is one of the only vendors to allow support of this to begin with.

Anyways I hope with this thread being over a month old, hopefully the OP has learned a bit more since.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    01-08-13 08:43 AM
    He makes an analogy of why we clamor the idea of having a great camera on a cellphone when we have DSLR's and such, the camera on the phone should be able to take quick nice shots, but in no way meant to replace the works of a real DSLR or camera.
    I wonder about this. I'm thinking that expectations have shifted in the past few years. I grant you that for "serious" photography there is no substitute for a DSLR. Most people aren't into serious photography, but they do want those "quick nice shots" to be, well, nice. What I'm getting at is that I think fewer and fewer people are buying standalone cameras; increasingly they expect their phones to take pictures that are good enough that they don't feel they need to own a separate camera. As a result, the "If you want good photos, buy a real camera" advice is getting less and less traction with anyone who isn't a serious photographer. This is my sense of it, anyway.

Clearly, audio quality hasn't reached the same level of expectation. It may never do so, if only because average listeners are less discerning about audio quality than they are about photo quality. But...this is an area where future phone technology can try to separate itself from the herd. The first smartphone with truly stunning audio quality may ratchet everyone's expectations up, as Nokia and Apple have done for phone cameras.
    01-08-13 01:34 PM
    1- It will have a great audio processor. Similar to those used by the Cowon iAudio, to throw my iPod and my iAudio X5. Must read the Flac and the Ogg flawlessly.
    2- it will have at least 16GB of internal memory, with a microSD slot for extended memory up to 128 GB, to throw in my whole music collection and pictures.
    3- OTG port.
    4- its weight mustn't be more than 126 g.
    Question. Very serious one. No snark. Just curious. But what's the point in coming to make a post about conditional purchasing? Instead of saying what you won't do, why don't you just go to a store on launch day and play with it. A phone experience is NEVER what it is on paper. I don't care what anyone says. So many phones I've been hyped for, or shot down, that have completely changed my mind when they were in my hand. That's how I got my first Blackberry actually. Sprint got tired of replacing my HTC Touch Pro in store and offered me a choice of phones. I did NOT want that POS **** Blackberry Tour, not I. I wasn't ever gonna have a Blackberry...until I touched it. When it got in my hand, I didn't even know why I was anti Blackberry. This is my fourth year in, and hopefully my 3rd BB with the Z-10. Positive vibes and actual usage go a LONG way. And you know the beauty about most of the world's economies? You can ALWAYS take the device back if you don't like it...
    01-10-13 12:27 PM
    No you missed the boat. Samsung is now scaring the **** out of Apple beacuse of their innovative approach. If you want to be the winner in a race, there is no place for hollow wishes.

I just hope that you aren't one of RIM's Executive Team, because with such mentality, the BB10 and what will follow is promised to fail...
    Bro, a dev alpha b under-clocked to 1ghz wipes the floor underneath itself and an siii. Samsung ain't gonna be doing ****. Look up gadgetmasters
    01-10-13 10:52 PM
    I'm a kind of audiophile too. I'm not the big expert who knows everything, but i hear the difference between flac and 320kb/s, I like good hardware to listen to my music (headphones are one of my hobbies), I had player like cowon or iAudio etc... It's one of my favorite free time activity
    All this explication, just to say that i understand what you want, but i could tell you that BB will never do what you want. I was asking for the same kind of devices, for many years (128gb to put flac, gapless player, physics button to switch the music, and a very "neutral" sound to let my music "clear" and not put all that bassy **** like beats do in the phones or computer they supports. This is what i was asking for). But this is only a "dream" for us, the combination of our phone and our player couldn't be real. RIM manufactur phones, and if of course they put all the features like SDXC slot or gapless player, the quality will not be like our old player.
    Why do we stay on our ol iAudio for you, and my old cowon D2 ? Because nothing is really better on the audio player market. If manufacturer specialized in audio player can't beat iAudio or cowon, how RIM could do this ?
    Tbh get a panasonic htf-600 ($30-40) and a xonar dg soundcard for pc ($17-27) get you 90% of the way to those $1k or even $10k setups and it'll sound heavenly. (Y)
    01-10-13 10:59 PM
    In this latest video, he states it is 125g.

01-15-13 08:22 AM
    In this latest video, he states it is 125g.

Is it me or does the device looks puny in this video? Is that because this guy's hands are huge by comparison or something?
    01-15-13 08:29 AM
78 1234