OK, maybe there is a solution here - or maybe it's a sensitivity bug but it is slowly getting problematic...

When I holster my Z10 I end up making accidental calls - in fact, just this morning I managed to do so without even knowing how. (I'm not sure whether my phone was unlocked... - nor where it got the number from as it was neither the lady call northern last SMS...)
    However in most cases I have used the phone, want to place it in my holster and make a phone call to generally the last called number in the process.

Looking the handset via the top bottom in advance helps - but one has to remember this.

Interestingly it wasn't an issue I had from the start - it only happened with either 10.1 or even the leaked 10.2 (around late spring, summer) - 10.0 itself was fine.

So, I wonder, what can I do to effectively avoid accidental calls.
    The top button is an option - but not reliable enough as can easily forget it.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 01:04 AM
    I have had TERRIBLE problems with sensitivity and the phone calling people. In fact, one accident coat me a friend! I was sick over it all. I never bother to lock the KB with the top button. Now I do even if I am just picking it up off my desk. Use the top button. Maybe it will stop the the unwanted dialing OUT.

The sensitivity is awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel your pain!
    01-31-14 07:36 AM
    I have had TERRIBLE problems with sensitivity and the phone calling people. In fact, one accident coat me a friend! I was sick over it all. I never bother to lock the KB with the top button. Now I do even if I am just picking it up off my desk. Use the top button. Maybe it will stop the the unwanted dialing OUT.

The sensitivity is awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel your pain!
    Ouch sorry to hear that. Thankfully it hasn't caused any severe problems yet, but just the potential is a worry...

Having said that, it wasn't that bad on 10.0 - and i think it only became a problem since the 10.2 leak, but it might have happened with 10.1 too and I just don't remember it any more.
    Still, there must be something that can be done...
    (Software wise - given the swiping areas were tweaked for example. )

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 11:21 AM
    Go to your Phone app to open Settings then press on Holster. Switch on the End Call by Putting Device Back in Holster. Maybe that'll solve it for you
    DetlevCM likes this.
    02-04-14 08:25 PM
    Go to your Phone app to open Settings then press on Holster. Switch on the End Call by Putting Device Back in Holster. Maybe that'll solve it for you
    Bit of a stupid solution because there shouldn't be a need for that, BUT in the light of anything better right now, possibly the best solution .
    A little settings hack - thanks!

(I never thought of that nor looked at the holster settings.)

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 05:44 AM
    Bit of a stupid solution because there shouldn't be a need for that, BUT in the light of anything better right now, possibly the best solution .
    A little settings hack - thanks!

(I never thought of that nor looked at the holster settings.)

Posted via CB10

Actually, I don't think it's stupid....another thing I forgot the phone could do.

I use a holster 99.9% of the time only time its not in one is when it's charging, so for me this is a great redundancy!!
    Should I forget

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    02-05-14 06:04 AM
    Actually, I don't think it's stupid....another thing I forgot the phone could do.

I use a holster 99.9% of the time only time its not in one is when it's charging, so for me this is a great redundancy!!
    Should I forget

Well, it's fixing a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place .
    It never happened to me on the Bold 9900 or the Pearl 8120.

I also don't remember this happening on OS 10.0 - it strayed with either 10.1 or 10.2 - I'd haphazard a guess that it was only with the 10.2 leak that it started.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:10 AM
    I think for me it has happened occasionally from my speed dial list and my finger accidentally presses one of them, if you look at picture it's quite easy to do I guess
    I really like my Z10 - but accidental calls when holstering (since 10.1/10.2)-img_20140205_084514.png

02-05-14 07:46 AM
    I don't get it, how is this happening I have never had the phone do anything out of my sight. Are you saying it swipes up and unlocks the screen as you slide it into the holster?

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-05-14 08:07 AM
    For me, I may have just finished a call and putting it away and press a speed dial?

02-05-14 08:14 AM
    I think for me it has happened occasionally from my speed dial list and my finger accidentally presses one of them, if you look at picture it's quite easy to do I guess
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140205_084514.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	341.1 KB 
ID:	245092

I don't know where it comes from - it isn't speed dial. (My speed dial is empty except for voice mail which is standard)
    The person hit the most with it was my mother - which would speak for the last call.
    BUT when I posed this I had an early morning call with a colleague whom I had NOT called before(just SMS the day before).
    I.e. I have zero idea how that could have happened...

I suspected my hand touching the screen being an issue - but my Z10 called someone not called before...
    It would have had to pick the hub, scroll down then select the SMS and call that... it makes no sense...

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 09:51 AM
    I don't get it, how is this happening I have never had the phone do anything out of my sight. Are you saying it swipes up and unlocks the screen as you slide it into the holster?

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    It happens during the process of holstering the phone - i.e. pushing it into the holster without locking the screen with the top button beforehand.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 09:52 AM