4- its weight mustn't be more than 126 g.
    Exactly 126 huh? We're you planning to use the phone part time as a measuring weight? Or do you find phones heavy? (lift more weights bro)
    12-09-12 02:57 AM
    Exactly 126 huh? We're you planning to use the phone part time as a measuring weight? Or do you find phones heavy? (lift more weights bro)
    don't have lot of time on my hands ^^
    not more that 126 g could be 126g or 125g, or 124 g or 123g or 122 g, or ... you got the idea.
    12-09-12 12:04 PM
    You need to talk to Neil Young.
    Neil Young the singer ? I prefer Paul Young.
    12-09-12 12:05 PM
    This will be running a 1GHz+ processor. no matter what it will be superior to your 7 year old MP3 player. And Blackberries have supported Flac and Ogg since the Torch 9800...
    It has nothing to do with the main processor. It is all about the circuitry used for audio Processing. ( dedicated audio processor)
    12-09-12 12:07 PM
    don't have lot of time on my hands ^^
    not more that 126 g could be 126g or 125g, or 124 g or 123g or 122 g, or ... you got the idea.
    im curious, will you be buying a case/skin?

as for me? I will buy the BB10 L series only if........it comes with BB10 easily pleased me lol
    12-09-12 12:25 PM
    It has nothing to do with the main processor. It is all about the circuitry used for audio Processing. ( dedicated audio processor)
    Actually, it has everything to do with the main processor, because that's where the audio processor resides. And if you think that a seven year old audio processor in a cheap MP3 player will be superior to a brand new audio processor in a $600 smartphone, then you're sorely mistaken. Even then, I highly doubt you can notice any real difference, as the main factors that would alter your experience is the speakers used.
    12-09-12 12:30 PM
    ...And if you think that a seven year old audio processor in a cheap MP3 player .
    You call iAudio audio player cheap mp3 player ? you really don't know what you are talking about my friend... The 7 year old X5 player is still the reference when it comes to audio quality.
    And if the 2k13 BB10 can deliver as much as the 7 year old X5 then it's a great thing.

Why people are taking it so personal ?
    12-09-12 01:49 PM
    im curious, will you be buying a case/skin?

as for me? I will buy the BB10 L series only if........it comes with BB10 easily pleased me lol
    BB10 Os is absolutely a very nice and powerful Os. And I hope that it will blow the iOs out of water, ( I hate the Apple ecosystem). Anyway, the iOs 6 is horrible as it is.
    12-09-12 01:51 PM
    Why people are taking it so personal ?
    Final exams.

That being said, RIM does try to make phones with good audio quality, but it's primarily dependent on the chip used. For most people it should be good, but I can't honestly say if true audiophiles will like it or not.
    12-09-12 02:40 PM
    I will only buy the BB 10 L series if it comes will a physical keyboard.
    CallMeNop likes this.
    12-09-12 02:43 PM
    i think a native sound center w/ an equalizer & some other goodies would be a nice touch...
    12-09-12 03:23 PM
    And if you think that a seven year old audio processor in a cheap MP3 player will be superior to a brand new audio processor in a $600 smartphone, then you're sorely mistaken.
    Actually, iAudios were around the same price, along with most DAPs back in the day with a hard drive (not talking those cheap 128MB MP3 players).
    12-09-12 05:44 PM
    And if the 2k13 BB10 can deliver as much as the 7 year old X5 then it's a great thing.
    Ultimately, if you care that much about audio quality, you'll have to stick with older technologies like DAPs, CD players, etc... Heck, some purists even prefer the sound of vinyl records or cassette tapes. A large manufacturer like RIM cannot cater to every niche, which an audiophile is. The vast majority of consumers only care about convenience. Most don't have FLAC files in their music library, nor do they have OGG Vorbis. Most don't know what cue sheets are. Also, when it comes to hardware, a lot of people are content just using the standard earbuds that come with their phone (just think of all the iPhone earbuds you see in public). They don't want to carry around a $500 pair of cans and a portable amp.

The point is, RIM has little to gain by investing heavily into audio quality for their phones, which are already adequate for most peoples' needs. They may win the favour of a few audiophiles, but I think most of them don't even expect a smartphone to replace a Rio Karma.
    12-09-12 05:56 PM
    What are the weights of the Dev's without the case thingy?

I'll be getting the L as long as it comes in under 10lbs.....but just curious.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-09-12 09:19 PM
    No you missed the boat. Samsung is now scaring the **** out of Apple beacuse of their innovative approach. If you want to be the winner in a race, there is no place for hollow wishes.

I just hope that you aren't one of RIM's Executive Team, because with such mentality, the BB10 and what will follow is promised to fail...
    no Apple failed to innovate itself, Samsung hasn't done anythign different then any other Android based device, all they do is throw hardware at their devices, Apple innovated the touch based smartphone, they brough out the front facing camera, they made apps on a mobile device popular. up until the iPhones release a smartphone was simple just a means of communication that could browse and send e mails, Apple took it farther and now with the lack of change it has appeared that they are less innovative simple because they have raised the bar on what a smartphone is expected to do.

and no i'm not an executive at RIM, you're expecting to much from a smartphone but that said each device poses a different advantage to each user, RIM is building BB10 as a mobile computing device nto a multimedia device, with it have multimedia characteristics sure will but is what what its general purpous is, no its not.

weach person expects different thigns and should choose their device based on what they need from it, so liek i said earlier if you are lookign for soemthing that you can play music with to suit your audioholic needs then buy a samsung or an iPhone because you've clearly already made up your mind
    12-09-12 11:21 PM
    Not trying to be cheap here but for me BB 10 should have apps that can run over wifi without BIS, just like any other competitor phones in the market. Maybe some critical apps like email or bbm which require high security can be made to run only on BIS. I love BBs and I have been using BB and playbook for some years now.. I am constantly on the move and many times I am in very rural places and without cell network. If apps like facebook or whats app or twitter or browser or any of these sort of apps would require BIS.. Im out. BTW is there any news about it? I hope its like playbook that can run everything on both wifi and cell network.
    apart from that basic requirement for my choice, the only thing i want is no lagging! no freakin lagging at all.
    12-10-12 12:46 AM
    If it doesn't have a BlackBerry logo no way will I buy it.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    12-10-12 01:06 AM
    I'm a kind of audiophile too. I'm not the big expert who knows everything, but i hear the difference between flac and 320kb/s, I like good hardware to listen to my music (headphones are one of my hobbies), I had player like cowon or iAudio etc... It's one of my favorite free time activity
    All this explication, just to say that i understand what you want, but i could tell you that BB will never do what you want. I was asking for the same kind of devices, for many years (128gb to put flac, gapless player, physics button to switch the music, and a very "neutral" sound to let my music "clear" and not put all that bassy **** like beats do in the phones or computer they supports. This is what i was asking for). But this is only a "dream" for us, the combination of our phone and our player couldn't be real. RIM manufactur phones, and if of course they put all the features like SDXC slot or gapless player, the quality will not be like our old player.
    Why do we stay on our ol iAudio for you, and my old cowon D2 ? Because nothing is really better on the audio player market. If manufacturer specialized in audio player can't beat iAudio or cowon, how RIM could do this ?
    Masahiro likes this.
    12-10-12 03:28 AM
    only if it is released

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-10-12 03:52 AM
    If you're saying you won't buy the phone if it weighs 127 grams, you're a tad ridiculous.

Your HTC Legend has a 3.2 inch screen with half the pixel density of the new BB10 display, less than half a gig of RAM, and a 600 GHz processor. And if you're such an audiophile that you demand the above from BB10, I can only imagine how much you hate your current phone.

Drawing any comparisons between the 2 phones is borderline senile.
    12-11-12 12:23 PM
    I will buy the BB 10 L series only if...it can be charged in a charging pod.
    12-11-12 12:28 PM
    I'd only buy the London if it has a magnetic charging pad where it is suspended in midair while charging wirelessly.
    12-11-12 12:59 PM
    If you're saying you won't buy the phone if it weighs 127 grams, you're a tad ridiculous.
    ...Drawing any comparisons between the 2 phones is borderline senile.
    Okay, so let's make a comparison with the iPhone 5. ^^
    12-11-12 03:13 PM
    Okay, so let's make a comparison with the iPhone 5. ^^
    The iPhone 5 weighs 112 grams.

Personally I hate the weight of it, I've felt heavier plastic dummy phones in carrier stores.

Anyways, whether or not you buy a BB10 phone does not make a difference to me. But unless you put your phone on an extra sensitive scale every night before you can sleep....saying you're not going to buy it unless its lighter than 126 grams seems pretty dumb.
    12-11-12 03:25 PM
    The iPhone 5 weighs 112 grams.

Personally I hate the weight of it, I've felt heavier plastic dummy phones in carrier stores.

Anyways, whether or not you buy a BB10 phone does not make a difference to me. But unless you put your phone on an extra sensitive scale every night before you can sleep....saying you're not going to buy it unless its lighter than 126 grams seems pretty dumb.
    I get it now. You are the man who designed the BB10 and you made it weight 127 g. Don't be scared, I can forgive you the extra gram.
    12-11-12 04:53 PM
78 1234