This may sound silly but I think that the G4 just may help the Z10's sales. After looking at the G4's release, I think that it is just overkill for someone wanting a great solid "Git er Done" phone. Just the shear size of it is too much for me. How would you comfortably carry that thing. It is like talking with a flat screen TV strapped to your head. With all of the specialized added software, it is no longer a communication tool but a laptop in your pocket. For me, the size and function of the Z10 are way more to my liking. Seems that the G4 as nice as it is about a Life Phone and not a working communication device. Oh well just my humble rant. Ordering my Z10 now!
    TrueKulcha and hockey1299 like this.
    03-14-13 07:37 PM
    I think as more HTML 5 applications gain acceptance by users the need for higher performance, bigger devices will be seen as unnecessary. In my experience and opinion the combination of BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry PlayBook can become the perfect mobile computing solution with a docking station in the home, office, or school and on the go a physical keyboard for the tablet. The size of the tablet and smartphone from BlackBerry is already at the outer limit from a usability perspective. BlackBerry needs to market the synergy to demonstrate that the Samsung S IV is not on the same level as the BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-14-13 07:56 PM
    I agree, it's getting to a ridiculous 'gimmick' phase these days... Seems every cellular provider needs to launch a new WTF or WOW factor to their phone... And my guess is that it's getting kinda 'tired' with consumers...

I guess I'm part of the minority that doesn't believe that the Samsung GS4 is going to kill Blackberry. NOR will the iPhone 5S, whenever it launches... Different markets. BB10 is a hit, the Z10 is selling well, and when the Q10 launches Blackberry will do even better.

Everyone predicted the death of RIM in 2012. WELL, it's 2013, and they're doing better than anyone predicted. And growing.

Blackberry is back. BB haters can suck it. =)
    meltbox360 likes this.
    03-14-13 08:12 PM
    These larger and larger android phones are making it possible to put higher and higher specs inside the additional space. Something needed for these android phones too compete with each other. Which is getting very heated these days.

I'm confident the larger phones will not remain as popular. And mainstream users will not adapt to it and will eventually turn back to practical sizes once they realize they made a mistake or have there next chance at upgrading.

This will be a huge problem since they can't pack there high end specs into a smaller device. They will be forced to take a huge step back, which the average consumer won't understand and the phones will have to be sold for cheap.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dannyd86; 03-14-13 at 08:29 PM.
    03-14-13 08:17 PM
    The name will have more effect than the phone itself. Z10 will do well against it
    03-14-13 08:24 PM
    Practicality is a big thing. A lot of people won't buy big phones because they aren't practical in real world situations. The galaxy note ii is just uncomfortable to make long calls on. And I can see this been the same. Gimicks only work so far.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:27 PM
    Samsung devices are alright, but I've always felt they are too big and feel poorly built. There are too many gimmicks here. They are trying to attract customers with flash and bling...BB attracts customers with usability and quality construction.
    03-14-13 08:28 PM
    These larger and larger android phones are making it possible to put higher and higher specs inside the additional space. Something needed for these android phones too compete with each other. Which is getting very heated these days. HTC one, LG Optimus G and now Galaxy s4. This stiff competition is also good for blackberry. Let then fight it out.

I'm confident the larger phones will not remain as popular. And mainstream users will not adapt to it and will eventually turn back to practical sizes once they realize they made a mistake or have there next chance at upgrading.

This will be a huge problem since they can't pack there high end specs into a smaller device. They will be forced to take a huge step back, which the average consumer won't understand and the phones will have to be sold for cheap.
    Posted via CB10
    Totally agree, the specs and 'phablet' phase is ending... It's beyond ridiculous. This is the zenith of that period with this latest stupid Gimmick launch... Good God, what a spectacle.... At the very least they could have offered "Key Lime Pie" but no, we get Eye Browsing... But wait, it's not quite what was rumoured.... YAWN. Not an Android hater, but yeah, this was a massive fail on Samsung's part.

The Samsung GS4 launch feels eerily similar to the iOS 6 disaster.... And NO, I'm not just saying that because I'm pro BB Z10....
    03-14-13 08:31 PM
    Not long time ago, here in CrackBerry world, the idea of a mobile phone without physical keyboard is ridiculous... now, we are loving our Z10...

"Weirdness" is totally depends on which world you were in... If you will go to the Galaxy world, everyone loves big screen that it don't bother to them using headphone or blutooth headphone when making calls... and most of these Galaxy beings are no longer using their "phablet" for normal calling... mostly are video calls, internet surfing, ebook reading and other multimedia purposes such as watching movies... which whether we accept it or not, "bigger screen" has advantages...

Posted via Z10
    03-14-13 08:54 PM
    Not long time ago, here in CrackBerry world, the idea of a mobile phone without physical keyboard is ridiculous... now, we are loving our Z10...
    Our original aversion to virtual keyboards was justified based solely on usability factors. Even the virtual keyboard of the BlackBerry PlayBook fails in comparison to that of the BlackBerry Z10. I still miss the physical keyboard but the BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard and a screen designed to handle more than text-only email has made the transition less traumatic.
    03-15-13 10:36 AM
    Just the shear size of it is too much for me. How would you comfortably carry that thing. It is like talking with a flat screen TV strapped to your head.
    Here's the funny thing about your claim:

1. The Samsung device is almost the same size as the Z10 (1/4" taller)
    2. The Samsung device is thinner than the Z10
    3. The Samsung device is lighter than the Z10

Dimensions (HxWxD)

• Samsung Galaxy S IV: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm
    • Blackberry Z10: 130 x 65.6 x 9 mm

So while I agree with you that "phablets" like the Galaxy Note and so on are kind of absurdly large, the SGS4 is not.

I'm not saying I would buy it rather than a Z10 because I certainly would not, for a variety of reasons. But the reasons are not because of the size of it.
    03-15-13 09:34 PM