I usually don't post to threads like this, but to the OP, why didn't you at least try out the phone when you bought it, before you returned it? How do you know you don't like it or it's not the phone for you? It's like buying a new Ferrari and not even driving it because you read a few bad posts on the internet.
    Two real reasons concerns about bugs and a couple apps I really wanted...Doesn't matter I get new phones on a regualr basis and will get the second gen
    04-29-13 12:47 AM
    If you read most of the threads that claim bugs with the z10, you quickly realize that 80 percent of the writers were too lazy to figure out how to fix the problem on their own. People panic and write a false thread titles. In return, it does not do the Z10 justice. It's really too bad. Phone is amazing. No question about it.
    Probably true and will most likely by a send gen....really wanted a few apps that couldn't get and was concerned about bugs...I'm 99% sure I will be back and waiting a bit will be fine
    04-29-13 12:49 AM
    One of my main points with a true internet phone. I'd like to some apps that truly capture the phones capability. Reason I never had apps on the Bold was because it was super slow and the screen was too small.

As for sideloading...not sold on the idea
    No I get that. And I agree. Apps are crucial. What I'm saying is, you must have been aware of the app situation before purchasing the phone.

I can only assume this to be true since you said you purchased it but didn't even bother to try it. How would you know what apps are and aren't available without trying? Of course you researched beforehand. So what I'm simply saying is, why did you go through the trouble of purchasing, just to leave it in a box only to return for an I phone? Only can guess you made an impulsive buy, despite knowing the app situation and shortcomings...and not having siri, which was a silly reason to point out being that it's a no brainer. The voice command feature wasn't touted as something special or a huge selling point when this BlackBerry was being advertised.

Posted from my ZED10
    04-29-13 12:51 AM
    Two real reasons concerns about bugs and a couple apps I really wanted...Doesn't matter I get new phones on a regualr basis and will get the second gen
    I think you missed the point and like another poster said, if you actually read the threads of the so called bugs then you would realize the vast majority have an easy fix or can be attributed to user error. But your reasoning still doesn't make sense since you bought the phone then decided to research it after without opening the box. Doesn't sound all that logical.

Posted via CB10
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    04-29-13 12:53 AM
    No I get that. And I agree. Apps are crucial. What I'm saying is, you must have been aware of the app situation before purchasing the phone.

I can only assume this to be true since you said you purchased it but didn't even bother to try it. How would you know what apps are and aren't available without trying? Of course you researched beforehand. So what I'm simply saying is, why did you go through the trouble of purchasing, just to leave it in a box only to return for an I phone? Only can guess you made an impulsive buy, despite knowing the app situation and shortcomings...and not having siri, which was a silly reason to point out being that it's a no brainer. The voice command feature wasn't touted as something special or a huge selling point when this BlackBerry was being advertised.

Posted from my ZED10
    I was actually really excited and was waiting.....didn't open the box because I figured it would be easier to return. At the same time wife got an Iphone and I played around with it seemed cool. Didn't have a need for apps on the BB Bold because none of them (that I used were that great) So, I figured if I was going to use apps I should be able to use what I wanted. So I searched for some apps that I would want to use on App world and a lot of the apps I thought I would use were not there. Again, I'm by no means a BB hater and am assuming will be back....temporary stopgap
    04-29-13 01:00 AM
    I bet if you would have played with it instead of your wife's iphone, those apps would have again become irrelevant for you like before. Plus the browser replaces a lot of those. Anyways, enjoy your phone and maybe you will be back.

Posted via CB10
    dannejanne likes this.
    04-29-13 01:06 AM
    I bet if you would have played with it instead of your wife's iphone, those apps would have again become irrelevant for you like before. Plus the browser replaces a lot of those. Anyways, enjoy your phone and maybe you will be back.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man and I'm sure I will...totally having second thought you are right I should have played with it. I really do want the new DSM app though. That and want to see the shape of things six months to a year from now. Thanks for being polite. My point was just to give my reasoning. Certainly didn't want to start a war, merely wanted to post an alternative view for waiting.
    04-29-13 01:09 AM
    iPhone has no bugs? I got no issues with my Z10.
    04-29-13 01:12 AM
    iPhone has no bugs? I got no issues with my Z10.
    Not to say that at all however, the platform has been out for some time so a lot of the issues have been worked out.
    04-29-13 01:13 AM
    Thanks man and I'm sure I will...totally having second thought you are right I should have played with it. I really do want the new DSM app though. That and want to see the shape of things six months to a year from now. Thanks for being polite. My point was just to give my reasoning. Certainly didn't want to start a war, merely wanted to post an alternative view for waiting.
    You're welcome. If blackberry continues on the right track then I think your wait will be worth it and you will have what you need when you come back.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 01:13 AM
    You get new phones all the time but have never had an iPhone before? Don't you know that they are all the same?
    04-29-13 01:14 AM
    You're welcome. If blackberry continues on the right track then I think your wait will be worth it and you will have what you need when you come back.

Posted via CB10
    In all honesty that certainly is my hope and only planned this to be temporary....I tried Android a while back, kept it a month and returned it for a new BB. To me BB was much more straight forward and user friendly
    04-29-13 01:16 AM
    You get new phones all the time but have never had an iPhone before? Don't you know that they are all the same?
    Correct sir, have been with T-mobile for ten years. Last five phones have been BB,BB,Android,BB,BB
    04-29-13 01:18 AM
    I went from the iPhone 5 to the z10. Hope you. Hope you enjoy you choice of os.

Posted via CB10
    ksmui likes this.
    04-29-13 01:32 AM
    My upgrade is due in six months. Hopefully more of the popular and big-name app devs jump onboard. I hate the fact that before a developer decides to develop for an OS they wait till the OS has gained traction but on the other hand, a lot of people are probably opting out of getting the z10 because of the lack of apps! A catch-22 that Blackberry has been trying to beat and Kudos to them for the huge effort. Even Endomondo is taking a wait-and-see approach. I hate that $hit! But can you blame them?
    04-29-13 01:36 AM
    [QUOTE=twstd.reality;8395512]Great. Now someone lock this before it turns into a gong show.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE

TOO LATE!

Flood gates are open! Weapons have been drawn!
    M utually
    A ssured
    D estruction
    It's the cold war all over again!

From Zed to U via CB10
    04-29-13 01:41 AM
    My upgrade is due in six months. Hopefully more of the popular and big-name app devs jump onboard. I hate the fact that before a developer decides to develop for an OS they wait till the OS has gained traction but on the other hand, a lot of people are probably opting out of getting the z10 because of the lack of apps! A catch-22 that Blackberry has been trying to beat and Kudos to them for the huge effort. Even Endomondo is taking a wait-and-see approach. I hate that $hit! But can you blame them?
    I think the problem is the app developers. Once BB has gone through a few software updates and companies realize it is here to stay that should turn around. It looked like BB was pretty aggressive about trying to get apps.
    04-29-13 01:42 AM
    If you read most of the threads that claim bugs with the z10, you quickly realize that 80 percent of the writers were too lazy to figure out how to fix the problem on their own. People panic and write a false thread titles. In return, it does not do the Z10 justice. It's really too bad. Phone is amazing. No question about it.
    This is true.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    revtech likes this.
    04-29-13 01:49 AM
    I am also using my iPhone 5 at the moment until the z10's restart and GMail issues are worked out. I went through four z10's before I finally decided to wait.

I am not a troll or BB hater, but I am upset that I was having so many restarts and they where always happening at the wrong time. The last one occurred right in the middle of and important call with a client and that's unacceptable to me.

I feel that I shouldn't have to wait until the Q10 is released or there after to get this major update everyone is taking about. Fix the problems in you existing products first before you start worrying about introducing new ones.

If the GMail and Restart issues are solved in the near future, I will be back in the BB world. Yes IOS is stale and I miss the BB Hub and I hate the home button, but the device doesn't restart in the middle of phone calls and my GMail works perfectly and at this moment in time, that's good enough for me.
    ksmui likes this.
    04-29-13 04:11 AM
    -Too many reports of bugs showing up on threads.
    Looks like you haven't been reading the iPhone forums.
    04-29-13 04:27 AM
    never opened it and returned it for an Iphone 5.
    I should have stopped reading at this point. Any argument you make is pretty much moot since it is based off things you've read in a forum on the Internet...

What did you intend to gain from this post? Are you looking for reassurance that you made the right decision, or are you trying to sway crackberry nation's opinion on iOS?

To be honest it sounds like you are feeling guilty about your decision and are trying to reason with and reclaim your acceptance to this community. Hence the constant mentioning of how the iPhone is "temporary" and that you hope to be back.

Or, was this some kind of twisted noncommittal good bye?

Whatever your reasoning, by choosing the iPhone over the Z10, you just gave developers one more reason to focus on creating apps for the iOS over BB10.

I wish I could be more polite and say thanks for at least giving BlackBerry a shot, but you didn't even take it out of the box

Posted via CB10
    beamolite, revtech and SDTRMG like this.
    04-29-13 04:34 AM
    I think mostly your worries are unfounded.

-Too many reports of bugs showing up on threads.....I really wanted something tried and tested
    A) Your always going to read a lot of complaints and bug reports on these forums. Compared to iOS for example which has had more security bugs than an art farm. Yes there is a rebooting issue on select devices but there are many of us who have had a flawless experience with the device.

-APPS, I wanted apps for banking, professional and technical apps for psychology
    -Coming. And you really shouldnt be banking on your phone...

-APPS, simple little apps for meditation sounds and other miscellaneous crap
    -Coming. We are getting them faster than any other platform so far, the big apps are coming and the smaller ones will follow.

-Siri works much better than the BB version
    -Voice control is what it is, useful in a car, apart from that its faster to just go through the taps for the most part.

-I really like the integration of Google Maps
    -BlackBerry maps may not be Google Maps but it is a solid application, and if you need walking or transit directions the google maps website works flawless.

-Ability to use Google Voice
    _never used this service cannot comment

-Solid Netflix app
    -I see some of the appeal but in reality in most situations your better off just using netflix on a pc or laptop if not TV. Cell phone data plan caps destroy any real use that this could be.

-Time Warner Cable app to watch TV at airports.
    -Never used this so cannot comment

-Apple's Book app
    -This is just silly, you cant ask for something that is platform specific, you wont get imesssage or BBM on other platforms either.

-I don't use games so no big deal on that one.
    -Too bad, a lot of the big ones are already here.

The iPhone doesnt really compete in my opinion, I may sound biased but I try to avoid that if I can. Objectively, iOS is weaker on security, multitasking and "flow" of the OS, but is stronger on Apps and simplicity. All platforms have bugs, iOS seem to be more security related recently, Android has that irritating laggy keyboard, and BB10 has a rebooting issue. BB10 is also the OS that will receive the most updates and work in the next year, with the most room for growth.

And can I just say once again that the rebooting is a non issue for most of us and of all the bugs that could happen it is far from the worst.
    beamolite, cman5 and revtech like this.
    04-29-13 04:44 AM
    I was going to say i appreciate youre honesty then i read it again and realised you hadnt even opened it. Njoy ure iphone why did you buy and then not open z10

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 04:52 AM
    Choose the z10 over I phone 5 looks good so far BlackBerry can only improve. Happy chap me

Posted via Z10
    04-29-13 05:02 AM
    Iphone 5 is a great device. My mother (77) loves it! She can even play sudoku which she finds amazing!!
    It's very unfair to the iphone to compare it to the Z10. It's a 6 year old OS and we compare it with the state of the art that BB10 is.

On a more serious note...Different strokes for different folks guys.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 05:05 AM
63 123