Okay so here it is....I really with all my heart wanted the Z10. In fact I bought it, never opened it and returned it for an Iphone 5. I've been a BB owner for about eight years have had three of them and loved them. Here is why I made my decision.

-Too many reports of bugs showing up on threads.....I really wanted something tried and tested
    -APPS, I wanted apps for banking, professional and technical apps for psychology
    -APPS, simple little apps for meditation sounds and other miscellaneous crap
    -Siri works much better than the BB version
    -I really like the integration of Google Maps
    -Ability to use Google Voice
    -Solid Netflix app
    -Time Warner Cable app to watch TV at airports.
    -Apple's Book app
    -I don't use games so no big deal on that one.

Again, I'm hoping by the time I'm due for a new phone that the bugs are worked out and that there is a much larger selection of apps. I think I am sacrificing quite a bit with the decision, however think it was the correct choice for now. In theory I really like what BB has done and love the interface. For me I just want to see a bit more development. Hope to be back soon
    Last edited by ksmui; 04-28-13 at 11:44 PM. Reason: typo
    toutounjiomar and richardat like this.
    04-28-13 11:43 PM
    Welcome, and thank you for pointing out reasoning, however iOS6 doesn't integrate Gmaps all that well, they're more bent on their own vector mapping application now. Hope you enjoy, watch out for the the security flaws with the iOS and the i5 warping over time
    04-28-13 11:46 PM
    Enjoy your 6 year old interface then.
    04-28-13 11:47 PM
    Thanks Kris, Like I said I'm sure I'll be back, just for now needed some things that I wasn't going to be able to get. I completely love both the Bolds I had. I also really appreciate the hub concept and far better customizability. The notification settings on the BB are far better than the Iphone
    04-28-13 11:50 PM
    Yes and it's still new to me. - in response to theonechild
    moyjoy likes this.
    04-28-13 11:51 PM
    I did the opposite went from an Iphone 5 to the Z10 and never looked back.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 11:52 PM
    Great. Now someone lock this before it turns into a gong show.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 11:53 PM
    If you're really that dependent on apps the iphone 5 is probably a better choice for you. I need something with a solid OS, best communications device and something that will have great growth potential so that was the Z10 for me. Apple devices were getting stale.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-28-13 11:53 PM
    Yes and it's still new to me. - in response to theonechild
    Huh huuh? Childish name calling
    04-28-13 11:54 PM
    If you really really want
    Z10 then buy one. This bug thing is overblown and 10.1 is around the corner. BlackBerry maps are supposedly much improved. Just search Q10 forum

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    coldRooster likes this.
    04-28-13 11:56 PM
    If you're really that dependent on apps the iphone 5 is probably a better choice for you. I need something with a solid OS, best communications device and something that will have great growth potential so that was the Z10 for me. Apple devices were getting stale.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Not so dependent just wanted a few and realized that what I would be using was not available on BB. I Like the Iphone, my first one. Like I said pretty sure I will be back for the next release
    04-28-13 11:56 PM
    If you really really want
    Z10 then buy one. This bug thing is overblown and 10.1 is around the corner. BlackBerry maps are supposedly much improved. Just search Q10 forum

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Really also wanted DSM (Diagnostic Statistical Manual) app for psychiatry codes...Not avail. on BB
    04-28-13 11:59 PM
    Huh huuh? Childish name calling
    Sorry really was an honest mistake *shrug*
    04-29-13 12:01 AM
    Give it another try next year
    04-29-13 12:19 AM
    It's great to know that you're always leaning towards BlackBerry even though you've switched over to an iphone

Hopefully BlackBerry will eventually iron out all the bugs and improve the OS as well as the apps world so people like you will come back to BB =)

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    04-29-13 12:20 AM
    Give it another try next year
    Absolutely....and I'm sure that will happen!
    04-29-13 12:24 AM
    I didn't read the whole post. I don't like to be told to do things I don't like to do.
    Bo_bo likes this.
    04-29-13 12:24 AM
    Okay so here it is....I really with all my heart wanted the Z10. In fact I bought it, never opened it and returned it for an Iphone 5. I've been a BB owner for about eight years have had three of them and loved them. Here is why I made my decision.

-Too many reports of bugs showing up on threads.....I really wanted something tried and tested
    -APPS, I wanted apps for banking, professional and technical apps for psychology
    -APPS, simple little apps for meditation sounds and other miscellaneous crap
    -Siri works much better than the BB version
    -I really like the integration of Google Maps
    -Ability to use Google Voice
    -Solid Netflix app
    -Time Warner Cable app to watch TV at airports.
    -Apple's Book app
    -I don't use games so no big deal on that one.

Again, I'm hoping by the time I'm due for a new phone that the bugs are worked out and that there is a much larger selection of apps. I think I am sacrificing quite a bit with the decision, however think it was the correct choice for now. In theory I really like what BB has done and love the interface. For me I just want to see a bit more development. Hope to be back soon
    1) and the iPhone 5 gets bent, the audio port has issues, poor battery life...see, I can say the same.

2) fair enough but I'm not sure why you would rely on a phone application rather than journals for the professional setting.

3) you do not have a computer? I did an app search in blackberry world and it came with more meditation apps than I could count.

4) and what do you need siri to do? Aside from talk back? Does SayIt not complete the main bb10 voice attendant app?

5) you couldn't download the plethora of third party Google maps apps that are actually good?

6) you could not side load this?

7 and 8) you don't have a laptop for those airport trips?

9) Kindle doesn't work for you? Those are books, right?

Sounds like you weren't "with all your heart" wanting a z10 as you NEVER asked for advice and you didn't so research

Posted via CB10
    brout, SDTRMG, bigbmc26 and 11 others like this.
    04-29-13 12:27 AM
    It's great to know that you're always leaning towards BlackBerry even though you've switched over to an iphone

Hopefully BlackBerry will eventually iron out all the bugs and improve the OS as well as the apps world so people like you will come back to BB =)

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm assuming. I'm really anxious to see what apps come out. Things I will really miss for the time being
    -Awesome ability to customize
    -Email worked perfect
    -The best custom notification
    -The keyboard on the Z 10 looks amazing
    -Larger screen
    -Cool app windows

Like I said I really weighed both sides and this was the best choice for me for now. Planning on coming back with the second gen
    04-29-13 12:27 AM
    Appreciate your honesty, but, and I hate to be that guy, it seems like you shouldn't have really purchased the zed10 in the first place; most of your issues were related to apps, which everyone and their mothers know all about when it comes to BlackBerry and the zed10 in particular.

Not that it's a lost cause, but it is a waiting game right now as far as many apps are concerned.

Posted from my ZED10
    04-29-13 12:31 AM
    1) and the iPhone 5 gets bent, the audio port has issues, poor battery life...see, I can say the same.

2) fair enough but I'm not sure why you would rely on a phone application rather than journals for the professional setting.

3) you do not have a computer? I did an app search in blackberry world and it came with more meditation apps than I could count.

4) and what do you need siri to do? Aside from talk back? Does SayIt not complete the main bb10 voice attendant app?

5) you couldn't download the plethora of third party Google maps apps that are actually good?

6) you could not side load this?

7 and 8) you don't have a laptop for those airport trips?

9) Kindle doesn't work for you? Those are books, right?

Sounds like you weren't "with all your heart" wanting a z10 as you NEVER asked for advice and you didn't so research

Posted via CB10
    It's not a competition... I made what was the best choice for me

Two biggest deal breakers....1.The reported bugs in threads on this site

2. Really wanting the DSM on a hand held. I work in separate offices and use the book every day...much more convenient on a mobile app

Like I said I'm sure I'll be back. I have loved all of my BB's this one just appears to me IMHO to need to work out a few kinks. If that is the case, no need to worry BB should not be going anywhere soon
    04-29-13 12:33 AM
    I didn't read the whole post. I don't like to be told to do things I don't like to do.
    The post said "please read the whole post" which is a request and not a demand. And btw I do have a dropbox account thanks for the ad
    04-29-13 12:36 AM
    Appreciate your honesty, but, and I hate to be that guy, it seems like you shouldn't have really purchased the zed10 in the first place; most of your issues were related to apps, which everyone and their mothers know all about when it comes to BlackBerry and the zed10 in particular.

Not that it's a lost cause, but it is a waiting game right now as far as many apps are concerned.

Posted from my ZED10
    One of my main points with a true internet phone. I'd like to some apps that truly capture the phones capability. Reason I never had apps on the Bold was because it was super slow and the screen was too small.

As for sideloading...not sold on the idea
    04-29-13 12:39 AM
    I usually don't post to threads like this, but to the OP, why didn't you at least try out the phone when you bought it, before you returned it? How do you know you don't like it or it's not the phone for you? It's like buying a new Ferrari and not even driving it because you read a few bad posts on the internet.
    04-29-13 12:39 AM
    If you read most of the threads that claim bugs with the z10, you quickly realize that 80 percent of the writers were too lazy to figure out how to fix the problem on their own. People panic and write a false thread titles. In return, it does not do the Z10 justice. It's really too bad. Phone is amazing. No question about it.
    04-29-13 12:43 AM
63 123