I agree 1,000,000%. Even on my LCD TV at home, I calibrated it. It didn't need much because it's a very good JVC.

I've calibrated Sharp, Sony and Toshiba for my friends and they all noticed a difference and prefer the realistic picture versus exaggerated colors and brightness.

The problem is, the masses don't know and don't care.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 01:01 PM
    You have proven my point that a Lambo in the city is a bit of a waste. That the enjoyment comes on the highway, perhaps, but unless you are driving in Germany on the autobahn you still can't take advantage of the power because of the speed limit. Must be frustrating, No?

I agree that I shouldn't have used the word "idiots", unless they are the ones blowing by well above the speed limit.

I used to work for Porsche AG, a lot of customer bought cars beyond their abilities and needs, including my father who doesn't get his Boxter out of second gear because he only drives locally. Most, eventually sell them because they have a second more useful utilitarian vehicle that they need as use as opposed to the Porche they simply want.

But to your point, there is good money in selling people what they want instead of what they need. Ever wonder why people complain about $5 for a gallon of milk for their kids yet spend $12 for a beer at a hockey or baseball game without a thought.

BlackBerry is a ogical and useful and it fills a need but iphones and Samsungs are what people want to belong.

Posted via CB10
    No one actually "NEEDS" anything more than a Prius (or a small minivan if they have a big family). It's not about needs for those who can afford what they "want"...it's about wants, and ONLY about that. I have not proven your point, not at all. No one needs a car in the city that does more than 35 miles an hour, so if those who live in urban areas buy supercars are "idiots" for having them, we should all, and I mean all be driving fart cars and crap vans. It could be like living in the east somewhere, like India perhaps. Maybe that works for you, but not for me. I "want" a Lambo; I don't need one. Giving living in the city - I can assure you I'll use it, not to it's full extent in the city, but last time I checked, there are plenty of highways around and outside of the city. People that buy these cars don't generally drive them at the 200+ MPH speeds they are designed to go to, and you can't drive your car at top speed either in the city...so, you and everyone you know would fall into the category of people you called out above - because you don't need a car that does 100 MPH or even close, if you live in the city.

For me, BB's are a product for "needs". not just wants. I need it for higher productivity levels, period, the end.

And no, it's not in the least bit frustrating for me having GT and being in the city. I have better things to do than go all out speeds in it anywhere I may go. Again; a poor analogy.
    09-03-13 04:16 PM
    Z10 is way more stable, smooth and secure.

I can trust BlackBerry more than android. Period.

- aBBuser
    +1 +1

I feel way safer with my z10.
    I really hate whatsapp as well.
    09-03-13 06:23 PM
    Well let's see what Samsung does with nexus OS on it as it's rumored they will be out with it soon enough.

HTC One has no stutter, no freeze ups and so forth... why is that???? Same OS, little slower processor, same Memory.... so what has Samsung done different to still have this stuttering and freeze ups?

I had a s3 look at my signature, sold that garage for my z10.

Posted via CB10
    Because they aren't the same exact OS. HTC has their sense OS built into the phone very fluid and uses the phone specs perfectly. Samsung uses theit touchwiz OS ontop of android and it still doesn't have all the kinks out of it yet. Specs don't matter really now days the phones are going to be superfast, IF the OS is made good enough to support the high end specs of the phone

From Q10/HTC One aka Batman & Robin
    09-03-13 06:46 PM
    Namely Samsung Galaxy S4. I put my phone next to the samsung and I run Flipboard on both phones. ( I couldn't get any other app to test as i could not download any due to password for Google app store). Anyways i was surprised that sideloaded app on my Z10 was just as fast as on S4. Both phones loaded pages with pictures at the same speed. Sometimes my z10 was actually a bit faster. This is surprising given that my phone ws running on lte and samsung on wifi.

Having said that I have to say it. I am not surprised blackberry is having hard time selling z10. Side by side z10 screen looks really bad compared to s4. S4 screen is just gorgeous. Vibrant, deep colors vs washed darker screen of z10. Seriously z10 screen looks extra cheap. More like budget phone not flagship blackberry product.

I just hope that blackberry executives will come to their senses and don't go cheap on z30. This phone needs s4 type od screen.

This phone can be success as 5" screen is just perfect size. But it needs to look gorgeous. This plus 10.2 with tons of new, fast running Android apps could be a success.

Sent from Tapatalk using BlackBerry Z10
    did you try both phones in the sun? Z10 you can still see well

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    09-03-13 06:53 PM
    Your analogy is flawed. I live around Montreal and have a few supercars along the lines of Lambo's (had those too). Same like NY or To, you simply exit the city and enjoy the cars on back roads and highways, where they are meant to be driven (if not on the track). If everyone thought the way you do, there would be no market for supercars / superbikes, as most who own them do in fact live in large urban areas. Referring to people who live in To or NY and own them, as "idiots", is more a lack of understanding as to why we own and drive them. Perhaps you don't own a Lambo or some other supercar, but to describe someone like me as an "id!ot", is just plain callow.

That said, I actually prefer my Z10 over droid and IOS, and, the Z10 fits perfectly in the dash cavity of my Ford GT, whereas the S4 does not - and given that there is literally zero space for it anywhere else, it's not even a contentious issue for me.
    this person has taste

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 06:57 PM
    this person has taste

Posted via CB10
    And lots of money apparently

From Q10/HTC One aka Batman & Robin
    09-03-13 08:54 PM
    How is it "obviously" the design of the Z10 that is keeping it from selling?

I'd blame the lack of apps and marketing way before I'd blame the design of the phone. The apps and marketing can all be fixed, the design of the phone can't be. The design of the phone isn't pushing the limit of anything. It's safe.

And it's safe from being covered in that metallic, glittery paint that Samsung loves to coat its phones in.

Posted via CB10

Apps and no good marketing are definitely big part of the problem but having so so specs is not helping either. BlackBerry needs super phone.

Sorry, but Android is laggy by nature. To be more specific: the scrolling is. Laggy scrolling on Android is caused by the way Android is implemented and they can't change it completely in order not to break the framework for the apps.
    Android will always be one step behind iOS and BB OS 10 - concerning scrolling smoothness.
    Just recently (yesterday) I had the pleasure to compare Z10 scrolling to an Android device's once more (it was a Galaxy S2, latest 2013 edition) and hell yeah it IS much less fluent than on Z10. It still is a good device though, and people who have only used Android so far mainly won't have any problems with scrolling performance on their Android phones. But for those who want more there is iOS and now also BB OS 10.
    Scrolling is jerky on android devices. Even on high end tablets like 2013 Nexus 7

BlackBerry 10 is definitely more stable and better all around os than Android.

Android tends to really sloooooow down over time. Just read posts about last year nexus 7 going from the best android tablet to the sloooowest tablet.

I've had nexus 7 2013 for over a week and I cannot say that I was blown away with performance. Android needs a lot of resources to run well and it sees that all
    these life wallpapers widgets etc affect android tablet performance.

My question is,how hard is it to side load an app? I had a HTC one vx and I love Flipboard and would love it on my Z10!

Posted via CB10
    Sideloading is easy but you might not need to do it. Flipboard has been released for blackberry

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/34960888

I think it is been released to early. Those with 10.2 can download it and run it

And there is one of the strengths of Android. If you don't like the stock keyboard, you have Swype, Swiftkey, Google KB, Touchpal, AI Keyboard, Thumb Keyboard....etc...etc. You can tell the OS to make any of these your default and if rooted you can even remove the stock keyboard completely.
    BlackBerry keyboard is superior to all of them.

Sent from Tapatalk using BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by bitek; 09-04-13 at 06:30 AM.
    09-04-13 04:00 AM
    Scrolling is jerky on android devices. Even on high end tablets like 2013 Nexus 7
    I keep seeing this claim, but I'm not seeing it on my S4, except in one app, which is Tapatalk. For whatever reason, there is the occasional scrolling hiccup in Tapatalk. I've yet to see it in the browser, RSS reader, or other apps where I might do a lot of scrolling.

I've had nexus 7 2013 for over a week and I cannot say that I was blown away with performance. Android needs a lot of resources to run well and it sees that all
    these life wallpapers widgets etc affect android tablet performance.
    Not everybody uses live wallpapers, but in any case their main impact is on battery life, especially if you spend much time staring at them and playing with the ripple effects. When the live wallpaper isn't actually onscreen, it's dormant, not using CPU time and therefore not affecting performance any more than any other inactive app. As for widgets, I read the results of a survey some time ago that showed that the majority of Android users only have one or two widgets anyway. Typically, they have a weather widget and/or clock widget and that's about it. Not all widgets are "live", i.e., updating. Many are just glorified icons, like flashlight widgets etc. In short, I think the alleged degradation of Android performance due to widgets is overstated. Sometimes the display models in stores are loaded with a lot of fancy widgets, to impress customers, but apparently that isn't typical of how most people actually use their Android phones.

One area where Android performance may suffer is apps that are very active in the background. Some are; some aren't, and you don't know before installing an app how it's going to behave. This, incidentally, was true in BBOS 7 too. When we get headless apps in BB10, the possibility for abuse will exist. I don't know if BlackBerry has figured out a way to police this; I hope so. Ideally, any headless app will have to offer the user control over how it behaves in the background (frequency of updates, etc.).

There's an Android app called "Greenify" that lets the user put any app into hibernation when it's not actually in use. This app only exists because there are enough apps out there that make it desirable to have.

BlackBerry keyboard is superior to all of them.
    I don't agree, for reasons discussed at length in this thread. It's arguably the best for tap-typing, but tap-typing isn't the only way to use a keyboard.
    09-04-13 10:27 AM
    My friend own a S4. Although I must admit the phone is really beautiful, I wouldn't change it for my z10 and the answer is simple: Z10 is much easier to handle. Specially the messages and notifications stuff. That's my opinion of course.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 11:33 AM
    Has galaxy s4 please over saturated

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 11:35 AM
111 ... 345