04-21-13 12:42 PM
91 1234
tools
    I had to reboot an iPad once. Does it count?

Post via CB Z10
    04-19-13 06:55 PM
    Great, another circle jerk thread dismissing legitimate issues.
    The OP did say "Let's be honest...", some of us honestly haven't encountered his problems. I don't think the OP was asking for only people that felt the same as he feels to respond. If he did, wouldn't that technically be a reverse circle jerk? People getting off on having the same problems?

Maybe if people voice how they have not encountered his issue, it might lead him to conclude that his specific phone is defective and needs to be returned/exchanged or even switched?

Just saying...

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 06:58 PM
    +100! People that don't have issues are acting as though those issues don't exist. There is a known reboot issues, it is known that android ported apps are not working properly w vzw 4g, amongst other issues. I think the point of this thread is that mature OS are boring because they don't have many issues whereas a new OS as great as BB10 has problems that can be fun to fix but annoying.
    It's not the people that don't have issues acting like the issues don't exist. It's the people that do have issues that make the sweeping statements like 'this OS isn't ready for prime time', Z10 is horrible because of all the reboots, etc. Of course when people put things like that it gets the backs up of the people that don't have the problems.

Then we get the classic 'these people are obviously fan boys and delusional because only people who are having problems can possibly be telling the truth'. Give me a break.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 06:59 PM
    I've never had to reboot my Z10. But having the option to reboot/pull the battery is actually a plus for me vs. iPhone. I know on my older BB's I had to do some hard resets but they were OLD.
    That's because it does that by itself. Sometimes while you're in the middle of doing something.

I love it. Someone posts something implying that the Z10 isn't perfect - and it sure isn't - and he gets roasted. Nice.
    h20work and rottonj like this.
    04-19-13 07:00 PM
    TBH, I don't understand why you believe the OP's issues are legitimate:

"I've never had to reboot my iPhone because I stopped getting message notifications."
    OP should have provided some detail about what message notifications he/she is not receiving. Are they SMS, email, BlackBerry World. This is a terribly vague statement and offers the community no way to properly respond. If you have a problem, be specific. Include your model number and OS build. Seriously, this is basic common sense if you truly need help with something.

"Never had to pull a battery out and play the waiting game."
    If you disconnect the power source and reconnect, it must do a hard reboot. And, yes... hard reboot cycles > 0 seconds, so you have to wait. If your attention span can't handle 30 seconds for your device to hard reboot, then a device with a replaceable battery-option probably isn't for you. If you're implying that you have to do frequent battery pulls on the Z10, then please elaborate why you think you need to do so.

"Never had to fiddle with the case at all."
    This has nothing to do with the phone itself. Either RTFM or contact the case manufacturer. If you really think that this is legitimate Z10 issue, then you're the only jerk circling around the forums.

As I said above, if you have a real issue then give the community a chance to help and provide details... otherwise, you simply appear to be ******** about nothing.
    Nope, I think you misunderstood. I didn't say anything about the op's issues or lack thereof. It's the fact that they need to say that they aren't having any issues so let's blame it on user error.

I can provide you with my two open incident numbers from blackberry level 3 support as well as the emails with them if you'd like. I also recorded the phone calls (with their permission) .

Some people are having legitimate problems, some people are not. It's really that simple! Bbry is aware of the issues and working to resolve them.
    richardat and MERCDROID like this.
    04-19-13 07:03 PM
    Circle jerk...really?

Members with problems and praises have equal rights to post about their issues or high regard ( or any combination of both) of the Z10.
    If we don't like it we should move along to another of the thousand threads started each day or get thicker skin.

Posted using CB10 via BB10 on a BB Z10
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    04-19-13 07:04 PM
    The OP did say "Let's be honest...", some of us honestly haven't encountered his problems. I don't think the OP was asking for only people that felt the same as he feels to respond. If he did, wouldn't that technically be a reverse circle jerk? People getting off on having the same problems?

Maybe if people voice how they have not encountered his issue, it might lead him to conclude that his specific phone is defective and needs to be returned/exchanged or even switched?

Just saying...

Posted via CB10
    You might want to reread the op, just saying...
    04-19-13 07:06 PM
    +100! People that don't have issues are acting as though those issues don't exist. There is a known reboot issues, it is known that android ported apps are not working properly w vzw 4g, amongst other issues. I think the point of this thread is that mature OS are boring because they don't have many issues whereas a new OS as great as BB10 has problems that can be fun to fix but annoying.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way QNX is programmed eliminate problems that can be caused by an app, therefore it must be caused by something in the core OS. And because these problems are obviously not normal neither happen to the majority of Z10 owners, there's great chance it's a defective product, which happens with any material.

Now if people say they don't have the problem, it's because they simply don't, and this needs to be said to identify if the problem is due to a defective product (hardware or software) or a bug. That way we can conclude something out of this experience and maybe help the owner with his problem.

It's OK to whine, as long as it's constructive and said in a respectful way. Now if the OP could describe his problem with useful informations instead of just whining, that would become constructive, and I'm sure he would be satisfied of the outcome: may it be correcting his bug, swap his phone at his distributor or change platform.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:07 PM
    Please read the original post!!!!! Forget the misleading title, the op started a thread to say that they have not had any problems.....

For the record, Blackberry (paid) support is advising against replacing devices due to reboots, downloading attachment issues, and email delivery problems.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    04-19-13 07:14 PM
    You might want to reread the op, just saying...
    I did that, and read my post too. Both weren't offensive. I think the circle jerk comment was more offensive then the OP and my response to it...

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:15 PM
    Please read the original post!!!!! Forget the misleading title, the op started a thread to say that they have not had any problems.....

For the record, Blackberry (paid) support is advising against replacing devices due to reboots, downloading attachment issues, and email delivery problems.
    Yes, we all read it, we were mostly responding to the reboot issue he had. And I really don't think anyone got nasty about it.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    04-19-13 07:16 PM
    The only issues I have experienced have been user error (me) OR a web site that needed administering, again not the phones fault.
    I do love that I have options IF an issue arises and am so glad I am not one of the iPeople or a Androider.
    I so love thinking for myself.
    Last edited by PINC; 04-19-13 at 08:10 PM.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-19-13 07:20 PM
    Yeah had mine over 2 months no problems here. My iphone tho, is another story lol

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:20 PM
    Nope, I think you misunderstood. I didn't say anything about the op's issues or lack thereof. It's the fact that they need to say that they aren't having any issues so let's blame it on user error.

I can provide you with my two open incident numbers from blackberry level 3 support as well as the emails with them if you'd like. I also recorded the phone calls (with their permission) .

Some people are having legitimate problems, some people are not. It's really that simple! Bbry is aware of the issues and working to resolve them.
    Yes, there are legitimate issues and there are threads that cover the specifics of those issues. The problem with THIS thread is that it presents no legitimate issues... only a generic comparison to the iPhone experience. In other words, the OP of THIS thread which you aptly regard to as a "circle jerk" offers nothing to the community other than the OP's desire to debug and work through a new product. The community's responses are not "dismissing legitimate issues"... the responses are equally vague as the OP's message. Simply put, "we don't see your vague issues and we love the phone so far".

You want details, then provide details. You want help, then ask for it properly. If you just want to say you like working through new products, then do so without vague references to illegitimate issues (fiddling with the case... really?).

Also, it's probably not the best choice of words to claim that the contributors of this community are participating in a "circle jerk dismissing legitimate issues". Not one contributor to this thread has dismissed any specific legitimate issue provided in detail by the OP.
    04-19-13 07:21 PM
    Did the OP saying ANYTHING about these? Please re-read the issues he was talking about. Yes, there are issues with the phone. Yes, if he wanted to talk about the rebooting issue(particularly with Verizon), fine, then talk about it instead of the ones he talked about. But please, have some experience with other phones as well. I was one of the lucky ones that received an unproblematic 920 but there were MANY instances of rebooting, dust, yada yada yada. Bottom line, if a company needs to use sweatshop labor then wtf do you expect?

Please, do me a favor and go look at the iPhone 5 support forums, the HTC One support forums, go look at the 920 support forums. EVERY major device release have issues. We are not denying that the Z10 is exempt and if anyone on these forums denies this then write them off as a fanboy/fangirl.
    04-19-13 07:24 PM
    Did the OP saying ANYTHING about these? Please re-read the issues he was talking about. Yes, there are issues with the phone. Yes, if he wanted to talk about the rebooting issue(particularly with Verizon), fine, then talk about it instead of the ones he talked about. But please, have some experience with other phones as well. I was one of the lucky ones that received an unproblematic 920 but there were MANY instances of rebooting, dust, yada yada yada. Bottom line, if a company needs to use sweatshop labor then wtf do you expect?

Please, do me a favor and go look at the iPhone 5 support forums, the HTC One support forums, go look at the 920 support forums. EVERY major device release have issues. We are not denying that the Z10 is exempt and if anyone on these forums denies this then write them off as a fanboy/fangirl.
    Please do me the courteous of rereading what I wrote. I only used those as examples as known issues. Meanwhile others are just posting "I have no issues." Clearly there are issues w the Z10 and for most devices out there. However the more mature OS should have less as they have had more time to work them out. I get that.
    04-19-13 07:43 PM
    Fiddling with your phone case is not the phones fault, you can buy iPhone cases that are just as bad. (See where I'm going with this?)

I've had my Z10 over a week and I've not restarted my phone once. I haven't even taken the back case off or anything ever since putting my battery in. Battery life is FINE, I wouldn't say it's outstanding but I wouldn't be quick to point it out if I had to note down the cons.

Honestly, the ONLY thing I can point out as a CON is the lack of apps. Everything else which some people are not happy with or that has been left out from previous BBOS can be fixed with an update.
    04-19-13 08:02 PM
    Re: the "case". I'm referring to the detachable back of the phone, which is awkward at times to remove and close solidly, and likely wears over time. Not a bloody third party accessory. Forgive my lingo.

As for "be more specific you troll!" --- Dude I made like 3 posts asking for help here and being super specific, the posts dropped quicker than a prom dress. Part of what led me to make this rant. Fact is it's a brand new toy with a new OS, and many small issues that are usually manageable and/or treatable. I'm just saying that I don't remember ever resolving something by rebooting an iPhone, and that's one of the first troubleshooting steps for BB. I also owned a Bold 9000 back in the day and had similar small bugs from time to time.

Ultimately the Z10 is much more enjoyable than any iPhone I've ever owned. But I've for sure encountered random and unrelenting (until I studied them, went through the battery replacing, rebooting, reloading data steps) issues until they went away after my trial and error.
    04-19-13 08:09 PM
    Tldr but I didn't have to reboot my iPhone either. Not even when it lost all my contacts and settings after o/s upgrade... I was so grateful. Actually thinking back it did reboot

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:10 PM
    The only problem I ever had on my Z10 was when I could not mark a notification as "Read". A reboot foxed that issue.

I came from an iPhone and it froze on me many times. Sometimes when I was on a call.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:15 PM
    Notifications on my iPhone almost never worked properly.

With my Z10 I've been getting storm watches and warning right after they're issued. Really surprised me when I got the first one because I wasn't use to notifications actually working correctly.
    04-19-13 08:17 PM
    My company started rolling out iOS devices this year and they have all had issues where they either had to be switched in and out of airplane mode to reset the radios or be restarted. I guess it could be an ActiveSync issue, but let's not pretend like BlackBerry is the only platform that needs an occasional reboot.

All of these mobile platforms are still in their infancy.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:24 PM
    This forum is also full of brand bashers, stock shorters and other platforms fans. So what. It all works out in the end. Learn to spot reliable advice! As you call out one party you become part of another!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:32 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way QNX is programmed eliminate problems that can be caused by an app, therefore it must be caused by something in the core OS. And because these problems are obviously not normal neither happen to the majority of Z10 owners, there's great chance it's a defective product, which happens with any material.

Now if people say they don't have the problem, it's because they simply don't, and this needs to be said to identify if the problem is due to a defective product (hardware or software) or a bug. That way we can conclude something out of this experience and maybe help the owner with his problem.

It's OK to whine, as long as it's constructive and said in a respectful way. Now if the OP could describe his problem with useful informations instead of just whining, that would become constructive, and I'm sure he would be satisfied of the outcome: may it be correcting his bug, swap his phone at his distributor or change platform.

Posted via CB10
    Thats a good point. It's not like QNX is new. It's a mature, stable OS which handles misbehaving apps well, It's been around since the 80s for heavens sake. And my Z10 crashes just sitting there with no open apps - in fact the only apps loaded were Kindle and a RPN calculator. So somewhere in the port to this platform, someone bunged up QNX. The question is precisely where, and since even a "small", portable OS is these days a hugely complex thing, that may take some time to sort out. QNX has to have layers to run everything on the phone, and probably some carrier specific stuff. So while I am positive BB will find the errors and crush them, it's not going to be an overnight thing.

No one on this forum is going to fix this. We can vent all we want, but unless someone here can get into the code and fond the bug, convince BB they did, then propagate the fix through all the carriers, we need to be real. WE are not going to fix it.

Incidentally, I have had hangups and misbehavior on iOS - even the latest. Also on Android Jellybean. But right now those platforms are more stable than 10. Which is to be expected, if not exactly what we had hoped for.
    04-19-13 08:38 PM
    I had an iPhone 4S and I think it's a myth that "it just works" I used to have apps crash quite a bit. A few times I had the touch screen stopped working and i had to reboot the phone to get it working again.

I did have the rebooting problem with my Z10, but I exchanged it for another one and I have not had a problem since. I have never had to pull the battery. I have never not gotten notifications.
    04-19-13 08:42 PM
91 1234