so i have been using an iphone since the iphone4 as of right now i have the iphone 5 and my contract is over next month, and i am just so tired of my iphone bc everyone in there grandmother's have it. (even my grandmother have's one) so i just cant take it no more....but i am scared to switch to another OS bc i am scared of app's when apple have's all the app's i needed but i am starting to think maybe i could go with out some app's bc maybe this blackberry z10 would be so much better then my iphone. my main questions is, is there anyone else who switch from an iphone to a blackberry z10? if you did how do you feel about it?

app's i use all the time
    instagram (i will slidload)
    Kik
    Chase
    Paypal
    Paypalhear
    square
    etsy
    youtube
    Shazam
    tango

sorry for any bad mispelling's my english is not that good..
    04-17-13 01:06 AM
    ... i am just so tired of my iphone bc everyone in there grandmother's have it. (even my grandmother have's one)...
    This is the prerequisite of switching. You'll be fine, but you just have to remember that you'll be without an app for a lot of what you had for just a little while. In most cases you can use a website instead or sideload if you really have to have it. I switched from Android, and I am missing a handful of items, but I've found workarounds.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-17-13 01:12 AM
    I also was an ios use from the 4 to the 5, and was hesitant to switch as well, but I can say it was the best decision I've made in a long time, and I've tried both android and windows and returned them.

The apps your looking for, most aren't available yet, but in time they will be. I've found most apps to replace ones I used, and HTML 5 on the browser is great for the blogs I read.

It's a first gen device so there are some issues as people have posted about, but personally I've had it in canada since release and haven't encountered any.

I also have a ipad so that helps if I really need to use a app. BlackBerry did well with the z10 it does what the iPhone should have been doing from release.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 01:13 AM
    I want a blackberry z10-img_00000198.png

Shazam and a few of those others aren't there yet but what you don't have just yet in apps the z10 more than makes up for in features. Check out the side load forum to see what apps are available. The YouTube is the mobile app baked in. Coming from an iphone device once you learn the simple gestures the transition is easy. Hope that helps.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-17-13 01:19 AM
    thank you guy's for your input but i think i am going to be joing the blackberry family the only app's i really need is paypal and instagram and kik but i seen that i could slideload them
    R Field and baldanders like this.
    04-17-13 01:36 AM
    You can side load Kik! It's way better than the instagram side load

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:14 AM
    My wife shifted from iPhone4 to BlackBerry Z10. The following are her frustrations
    1. She needs viber
    2. Tango
    3. Keyboard.

I mentioned about keyboard is because English is not our native language. Our language is not supported so we stick to English input. She was very impatient and always blamed me for buying her the phone. So i simply disabled the auto correction. Now she cannot take advantage of the power of Z10 keyboard. But at least it doesn't type English when she texts in non English. Another issue with this is the device learns my native language and mix it with English. Later when I type in English it puts some of my native language words.

But she's fine now. The ease of use vs apps is the win part for her. She kept her iPhone 4 for facetime with her family and skype/viber/tango to chat with non iPhone users. She is very happy because of flash as she can watch our local to series online. No hassle! The browser of BlackBerry 10 is the best out there.

Now she is more frustrated in using her iPhone. She swipes up nothing happens. She swipes left when erasing a typed word nothing happens. She swipes to the right to go to previous page nothing happens. Lol!

About paypal, I can use all available paypal features on my z10. It's because the browser takes care of it.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:33 AM
    Sorry but changing from a iPhone because everyone and their grandmother has one is a poor excuse to change. Go and get a Z10 when your contract is up but do not sell your iPhone. You have a grace period where you can return your Z10 if you do not like. I get bored with iOS but as a iPad and iPod user the iPhone 5 is hard to leave. I tried the Z10 but migrated back.

One thing that Blackberry could have done that would make many happy is provide a Desktop manager that would move your data from your iPhone to the Z10 but they did not feel there was a need! LOL!

Try it and best of luck.
    04-17-13 06:34 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000198.png 
Views:	883 
Size:	327.5 KB 
ID:	151987

Shazam and a few of those others aren't there yet but what you don't have just yet in apps the z10 more than makes up for in features. Check out the side load forum to see what apps are available. The YouTube is the mobile app baked in. Coming from an iphone device once you learn the simple gestures the transition is easy. Hope that helps.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    The YouTube app is merely a web launcher.

Like iOS, you can save links to sites on your homescreen(s) for that appy feeling.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:18 AM
    Hey everyone! I was a previous blackberry user for about 2-3 years before i switched to iphone. I currently have an iphone 5, but im getting bored with the simplicity of the iphone (sounds weird i know) and i would really love to switch to BB again. Although im having a hard time deciding on what to do. Should i switch to the z10 or stay with iphone? Just looking for some stories of people switching from iphone 5 to z10. Thanks!
    04-25-13 04:55 PM
    Those that I know who switched from iPhone5 to z10 did it because of the phone size. Yes that's their main reason and to me it sounds a bit weird. They didn't care about multitasking because they were never used it anyway (multitasking has been there since the old BBOS).

I don't really know what's so special about the z10 size coz I never had an iPhone 5. It just, it just works for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 01:05 AM