After learning here from CB that I could check the last "reboot time" via settings-->hardware,
    I started checking......and logging......it appears that my Z10, as well, is rebooting randomly,
    and more frequently than I would have ever suspected.

Strange thing is, it is happening in such a way that I have never really ever picked up on it.....almost like it's doing it around my schedule.

So, I got it too. Guess I'll call TMo and see what they want to do, or at least log the issue with them.

I must say, it hasn't exactly inconvenienced me as it has others, but, yeah, it's happening with me too.
    At this moment I consider it more of a minor annoyance, or eye brow raising event, rather than a DEFCON 5 disaster.
    04-20-13 10:14 AM
    I still have not logged a reboot (other than intentional) since removing an app that seemed to be causing it. T-Mo also.
    04-20-13 10:55 AM
    I'm sure that by now, BBRY is aware of the rebooting and will be addressed in a future update. I haven't had this happen but I do have to say that I don't have too many apps installed and I have zero Android ports; native only on my phone.
    04-20-13 10:56 AM
    Hmm, mine states a time I rebooted on purpose. But it's a good information to have for debugging.

I'll check it once in a while just in case.
    04-20-13 11:04 AM
    I'm sure that by now, BBRY is aware of the rebooting and will be addressed in a future update. I haven't had this happen but I do have to say that I don't have too many apps installed and I have zero Android ports; native only on my phone.
    Yeah, I have no android apps, and, maybe, 4 apps total...all native.

Not a big app junkie.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:18 AM
    Thanks for the update and sorry it is affecting you as well. BlackBerry level 3 support has told me the reboot issue "should" be fixed with the 10.1 updates.
    04-20-13 11:24 AM
    Thanks for the update and sorry it is affecting you as well. BlackBerry level 3 support has told me the reboot issue "should" be fixed with the 10.1 updates.
    I'm READY... lol

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:40 AM
    Hopefully Verizon will push it out quickly...
    04-20-13 12:01 PM
    I never noticed a reboot but it is rebooting daily now that I'm checking that hardware section...mostly at night when it's on the charger though

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:25 PM
    I never noticed a reboot but it is rebooting daily now that I'm checking that hardware section...mostly at night when it's on the charger though

Posted via CB10
    Right, usually when mine does it.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:35 PM
    I'm READY... lol

Posted via CB10
    Last person I spoke to on Thursday said "2-3 weeks". I'm cautiously optimistic
    04-20-13 12:36 PM
    2-3 weeks for BlackBerry to release it or 2-3 weeks for the carrier to get the OS from BlackBerry and do some fiddling and then release it?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:38 PM
    The way they worded it made it sound like it would be available from the carriers. Kind of makes sense since the Q can't be released without it.
    04-20-13 12:44 PM
    The way they worded it made it sound like it would be available from the carriers. Kind of makes sense since the Q can't be released without it.
    If that's the case, you don't have to be cautiously optimistic, but confident since they have to release it for the Q10 launch

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:55 PM
    Mine says Apr 8.

That's when I yanked the battery for a nefarious purpose.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:05 PM
    I swear mine keeps rebooting but I too thought it was doing it when I wasn't actively using it. I thought it had rebooted about an hour ago ( I was asleep) because Battery Guru closed but when I checked in Settings>Hardware it says when I booted up after I drained the battery. Last night I know it had to have rebooted because for no apparent reason it started getting hot (Battery Guru said over 100F). I finally figured out that the Dropbox sync was trying to do so over carrier network instead of wifi (it isn't set to sync over carrier) and that's what was doing it. I wish there was an actual event log so I can be sure if it had rebooted or not (Battery Guru was closed that time too).
    04-23-13 09:22 AM
    I wonder if this is a combination of hardware defects, when the reboots are in the middle of a call or use and software problems when the reboots are in the middle of the night? The majority of the rebooting phones seem to be in the USA, so may be related to some sort of carrier intelligence software that calls home in the middle of the night and trips the security on the phone and causes the reboot.

When my wife had an iPhone it had some big data use in the 3-4am time range and when I called Bell, they said it was normal and just carrier use data being transferred at a slow time of day. Verizon may be doing something similar, but with a bug in the OS causing a reboot.

If you have detailed billing, look to see if there is any correlation between data use and a reboot.
    04-23-13 09:42 AM
    I wonder if this is a combination of hardware defects, when the reboots are in the middle of a call or use and software problems when the reboots are in the middle of the night? The majority of the rebooting phones seem to be in the USA, so may be related to some sort of carrier intelligence software that calls home in the middle of the night and trips the security on the phone and causes the reboot.

When my wife had an iPhone it had some big data use in the 3-4am time range and when I called Bell, they said it was normal and just carrier use data being transferred at a slow time of day. Verizon may be doing something similar, but with a bug in the OS causing a reboot.
    As long as the security keeps it from sending whatever data it might be sending during the process you suggest. I have turned off data collection to help combat wicked data usage, drain on battery life, etc, perhaps that will help with the possible reboots.
    04-23-13 09:48 AM
    I wish there was an actual event log so I can be sure if it had rebooted or not
    You can count on the boot time under Settings -> Hardware to show that correctly. I'm confident it would not show an earlier boot time, regardless of the reason for the reboot.

If apps are exiting but there's no indication it has rebooted, you could be looking at a memory leak situation with some app... you can see the memory free under the same Settings page. Once it gets down below something like 100MB, the OS would start terminating apps to free up memory.
    04-23-13 05:52 PM
    Oddity today. Had my phone running Waze on the iBolt dock. 2 reboots while on the Beltway(DC area)
    04-27-13 04:30 PM
    Have not had a single reboot once Rogers stl 3 Mexico 6

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 04:45 PM
    I'm pretty sure that the boot time field in the settings app is just the readout from this file on the phone which is created when the phone boots: file:///var/boottime.txt

You can paste that into your Z10's browser and see what I'm talking about.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 05:31 PM