It's the SIM card. I am on AT&T. I owe the discovery to Be buzz Pro. Every time I had a random reboot, it said two of my contacts were unknown --two that just happened to be stored on my SIM card. Now what do we do?

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    05-28-13 07:02 AM
    check out http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eryone-801750/ please before creating ANOTHER thread about this issue...
    saint613 likes this.
    05-28-13 07:09 AM
    have you tried to delete them? I was having the reboot issues on my VZW but since last leaked OS no reboots.
    05-28-13 07:09 AM
    You could ask AT&T to replace the SIM. For whatever this is worth to you; I have been using my Z10 (originally bought in Canada and unlocked by the Canadian carrier) on AT&T for about 6 weeks with no issues. (T-Mobile for about 13 weeks before that). My lady friend (Z10 bought as a factory unlocked model from a private party in New York state) just moved from T-Mobile (she was on T-Mo for 7 weeks) to AT&T about 5 days ago. Again, no restarts ever.

So the point is, it is possible to get an AT&T SIM that does not cause restarts.
    05-28-13 07:10 AM
    have you tried to delete them? I was having the reboot issues on my VZW but since last leaked OS no reboots.
    Which OS are you on now?

I'm on 2009 and still have reboots. (not to often)

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:35 AM
    Which OS are you on now?

I'm on 2009 and still have reboots. (not to often)

Posted via CB10
    I have only had random reboots for the first 4 or 5 days on a new OS. The last time I updated to a leak before this time, I had reboots for a few days, then never again...until I upgraded to 2009, where I have had reboots in the middle of the night 3 nights in a row.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:50 AM
    Replace the Micro SIMM. If you go to an AT&T store they should be able to replace your SIMM.
    05-28-13 07:57 AM
    It's the SIM card. I am on AT&T. I owe the discovery to Be buzz Pro. Every time I had a random reboot, it said two of my contacts were unknown --two that just happened to be stored on my SIM card. Now what do we do?

Posted via CB10
    I've done extensive testing, as my Z10 only reboots when charging and has reached 100% (or close to it). I'm still working through test cases, but I'm fairly confident that it is charger/battery related and possibly even heat related. My Verizon Z10 even reboots when the device is powered off. This is a dead giveaway that it isn't network related.
    BB_Junky likes this.
    05-28-13 08:11 AM
    I'm in Austria and also having the reboot issue.
    Also switched the SIMcard 2 times and tested with cards from friends, no change.
    Therefore or I don't believe the card is the problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:31 AM
    Plenty of people have reported the rebooting issue without a sim card.
    05-28-13 08:40 AM
    I've done extensive testing, as my Z10 only reboots when charging and has reached 100% (or close to it). I'm still working through test cases, but I'm fairly confident that it is charger/battery related and possibly even heat related. My Verizon Z10 even reboots when the device is powered off. This is a dead giveaway that it isn't network related.
    Not to rain on your theory, but mine rebooted at least once overnight with the power around 55% and not plugged in to a charger. No apps were running except hub++.
    05-28-13 09:18 AM
    this also doesnt explain the rebooting for the people with Verizon

Verizon doesnt use sim cards
    05-28-13 09:22 AM

huh? all 4g verizon phones have sim cards.
    05-28-13 09:50 AM
    I don't think it's the SIM card. I'm on AT&T and got a new SIM card for my second Z10 (first one was replaced because of rebooting) and it didn't fix the problem. Mine still reboots at least 4-5 times per day.
    05-28-13 09:53 AM
    Back to the drawing board.
    05-28-13 09:56 AM
    I have never had any problems with reboot issues on my z10. USA tmobile with a new sim card. Had it now for two months. Maybe this is the reason for the delay of the q10 in the US? Better carrier testing?
    05-28-13 09:57 AM
    Mine started to reboot two weeks ago under similar conditions (~90% charge, ~70 minutes on charger at night, 10.1.0.273). I had other reboots but not with a cause that I could identify.

For the last two nights, I have turned off WiFi at night and it did not reboot. My hypothesis is that there is something about my wifi that the phone does not like. For reference, my router is a 2-wire 3800HGV which is capable of 2.4GHz 802.11b/g.
    05-28-13 10:09 AM
    Have Verizon with a simm card. I took my simm out for a day to see if the reboots would stop, they did not. But maybe it is not just one thing that makes the phone hiccup... also could be why it is taking sooo inexcusably long to fix

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:39 AM
    In this case try to
    -reseat/shim the battery
    -disallow gesture when locked
    -erase any Android porting app

I used to have at least 1 reboot per day for 2 months now it's 8 days I don't know what a reboot is anymore
    I didn't change the sim card at all

I dont' know which of the one was the solution but the mix of the three made my achievement
    05-28-13 10:58 AM

All Verizon devices use SIM cards. Have since 4G launched.
    05-28-13 11:05 AM
    Because we are all on ATT and have contacts on our SIM.
    05-28-13 11:11 AM
    Not to rain on your theory, but mine rebooted at least once overnight with the power around 55% and not plugged in to a charger. No apps were running except hub++.
    Perhaps, but does it reboot on a charger? My point being that it can not be isolated to some belief/theory that it is network related.

The charger supplied with with the Z10 is 1.8ah, the battery is 1800mah(1.8ah), therefore the charging rate is 1C. The battery industry (and good electrical engineering principals) recommends a charging rate of between C/2 and 1C for stage 1 charging of Li-ion. A charger needs a good current limiter because Li-Ion cannot absorb overcharge. A continuous trickle charge would cause plating, and this could compromise safety. In other words, it is a clean technology meaning it can only absorb what is needed and anything else will stress the chemistry. A portable device li-ion battery is best charged in a powered off because it allows the device to reach the desired voltage in an unhindered situation. When a device is powered on, it can sometimes confuse the charger because the device is drawing current. In this case the battery could be fully charged but the parasitic load causes it to think otherwise.

Aside from all the electrical principals, I've done isolated tests with charging rates between C/5 and 1.5C (360mAh - 2700mAh), 5V and without a doubt higher charge rates definitely cause more frequent reboots.
    All tests were performed with the device OFF. What is still in question, what is going on that takes the device in an off state and cause it to reboot. The presumption is that the device does not have any current draw in an off state, but my suspicions are beginning to think otherwise and a simple test to see if their is current draw in an off state will be something I do at another time. For me, I just don't fully charge my battery and I've never had a problem since. In fact, this is the best way to work with Li-Ion technology in the first place.

For all you techie people here is a great read on li-ion and plating here
    Last edited by McCorp; 05-28-13 at 12:13 PM.
    05-28-13 12:02 PM
    In the weeds. Check your memory usage. You people ever hear of Occam's Razor?
    05-28-13 12:34 PM

My Verizon has one.

Tim

Posted using a Z10
    05-28-13 12:40 PM
    See my Random Reboot Survival Guide thread. I found a winning formula for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 12:02 PM
48 12