1- It will have a great audio processor. Similar to those used by the Cowon iAudio, to throw my iPod and my iAudio X5. Must read the Flac and the Ogg flawlessly.
    2- it will have at least 16GB of internal memory, with a microSD slot for extended memory up to 128 GB, to throw in my whole music collection and pictures.
    3- OTG port.
    4- its weight mustn't be more than 126 g.
    12-07-12 09:16 AM
    They don't make 128gb micro sd's. Just sayin'
    12-07-12 09:20 AM
    I love using my 9930 as an audio device in my car (via bluetooth). It works extremely well, so I'm sure it will work even better on the L and N.
    12-07-12 09:32 AM
    I am pretty sure it is in the pipeline for the next year...
    12-07-12 09:37 AM
    So many people, so many demands...

Si.
    12-07-12 09:40 AM
    I am pretty sure it is in the pipeline for the next year...
    They are. But still... Just try a BB10 device when they are released. I don't think we will be disappointed
    12-07-12 09:43 AM
    Why 126grams? That's an odd request. If it has to do with the weight of the iPhone 5 then it's really weird, since most people seem to put a case on their iPhones anyways... the weight seems not important.. unless it's wayyyy too heavy (aka Nokia Lumia 920... that's even a bit too much of a tank for me).
    12-07-12 09:49 AM
    1- It will have a great audio processor. Similar to those used by the Cowon iAudio, to throw my iPod and my iAudio X5. Must read the Flac and the Ogg flawlessly. - Great media support is definitely in there
    2- it will have at least 16GB of internal memory, with a microSD slot for extended memory up to 128 GB, to throw in my whole music collection and pictures. - Yes it will be 16GB internal + and have expandable support
    3- OTG port. - Not from what I have seen though it will have DLNA and WiFi file sharing (though in all honesty I havent taken a look recently)
    4- its weight mustn't be more than 126 g. - strange and seemingly random weight. It is certainly light, but RIM also makes very solid products. Out of curiosity are you going to sit there and weigh the device? If it comes in at 127g you wont buy it? Seems extremely arbitrary
    jesse_h likes this.
    12-07-12 09:52 AM
    Out of curiosity are you going to sit there and weigh the device? If it comes in at 127g you wont buy it?
    Absolutely not! I insist. 126 g or nothing! ^^

I think you didn't catch me. I said that its weight mustn't exceed 126 g. Which is the weight of many other phones, including the HTC Legend ( I own), the Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V, and many others.

So no. I didn't came up with that weight from nowhere. And I like my HTC Legend weight.
    12-07-12 10:48 AM
    1-
    I'm with you. The lighter the better. Anything more than 150 and 'm out of the market!
    magutwit likes this.
    12-07-12 10:52 AM
    Why 126grams? the weight seems not important.. unless it's wayyyy too heavy (aka Nokia Lumia 920... that's even a bit too much of a tank for me).
    Well, Let's hope it will not have the HTC Desire Z weight, 'cause you will need a solid pocket to hold it.
    12-07-12 10:53 AM
    I'm with you. The lighter the better. Anything more than 150 and 'm out of the market!
    Too heavy for you to lift? :-P
    bungaboy and q649 like this.
    12-07-12 10:55 AM
    Absolutely not! I insist. 126 g or nothing! ^^

I think you didn't catch me. I said that its weight mustn't exceed 126 g. Which is the weight of many other phones, including the HTC Legend ( I own), the Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V, and many others.

So no. I didn't came up with that weight from nowhere. And I like my HTC Legend weight.
    No i understood that point, which is why i chose something 1g heavier. I really doubt you would notice any difference between 126g and 130g for instance. thats 1% of a pound (actually a touch less). Obviously its your preference for your device, just was questioning the value you place on that particular weight.
    12-07-12 10:55 AM
    Too heavy for you to lift? :-P
    I'm 5.6, weigh 65 kgs and wear skinny trousers to work. My Pant pockets won't be so happy with a brick in it.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    12-07-12 10:59 AM
    Holy... I had a Cowon iAudio M5 back when I was in highschool. It was back when the first generation ipods were first starting to hit the market. That was a great device. I had it rockboxed and everything.
    12-07-12 02:35 PM
    This is a completely ludicrous list of "demands." Sounds more like trolling, honestly. But if you are so insistent, don't buy it. I doubt anyone in the world will lose any sleep.
    12-07-12 03:23 PM
    This is a completely ludicrous list of "demands." Sounds more like trolling, honestly. But if you are so insistent, don't buy it. I doubt anyone in the world will lose any sleep.
    No, I am not trolling. I just send a message to RIM. And my demands aren't that ludicrous at this point of market maturity.
    I am an audiophile, and if the BB10 will offer a wow experience for the sound specs, then it is a decisive argument for buying to me.
    And making light phones isn't impossible ( samsung, Apple). So RIM needs to catch the race winners.
    12-07-12 10:47 PM
    RIM is not going to build a phone designed for audiophiles. The market for it is too small to justify the cost, as the vast majority of customers will be content with the music player as long as it's functional. Not to mention the device may require an optical output socket to bypass the volume circuitry for use with a portable amp, as well as the standard headphone jack. This will only confuse most people.

I personally use my phone as a music player due to the convenience of being able to use a bluetooth headset (even at the expense of audio quality) as well as being able to answer calls.
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    12-08-12 12:39 AM
    No, I am not trolling. I just send a message to RIM. And my demands aren't that ludicrous at this point of market maturity.
    I am an audiophile, and if the BB10 will offer a wow experience for the sound specs, then it is a decisive argument for buying to me.
    And making light phones isn't impossible ( samsung, Apple). So RIM needs to catch the race winners.
    so look at the SGS3 or the iphone5, seems like you want to go the route anyway so why wait for BB10s L series
    12-08-12 09:34 AM
    ^Exactly my point...
    12-08-12 09:54 AM
    so look at the SGS3 or the iphone5, seems like you want to go the route anyway so why wait for BB10s L series
    No you missed the boat. Samsung is now scaring the **** out of Apple beacuse of their innovative approach. If you want to be the winner in a race, there is no place for hollow wishes.

I just hope that you aren't one of RIM's Executive Team, because with such mentality, the BB10 and what will follow is promised to fail...
    12-08-12 06:51 PM
    Well if the cost-benefit analysis determines you are not worth the energy and resources for determining your [customer] lifetime value, they will use their resources elsewhere. Simple as that. So, contrary to your post, it is GOOD business by not expelling energy and resources on "dead ends." If it takes more convincing than Jan. 30th and their marketing strategies thus far and to follow, you will not be a concern for them.
    12-08-12 08:39 PM
    They are kind of unusual demands, with some that are made irrelevant with a little research
    1- It will have a great audio processor. Similar to those used by the Cowon iAudio, to throw my iPod and my iAudio X5. Must read the Flac and the Ogg flawlessly.
    This will be running a 1GHz+ processor. no matter what it will be superior to your 7 year old MP3 player. And Blackberries have supported Flac and Ogg since the Torch 9800
    2- it will have at least 16GB of internal memory, with a microSD slot for extended memory up to 128 GB, to throw in my whole music collection and pictures.
    8GB is a definite minimum, while 16GB is becoming standard and should be likely. But since the phones support MicroSD cards it's really not that necessary (unlike the iPhone)
    128GB SD cards (not MicroSD) cost over $150, and I assume the MicroSd version, if it comes out, will cost more. That being said BB10 should support the SDXC format, which allows for up to 2TB chips (barring technical limitations)
    3- OTG port.
    And what do you plan to use this port for? There are some devices with USB OTG (even The Playbook has the hardware for it), but I've yet to hear of any common uses for it. It is unlikely though, so feel free to move on if you constantly use USB OTG and can't live without it.
    That is an awfully specific weight. I consider the 9900 light for it's size and it's 130g. I think you'd just barely notice up to 145g or so.
    12-09-12 12:57 AM
    and what phone in this "mature" market has all those features you need?
    12-09-12 02:05 AM
    You need to talk to Neil Young.
    12-09-12 02:09 AM
78 123 ...