I am using BlackBerry Z10 and my carrier is Warid in Pakistan and they are charging me PKR 1000 for BIS while there Edge package is of PKR 500 and I was told that my apps won't work properly if I don't activate BIS. So if I am paying this amount don't we deserve a personal email like [email protected] or something similar and online cloud storage?

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    04-26-15 07:52 AM
    10 series phones, like the Z10, will NOT work on BIS. Period. 10 series phones run on standard data networks like any other. Sounds like they owe you a refund.
    04-26-15 08:25 AM
    Bhai blackberry 10 se phle wale softwares k lie blackberry services ki zrurt thi ab nai hai WiFi pr wo har chez chlti hai jo phle wale softwares pr services se chlti thi so aap ye 1000 na den r 500 wala hi krwa len sai rhe ga men ufone use kr rha hn r package hai monthly

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:32 AM
    BIS is not required for BB10, it's up to the carrier to make it mandatory.

They could be enforcing it because they want to deepen their pockets, or because they are misinformed.

Disregard whatever your rep says and remove it from your contract, if your phone keeps working just fine, then good; if not, then they are actually trying to make easy money, in which case, consider swapping to a less scummy carrier.
    04-26-15 08:39 AM
    10 series phones, like the Z10, will NOT work on BIS. Period. 10 series phones run on standard data networks like any other. Sounds like they owe you a refund.
    Thanks for your reply and yes I will spoke to them tomorrow

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    04-26-15 10:51 AM
    Bhai blackberry 10 se phle wale softwares k lie blackberry services ki zrurt thi ab nai hai WiFi pr wo har chez chlti hai jo phle wale softwares pr services se chlti thi so aap ye 1000 na den r 500 wala hi krwa len sai rhe ga men ufone use kr rha hn r package hai monthly

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Bhai aur mai kal he warid se kehta hon k bhai lootna choro aur band karo services

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    04-26-15 10:53 AM
    Would it make any difference if I use normal Internet services in terms of battery or is there any chance if my device heating issue will end up. Secondly I spoke to rep again and he told me that we can't guarantee if my device will work properly without BIS.

Is there any difference between BIS and normal Internet serviced?

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    04-26-15 11:12 AM
    I recently moved to Pakistan. I want to know which sim should I get. I've a BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1. I'm in Rawalpindi / Islamabad area.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 11:14 AM
    I recently moved to Pakistan. I want to know which sim should I get. I've a BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1. I'm in Rawalpindi / Islamabad area.

Posted via CB10
    It depends on your area and where do u move normally. Warid and Mobilink are best options.

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    rizdragon likes this.
    04-26-15 11:46 AM
    Would it make any difference if I use normal Internet services in terms of battery or is there any chance if my device heating issue will end up. Secondly I spoke to rep again and he told me that we can't guarantee if my device will work properly without BIS.

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    There is a difference and in hindsight BlackBerry would be much better off financially if they didn't get rid of BIS with BB10. The Z10, Z3, Z30, Q5, Q10, Leap, Classic, Passport, and any new devices I missed do NOT use BIS. You should not be paying for BIS on any of these devices. Your device will work as it does already without BIS because it does not use BIS.

As for the battery, nothing will change. You are being charged for something your device does not use.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 12:09 AM

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    Initially, I used BIS for apps and emails delivery till the year 2013 but, with the arrival of BlackBerry10 OS devices, I finally got rid of expensive yet limited BIS and moved to normal GPRS Package on Warid Tel. Everything worked the same as it should've been. Don't worry about battery drainage or heating etc. Nothing extraordinary will happen. So, like everyone else here, I'll suggest not to pay for BIS anymore, the company rep's use these vague statements, it's their marketing strategy, nothing else.
    Now, I've recently ported my connection to UFONE and subscribed 3G services - which is kinda great experience on BlackBerry Z10.

Posted via 'The Mighty  BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2'
    04-27-15 01:14 AM
    Initially, I used BIS for apps and emails delivery till the year 2013 but, with the arrival of BlackBerry10 OS devices, I finally got rid of expensive yet limited BIS and moved to normal GPRS Package on Warid Tel. Everything worked the same as it should've been. Don't worry about battery drainage or heating etc. Nothing extraordinary will happen. So, like everyone else here, I'll suggest not to pay for BIS anymore, the company rep's use these vague statements, it's their marketing strategy, nothing else.
    Now, I've recently ported my connection to UFONE and subscribed 3G services - which is kinda great experience on BlackBerry Z10.

Posted via 'The Mighty  BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2'
    Thank u Rana and I have already asked Warid to stop my BlackBerry services and activate Internet package.

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    04-27-15 04:54 AM
    There is a difference and in hindsight BlackBerry would be much better off financially if they didn't get rid of BIS with BB10. The Z10, Z3, Z30, Q5, Q10, Leap, Classic, Passport, and any new devices I missed do NOT use BIS. You should not be paying for BIS on any of these devices. Your device will work as it does already without BIS because it does not use BIS.

As for the battery, nothing will change. You are being charged for something your device does not use.

Posted via CB10
    That may all be true, but in the major markets it wasn't BlackBerry's choice to get rid of BIS. When they gave our the Dev Apla A they clearly said that it would not need a BlackBerry plan by the released devices would. Before the Z10 was released that changed to carriers' choice.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    04-27-15 06:28 AM
    That may all be true, but in the major markets it wasn't BlackBerry's choice to get rid of BIS. When they gave our the Dev Apla A they clearly said that it would not need a BlackBerry plan by the released devices would. Before the Z10 was released that changed to carriers' choice.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    I agree with you. TH thought the Z10 then Q10 would sell "tens of millions" and whatnot initially with the focus on consumers especially with the Z10 initially being pretty much seen as a direct iPhone competitor, whereas right now I know in reality of course Apple, Samsung, and the rest do compete with BlackBerry, but BlackBerry has had to adopt a new strategy. Hopefully handsets will make it long-term, they aren't going anywhere for a bit unless/until Chen ramps up the software revs. I tend to think if Chen with his team were behind the wheel of BlackBerry prior to the BB10 launch that things may have played out much differently but who knows. Again, hindsight... just glad that we have what we have now! Also know that not having BIS was an extra selling point for the carriers with BB10, but they sure didn't seem to help much anyway. I do feel 10.0 was very unpolished... I could go on and on though and don't wanna highjack the thread lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:00 AM
    Khizer Bhai don't believe what they say. I am also on warid. Just tell them that you are getting a Samsung Galaxy or any other device so don't need BIS anymore. After they switch you on regular tariff, start using your Z10 with ease. Mobile carriers in Pakistan don't know yet that BIS is not needed for BB10 devices or they are trying to hide it from loyal customers for extra cash.
    goodayeh likes this.
    04-27-15 07:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Is je toetsenbord defect of vind je het volkomen normaal en fatsoenlijk om op een openbaar forum alle andere deelnemers buiten te sluiten door in je eigen taal te antwoorden....?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:55 AM
    Something else to ponder: If your Z10 were really running on BIS, it would not function correctly. So, what's happening here is they are just charging you. For nothing.
    04-27-15 12:41 PM