Unless I am doing something wrong, which I might be - 10.1 won't solve the problem for all accounts. The option to leave it forever is only available for one of my accounts, oddly enough it is my least used account.

I want to love Z10/BB10 - but having hard time with 30day email storage.-img_00000008.png

In the account that has it, I can bring up the advanced settings. Once I click that button, I get the following screen:

I want to love Z10/BB10 - but having hard time with 30day email storage.-img_00000009.png

That works swell, only problem is the "Advanced Settings" option is only avalable for certain types of accounts. This is one of my Gmail accounts:

I want to love Z10/BB10 - but having hard time with 30day email storage.-img_00000010.png

Notice, no advanced button next to the trash can. There also isn't a advanced button for my pop3 accounts. Does anyone if there is a solution to this problem?

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    04-22-13 06:46 PM
    But here's the thing though you can still view those emails by alternative means.Last I checked you got internet browser and have alternative access to those emails.So you really just being a drama queen and making a scene as far as imo. Additionally it is said more than 30 days access will be available at the 10.1 update.

I dont know maybe cause im too cool and always try find answers to my problem.But I aint with this ********,lame complaints when you actually have access by other means.Should it have more days been available from the go yeah maybe ,but if is not and there's another way than you should really just keep it moving.
    Are you too cool to read?

In my OP - I asked for advice HOW to work around the 30day limit. ProblemSolving101.

I started this thread after verbally consulting with BB head office, who refused to confirm the 30 day limit would ever change. At present day, Blackberry has yet to announce this will change - only BB enthusiasts have the "inside scoop" about it. Until they make it official, even if just an announcement - you may continue to get the odd question or rant from a confused Z10 newbie.

OTOH - you are not obligated to read every thread ...?

As it is, I DO work around it ... I use my 2.5yr old torch for work purposes, until 10.1 arrives my Z10 is merely an iPod. I need my device to offer longterm storage of email & txt from clients, otherwise I need to carry a laptop to do it. I spend time in places with poor cell reception, I can't rely on cloud storage for search purposes. I'm too untechnical to side load 3rd party apps and reorganize years worth of emails.

ETA: at the time I inquired, K9 was only available by side loading.
    Last edited by 2cats1dog; 04-22-13 at 07:18 PM.
    04-22-13 07:00 PM
    I have the same screen as you... my gmail is IMAP, which is limited to only 30 days. I think if you have hotmail, then 'forever' is available. My only solution at this point is to use the browser and to log into gmail.com there. Works pretty well, actually.

Supposedly they're working on this solution in the next update (although the recent leaked 10.1 still doesn't have it available yet)... if it's not available, I won't mind using the browser method to search older emails, since I rarely need to search back far. For me, 30 days is plenty.
    04-22-13 07:32 PM
    Just for the sake of accuracy: when most people say "here" they mean "official release", not "beta", not "developer preview", not "leak" and not "hybrid/hacked/whatever".

So officially... .10.1 is not "here". It is "coming soon" as I pointed-out above.
    You are a smartie! Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:35 PM
    Unless I am doing something wrong, which I might be - 10.1 won't solve the problem for all accounts. The option to leave it forever is only available for one of my accounts, oddly enough it is my least used account. [...]

Notice, no advanced button next to the trash can. There also isn't a advanced button for my pop3 accounts. Does anyone if there is a solution to this problem?

That is because apparently, the "forever" option in 10.1 only applies to Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) accounts, not IMAP accounts. I don't know if there are any specific plans to change that for IMAP or not.

I started this thread after verbally consulting with BB head office, who refused to confirm the 30 day limit would ever change. At present day, Blackberry has yet to announce this will change - only BB enthusiasts have the "inside scoop" about it. Until they make it official, even if just an announcement - you may continue to get the odd question or rant from a confused Z10 newbie.

No surprise really - most prudent companies don't acknowledge features that aren't officially announced/supported yet. As just one example why, if the feature somehow gets bumped off the roadmap or delayed, or if they run into issues getting it to work properly and delay or kill it for that reason, then they would expose themselves to liability and PR problems relating to earlier implied support for such unofficial features.

ETA: at the time I inquired, K9 was only available by side loading.

K9Email has been available as an approved port in Blackberry World since January 27, 2013.
    04-23-13 11:30 AM
    With 10.1, can hotmail/outlook sync forever?

I know yahoomail you can't sync forever, even with 10.1. Thanks.
    05-16-13 06:55 PM
    With 10.1, can hotmail/outlook sync forever?

I know yahoomail you can't sync forever, even with 10.1. Thanks.

Yes, since Hotmail/Outlook.com use Exchange ActiveSync, which now has that option.

Theoretically IMAP-configured accounts on 10.1 can see up to 90 days of history, 10.1 official release isn't available here yet so I can't test personally and I have seen conflicting reports on that so far from 10.1 users.
    2cats1dog likes this.
    05-16-13 09:47 PM
    where do you choose how long to save the emails for?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:31 PM
    where do you choose how long to save the emails for?

Email account advanced settings.

Sometimes the "sync timeframe" or "initial retrieval amount" is not available/editable unless you are initially setting-up the account. So in some cases if you already have an account configured and you want to take advantage of the new setting, you may have to delete and re-add it.
    05-17-13 02:14 AM
    Thanks Omnitech, very useful info.

But this "30 day limit" simply isn't going to make it with corporations, let alone somewhere near the average user, that looks to his/her phone as their most important (tech) tool. That's not to say that some sales (to the mostly uninformed or "multi-phoned") won't occur, but this may well prove to be a real deal breaker and especially in conjunction with a few other "slights" for our late BB Z entrant.

[Note: I have to assume that the only logical explanation is that BB engineers faced, and saved, a more important performance constraint rather than having, for example, 90 or more days of hub listing.]

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 02:58 AM
    I want to love Z10/BB10 - but having hard time with 30day email storage.-img_00000141.png

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 06:04 AM
    update to 10.1 and your problem is solved. topics like this shouldn't be revived anymore now that you can have email forever and at least 90 days.
    05-17-13 06:44 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000141.png 
Views:	675 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	162543

Posted via CB10
    I don't have this option when i go to my settings/edit account. Does it depend on what type of email account you use?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:00 AM
    I don't have this option when i go to my settings/edit account. Does it depend on what type of email account you use?

Posted via CB10
    If it's an IMAP / Gmail account, the only way I've done it is to delete and reconfigure. Unfortunately it doesnt seem to survive restart

Posted via CB10
    Pandastrong likes this.
    05-17-13 07:13 AM
    It's May 28 today.

I run 5 email addresses on my Z10.

Email accounts that go through non-outlook.. NO problem. They date back to March when I got my Z10

The one Outlook linked account.. Nothing past 30 days.
    05-28-13 09:23 PM
    It's May 28 today.

I run 5 email addresses on my Z10.

Email accounts that go through non-outlook.. NO problem. They date back to March when I got my Z10

The one Outlook linked account.. Nothing past 30 days.

What email sync protocol (IMAP, Exchange ActiveSync) are you using on the non-Outlook accounts, and what is the software release/OS version installed on your device?
    05-28-13 11:22 PM
    What email sync protocol (IMAP, Exchange ActiveSync) are you using on the non-Outlook accounts, and what is the software release/OS version installed on your device?
    The software version is 10.1
    One email is a telus.net, and the other is a personalized .ca email from godaddy.

Both are set up as pop accounts.

Hope that clarifies.
    05-29-13 04:07 AM
    The software version is 10.1
    One email is a telus.net, and the other is a personalized .ca email from godaddy.

Both are set up as pop accounts.

Hope that clarifies.

Right now the Blackberry Hub only displays email for 30 days for POP accounts.

That limit is supposed to be eliminated later this year.

It's a very strange behavior, never saw another POP-based email program that acted that way. (Then again, most email programs don't combine all the messages and social networking feeds and IM's into one giant inbox either.)

I assume they were trying to prevent a problem where someone had 10,000 emails in their POP inbox or something, bogging down the Hub.

In the meantime, you can use a 3rd-party email client (like K9email, available in Blackberry World for free) that you can connect to your POP accounts without that limitation.
    05-30-13 04:33 PM
    @Havanabar,

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

Are you still unable to receive email on your Go Daddy email account on your Z10 device?

If so I would like to assist you further so that together we may reach a resolution.

Feel free to reply or send me a private message with additional details like what email settings you are using.
    06-04-13 10:11 PM
94 ... 234