Hey all,

I got used Z10 for good price yesterday (condition - perfect with screen prot.,case, full package,etc..)
    This is my first Blackberry and I LOVE IT

but...

When will Blackberry relase a new update to fix battery drain? (10.2.1.1925 OS)
    (P.s I don't want to load leaked OSs, I have never done something like that and I don't want to damage something..)

I have deleted all social applications, mails, contacts, etc.. and I have used phone until shuting down (0% battery).
    Phone is on charger right now.. I will give a try with charging it until 100% and use it again.

But if battery start to go down fast again..

What will be your advice to me.. to wait for update or to give back this Z10? There will be new update soon?
    I don't want to go back to Android, I want to stay with Z10 lol But this battery life (8hours with low-medium using) is killing me..

Peace..
    02-03-14 06:08 PM
    Is that your current OS?

How about buying an extended battery or spare OEM one? They are fairly cheap on Amazon.
    02-03-14 06:12 PM
    We just got the new upgrade to 10.2.1.1925. Do you not have that OS on your phone?
    02-03-14 06:13 PM
    We just got the new upgrade to 10.2.1.1925. Do you not have that OS on your phone?
    if you don't then just use sachesi to update to 10.2.1, an official version from any of the carriers that released it, not a leak then...

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 06:16 PM
    In "about" section it says 10.2.1.537 but under Wireless - Diagnostic Information it says OS Version 10.2.1.1925
    Official BB application says that my OS is up to date..

P.s before update battery life was better.
    02-03-14 06:38 PM
    Unfortunately the battery is not very good in the Z10, search the forums for tips to extend the life and then buy a battery charger if required (it comes with an extra battery and is dinky doo).

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 06:38 PM
    Unfortunately the battery is not very good in the Z10, search the forums for tips to extend the life and then buy a battery charger if required (it comes with an extra battery and is dinky doo).

Posted via CB10
    Maybe battery life is bad, but can't be that bad.. 8 hours of low and sometimes medium usage. Thats crazy.

Btw.. I'm living in Europe (Montenegro - one country from former Yugoslavia)..
    Shipping will take 3 to 5 weeks.. (from Ebay) Amazon usually don't have option for shipping here.

and to be honest removing case, battery cover, turning off mobile, removing battery, puting other.. then puting all back and
    turning on, every single day (sometimes twice a day) huh.. that would be annoying.
    02-03-14 07:06 PM
    With the "battery bundle" the extra battery charges in its own container which has a usb cable you can plug into your phone w/o taking it apart.
    02-03-14 08:49 PM
    Check device monitor for the clues what is draining the battery.
    Settings -> App Manager -> Device Monitor
    02-03-14 08:53 PM
    How long ago did you update your os?

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-03-14 09:41 PM
    I use the battery bundle, works great and never have to worry about battery life again.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    02-03-14 09:45 PM
    I need advice for Z10-img_20140203_224546.png

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    02-03-14 09:46 PM
    Hi There is some great advice on how to extend the battery life on the Z10. I'm still waiting for the update here in HK with Smartone/Vodaphone.. 10.2.0.424 at the moment (Wish they would get with the program already) But a couple quick tricks that have work for me are having the brightness on my screen at 50% (Still very bright) Keep the WiFi, NFC, Mobile Hotspot,& Bluetooth off unless needed.Also check your Location services, Traffic Data Collection, & Location-based Ads settings. Also on these forums there are many more tips. These have worked for me and I'm a medium to very heavy user. Hope this helps also if the person you bought the phone from just installed the new OS it will take a few days to settle in and that will help with battery life once it is settles as well. Rocking with my Z10...
    02-03-14 09:59 PM
    And again...how long ago did you update the OS. just from reading the threads around here you will quickly find that the phones takes a few days to settle in...after indexing you should be able to get about 8 hours of heavy use.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-03-14 10:03 PM
    The best way to save battery is by turning off lte unless you are in an area with very good coverage. Turning off WiFi, gps, bluetooth etc is an unacceptable fix today. It's one step short of telling someone to turn their phone off when they aren't using it.
    02-03-14 10:08 PM
    In "about" section it says 10.2.1.537 but under Wireless - Diagnostic Information it says OS Version 10.2.1.1925
    Official BB application says that my OS is up to date..

P.s before update battery life was better.
    Those are the same os - one is is version and the other is the software release. You're on the latest os. What you might want to consider is the second battery charger bundle and /or a wipe and reload of the os

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-03-14 10:16 PM
    Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one. Why would you run things that you are not using? I mean if your not sharing files why would you leave the NFC on same with if your not using the Bluetooth or WiFi or GPS? I turn these on when I'm using them but I don't leave them on just for the sake of having them on. Even friends with iPhones & Android phones do the same. Just my opinion and just like everyone has their opinions and chose things that work best for them. Turning off unused programs in nowhere close to telling some one to turn off their phone when they are not using it. My Z10 is on & rocking 24-7
    Last edited by Jrox74; 02-03-14 at 11:39 PM.
    02-03-14 10:21 PM
    Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one. Why would you run things that you are not using? I mean if your not sharing files why would you leave the NFC on same with if your not using the Bluetooth or WiFi or GPS? I turn these on when I'm using them but I don't leave them on just for the sake of having them on. Even friends with iPhones & Android phones do the same. Just my opinion and just like everyone has their opinions and chose things that work best for them. Turning off unused programs in nowhere close to telling some one to turn off their phone when they are not using it. My Z10 is on & rocking 24-7
    Agreed, even better is to use an app the can turn on and off blue tooth and such depending on your location. Although that leaves you needing to have gps running all the time of course...

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    02-04-14 02:12 AM
    Guys I have removed almost all applications..
    I just turned on WIFI and put phone in idle..

after 20 minutes it drained about ~15%.. LOL. in idle! with Facebook and Email (manual sync).

I will try to give this phone back. This is not usable

I have updated phone 3 days ago.
    02-04-14 05:39 AM
    The amount of juice having your BT or WiFi on, *should* be negligible if the phone knows how to treat it. I haven't turned off WiFi or BT on my androids since my HTC Desire. My past dozen or so have no issues staying on, and my z10 is the same. The biggest change I can make on my z10 to influence battery life is turning off lte.
    02-04-14 05:42 AM
    PIM service is the thing that drains battery crazy.

But without PIM (Facebook,Twitter,Mails) Blackberry is not 'fun'..
    Android notification system on Kitkat works cool with no battery drains.

Is there any announce from Blackberry for this common problem with battery?

Using Facebook from Android Facebook apk without notifications, using mails and twitter from browser makes Z10 boring.

I hope Blackberry will relase new update/fix soon.
    This is so annoying.
    02-04-14 10:41 AM
    I don't have that problem, except the first few hours after updating to 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:10 PM
    Maybe battery life is bad, but can't be that bad.. 8 hours of low and sometimes medium usage. Thats crazy.

Btw.. I'm living in Europe (Montenegro - one country from former Yugoslavia)..
    Shipping will take 3 to 5 weeks.. (from Ebay) Amazon usually don't have option for shipping here.

and to be honest removing case, battery cover, turning off mobile, removing battery, puting other.. then puting all back and
    turning on, every single day (sometimes twice a day) huh.. that would be annoying.
    You get8 whole hours?!? Wow!
    You don't need to turn off the phone to remove the battery.
    Switching batteries isn't really that big of a hassle. It sounds way worse than it is. I just try to plug in when I'm at my desk.
    02-04-14 03:24 PM