This is more personal preference, but after seeing videos and everything on the Z30 i just think the app pages look a lot cleaner since the shadow boxes that surround the apps don't look so huge. I know the Z30 has a bigger screen, but I was thinking it could maybe be an option for the Z10. What do you think? I wouldn't mind slightly smaller icons.
    10-11-13 10:32 AM
    And smaller gaps between them!

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    10-11-13 10:35 AM
    Plus the ability to create a pattern. Like a 'L' or a 'U'.

Also like what I could do on the 9900 by displaying 1, 2, 3 rows etc, starting from the bottom and sliding them up or down.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-11-13 10:39 AM
    Yes, it's the customization of small details like this, which I still miss.

I want to be able to set my app icons in a way that complments the screen saver photo... rather than block it.

Posted via CB10
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    10-11-13 10:46 AM
    Yes, it's the customization of small details like this, which I still miss.

I want to be able to set my app icons in a way that complments the screen saver photo... rather than block it.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. For example I think it would be good to have an option to swipe up to hide the next calendar appointment on the lock screen and swipe down to show it. Battery percentage on the lock screen would be nice too.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 10:51 AM
    This is more personal preference, but after seeing videos and everything on the Z30 i just think the app pages look a lot cleaner since the shadow boxes that surround the apps don't look so huge. I know the Z30 has a bigger screen, but I was thinking it could maybe be an option for the Z10. What do you think? I wouldn't mind slightly smaller icons.
    Now that you mention it I would like the option of having no shadow boxes surrounding the icons it would look much cleaner Imo. Actually now that you pointed this out I can't not stop seeing the shadows! Help! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Unbiased Tech and FrankIAm like this.
    10-11-13 11:27 AM
    Now that you mention it I would like the option of having no shadow boxes surrounding the icons it would look much cleaner Imo. Actually now that you pointed this out I can't not stop seeing the shadows! Help! Lol

Posted via CB10
    This 99999999 times!

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    10-11-13 11:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can alway use a black wallpaper.

I Want an Extra Row of Icons on my Z10!-img_00000371.png

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 11:34 AM
    I wouldn't mind slightly smaller icons.
    That's a great idea too. Then we could have a whole bunch.

I Want an Extra Row of Icons on my Z10!-img_00000372.png

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 11:39 AM
    Is it just me or does anyone find it a bit of a pain organizing the apps. I have almost 7 pages of them.

I wish if you could somehow open apps on blackberry link on your pc (bigger screen) and Click and move them around to your organizational liking!! Just a thought.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 11:54 AM
    Is it just me or does anyone find it a bit of a pain organizing the apps. I have almost 7 pages of them.

Posted via CB10
    I've got mine down to 4, but I use a lot of folders.

You're right though. It is a pain and I'm forever re-organizing.
    10-11-13 11:58 AM
    That's a great idea too. Then we could have a whole bunch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000372.png 
Views:	905 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	209851

Posted via CB10
    Yea it's really noticeable just how big those icons are especially after I side loaded an android launcher. I loved the customization in os 7 where you could choose to have 1-6 columns.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 12:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol we all know your pain

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 12:07 PM
    I got rid of the shadow boxes by changing the wallpaper to solid black. (I just took a picture while the camera was face down and no flash).
    Works well and looks good (if not somewhat boring - as soon as you change it to something else the boxes show up again).
    10-11-13 12:19 PM
    I got rid of the shadow boxes by changing the wallpaper to solid black. (I just took a picture while the camera was face down and no flash).
    Works well and looks good (if not somewhat boring - as soon as you change it to something else the boxes show up again).
    I've ran with the black wallpaper a few times. It just gets bland after a while. It would be cool if we could set three wallpapers
    1) Lock screen
    2) Active Frames page
    3) apps pages

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 12:24 PM
    I've ran with the black wallpaper a few times. It just gets bland after a while. It would be cool if we could set three wallpapers
    1) Lock screen

3) apps pages

Posted via CB10
    Yup, like the old days.

There's a Wallpaper Changer that supposedly has a separate Lock Screen wallpaper, (haven't tried it), but for myself, I don't like Active Frames. Maybe once it goes Headless.
    10-11-13 12:31 PM
    i just wish we were able to have multiple pages within folders. I have a GAMES folder, and I can't fit all my games in there.. so i have to make a GAMES 2 folder.. which is redundant. just give me the ability to swipe over in a folder. I actually like that in ios7 although its pretty crazy how they made the folder popup HALF the size on the ipad.. pretty dump.
    and +1 to remove icon shadows for a cleaner look and/or place icons closer together.
    10-11-13 12:34 PM
    Yup, like the old days.

There's a Wallpaper Changer that supposedly has a separate Lock Screen wallpaper, (haven't tried it), but for myself, I don't like Active Frames. Maybe once it goes Headless.
    You can also do that with Lock screen wallpaper and Z Theme but I hate how the have to stay open as an active frame.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 12:35 PM
    You can also do that with Lock screen wallpaper and Z Theme but I hate how the have to stay open as an active frame.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Always close them by accident like BeBuzz Pro and Battery Guru.

AND, How come we can't hide icons like the old days? Whole bunch of native ones I don't use, we can't delete, which I used to hide.
    10-11-13 12:42 PM
    1) Lock screen
    2) Active Frames page
    3) apps pages

Posted via CB10
    I use a black design background

I Want an Extra Row of Icons on my Z10!-img_20131063.png

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 04:12 PM
    Sounds like you all wanna go buy nokia N9s

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 02:34 AM