I'm following the instructions how to do a back up of the phone to my pc and when I connect via microUSB cable it just starts charging the phone! It was working fine before then something happened. Can you guys help. Thanks.
    08-19-13 01:55 PM
    Uninstall link and reinstall link to reload the drivers
    08-19-13 01:58 PM
    Just to be clear, are you saying that Link or your PC doesn't recognize that the phone is connected? Only that the phone goes into charging mode when connected (which it will do automatically anyway)?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 02:22 PM
    I had this problem too. I in installed Link and reinstalled and it still didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    DiscoKing426 likes this.
    08-19-13 02:48 PM
    Just to be clear, are you saying that Link or your PC doesn't recognize that the phone is connected? Only that the phone goes into charging mode when connected (which it will do automatically anyway)?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. My PC used to recognize the phone but now it has stopped once I installed the BlackBerry Link software.

I think it's more like the PC doesn't recognize the phone (it's charging it). Regardless of Link or not...
    Last edited by srzjumper; 08-19-13 at 04:49 PM.
    08-19-13 04:37 PM
    Under Settings > Storage > Access to storage > mines on auto detect, maybe try connect to pc or connect to mac. Also on the bottom says USB Mass Storage, mines off maybe should be on?

I read somewhere that might fix it but I never had a chance to try it.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 04:43 PM
    On top of that... "To charge your device, use the charger that came with the device".. I get this message everytime I charge. However I'm using BB cables.. (but this is a separate matter)
    08-19-13 04:52 PM
    It appears to be backing up my data now I did the storage settings and then I was able to go from there. I just want to back up my phone data manually once or twice a month and not have sync on. So this looks like it's going to work! Thanks.
    Bobbie629 likes this.
    08-19-13 05:08 PM
    It appears to be backing up my data now I did the storage settings and then I was able to go from there. I just want to back up my phone data manually once or twice a month and not have sync on. So this looks like it's going to work! Thanks.
    Perfect!! I read that and I am.not sure what it really did/does because I never changed it. But I changed it and nine backed up several times now so I am not sure. I guess it doesn't matter really huh? As long as we get it to work right!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 09:47 PM