Had a few technical issues with the 2 Z10's that I've owned. So I got an iPhone 4S. I miss the way the Z10 worked. Typing was easier, the Hub was great...
    I've been reading these forums a bunch and I've noticed some people saying that the Z10 is really sensitive to other chargers other than the one that came with the phone.
    Is this normal? I've has one fry a motherboard, and the 2nd one went black after I charged it with a Playbook charger.
    Been toying with the idea of getting a Z10 again.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    02-26-14 07:42 PM
    Love my z10 and the only thing I charge it with is a PlayBook charger and that goes for my wife's and daughter's z10 and my youngest daughter's q5

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 07:50 PM
    I use a variety if PlayBook and blackberry chargers. I haven't had any problems

I've now acquired and given away... wow, 12 phones. None have had an issue and all are still used by their respective owners

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-26-14 08:24 PM
    I've also used various chargers with no problem even an Samsung charger works fine

My amazing BB Z10 - OS 2141 also on my Z30 backed up with my 32g PlayBook in the wings
    02-26-14 08:32 PM
    Their pretty much dirt cheap on ebay...why not get one??

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    02-26-14 10:03 PM
    I also charge with PlayBook chargers and old BlackBerry chargers, and haven't had any problems.
    02-26-14 10:05 PM
    I feel you OP... I started with the Z10 on launch day for tmobile US, loved it but missed some of my go to apps (or thought I did). So I sold it and went back to android, bought a nexus 4, missed my Z so I bought another and sold my Nexus... again I found myself missing some of the Android apps I use for convenience and sold the Z and bought a GS4, immediately hated that thing and sold that for and HTC One which I actually liked but it just didn't handle the everyday things with the grace I now craved from using my Z so I sold that after a few months and got back on a Z. all the while I took some basic dev courses... so when the nexus 5 came out I bought that to have a go at developing and I still have it but after trying to use that as my primary phone for a while it just didn't feel productive.... so long story short here I am loving my Z more every day and back with it. The only phone I'd upgrade to at this point is a new flagship BB10 (wish I could have the z30 here on tmo). That said with 10.2.1 all my android apps are available if need be but I rarely find myself using them...

Posted via CB10
    jcarlos100 and potatoguy like this.
    02-26-14 10:14 PM
    I've used Playbook chargers without an issue. In fact, I have seen recently that the Source in Canada is selling Playbook chargers re-branded as "premium BlackBerry Chargers" for 30.00.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-26-14 10:20 PM
    I feel you OP... I started with the Z10 on launch day for tmobile US, loved it but missed some of my go to apps (or thought I did). So I sold it and went back to android, bought a nexus 4, missed my Z so I bought another and sold my Nexus... again I found myself missing some of the Android apps I use for convenience and sold the Z and bought a GS4, immediately hated that thing and sold that for and HTC One which I actually liked but it just didn't handle the everyday things with the grace I now craved from using my Z so I sold that after a few months and got back on a Z. all the while I took some basic dev courses... so when the nexus 5 came out I bought that to have a go at developing and I still have it but after trying to use that as my primary phone for a while it just didn't feel productive.... so long story short here I am loving my Z more every day and back with it. The only phone I'd upgrade to at this point is a new flagship BB10 (wish I could have the z30 here on tmo). That said with 10.2.1 all my android apps are available if need be but I rarely find myself using them...

Posted via CB10
    Lol great story I actually almost got a nexus 4 but resisted

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 10:43 PM
    My issues are... Random reboots... Are they gone?
    Android apps... Not that I use a lot of apps, but do they still need to be side loaded?
    How do I avoid the Z10 from going from a great device to a brick instantly? I've had 2 do it to me already.
    Once bitten, twice shy.
    Twice bitten.....
    Just wondering if the new updates have solved these issues.

02-26-14 10:54 PM
    I was not using the Z10 when the reboot issues were occurring. So I don't know if there was a problem with that hardware version or if it was the OS. The OS has substantially changed. And now you can directly download/install Android apps either from Amazon or by one sideload of an app called SNAP.
    02-27-14 12:12 AM
    I bought a z10 the day it was launched here in the USA and I had the restart and software issues. I tried the device for a couple of months and ended up back on my iPhone 5.

I moved from a iPhone 5 to a 5s and found that IOS 7 had become stale and boring. Pushing the home button to navigate also had become a pain in the ***.

The one thing I noticed was how I missed the Hub and Peek functions and the flashing LED for notifications. This may not be a big thing for some folks, but I found my productivity had decreased on the IPhone 5.

So, when I heard that the 10.2.1.195 leak was available, I bought an unlocked z30, installed the leak and I am not looking back.

Since getting the z30 I have converted a few folks back to BlackBerry and ended up trading my z30 for a new z10 and some serious cash which I couldn't turn down.

I am now back in the BlackBerry community and I an here for the long haul. I hope they decide to release another high end touch screen device later this year, if not, the z10 has proven it's now my daily driver and I show off its great features to whoever is willing to make a change.

Posted from my z10 on 10.2.1.537
    02-27-14 04:00 AM
    My issues are... Random reboots... Are they gone?
    Android apps... Not that I use a lot of apps, but do they still need to be side loaded?
    How do I avoid the Z10 from going from a great device to a brick instantly? I've had 2 do it to me already.
    Once bitten, twice shy.
    Twice bitten.....
    Just wondering if the new updates have solved these issues.

Installing Android apps is now as easy as doing it from the Play Store. You only need to sideload Snap, which functions as the Play Store. So no more sideloading of apps. The Android support is great now.

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    02-27-14 04:56 AM
    Z10 is like crack, you'll keep coming back and the OS will keep maturing

I really think the reboots are model specific. I have had 12 bb10 devices - 4 in the Z10 category. And none with the reboot issue. I still think it is a bad batch.

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-27-14 08:29 AM
    Z10 is like crack, you'll keep coming back and the OS will keep maturing

Posted via CB from my LE
    You are so right. I really love this phone. It is an all touch but it feels and reminds me of my Bold 9900. Great size, love the LCD display and gorgeous.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    KermEd likes this.
    02-27-14 09:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wow! What a whirlwind you've been through with phones. Hope you don't change partners like that.
    th3h0ff likes this.
    02-27-14 09:34 AM
    OP, I have been fortunate not have had your issues. I feel for you. Hope, you use only authentic BlackBerry chargers?
    02-27-14 09:36 AM
    Had a few technical issues with the 2 Z10's that I've owned. So I got an iPhone 4S. I miss the way the Z10 worked. Typing was easier, the Hub was great...
    I've been reading these forums a bunch and I've noticed some people saying that the Z10 is really sensitive to other chargers other than the one that came with the phone.
    Is this normal? I've has one fry a motherboard, and the 2nd one went black after I charged it with a Playbook charger.
    Been toying with the idea of getting a Z10 again.

The charger didn't fry the phone. I use the same charger and it works perfectly. They sell that charger as part of the charger bundle for the Z10. Something else fried your phone.
    02-27-14 11:35 AM
    I did use a Walmart charger in my truck. I didn't use it that often, but I used it nonetheless. Every time I used it I had the warning message on the phone, but it still worked. I just figured it was one of those things that makes people buy brand name stuff.
    Looking back I guess it was penny wise, pound foolish perhaps.

02-27-14 11:54 AM
    Wow! What a whirlwind you've been through with phones. Hope you don't change partners like that.
    Lol, only when they become less productive! J/k but seriously bb10 makes more sense once you learn to optimize it for what you use you phone for. Nothing comes close to the fluidity and efficiency and I'm hopeful the new regime at BlackBerry can really learn how to sell this fact!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 12:04 PM
    I'm with Koodo in Canada and I don't see it listed anywhere. All I see on amazon and eBay are used ones.
    Where's a good place to buy a new cheap Z10?

02-27-14 12:44 PM
    Koodo us just Telus

Same phones work on both. But you will probably need to unlock one. Getting it straight from blackberry is the best option

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-27-14 02:41 PM