First things first...I love my Z10 as well. And I am glad to hear so many with no issues whatsoever. However, in less than two weeks I've had it, my Z10 will just turn off and reboot at least 3 times a week. It needs to be more stable. Bigger issues however are the loss features and functions from the 9810 (7 series software). Being an optimist, I am hoping that they get these features back quickly with updates.
    04-20-13 09:12 AM
    First things first...I love my Z10 as well. And I am glad to hear so many with no issues whatsoever. However, in less than two weeks I've had it, my Z10 will just turn off and reboot at least 3 times a week. It needs to be more stable. Bigger issues however are the loss features and functions from the 9810 (7 series software). Being an optimist, I am hoping that they get these features back quickly with updates.
    I don't get it. How can you love a phone that reboots at least 3 times a week and is not stable? What are the incredible positives that make an unstable system and reboots 3 times a week not that important? And it sounds like you miss BB7. It sounds like you are really saying that you don't love the Z10. What am I missing?
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-20-13 10:02 AM
    i dont understand why people are coming on here and getting mad that there people who say theyve never had these issues without actually offering anything to the conversation. if the poster didnt want these types of responses, then either dont post a silly article like this or post stat facts like what service provider her/she is with, and what os version there device is running. 95% of user dont have these problems, and the %5 that do, are because there on the older software version and they all complain. believe me, i work in cellular sales, i see all kinds of problems with the "oh so holy" iphone, but nobody complains because that would be some sort of apple sin. and the funny thing is someone said on here the reason the iphone is as good as it is, because its been out and the same for 7 years is true, but at the same time there taking things backwards, almost every new update fixes one problem only to create another. apple's fairy tale run is slowly coming to an end. just look at their stock pricing as well. theyve lost almost 50% since september, which was around the time of the iphone5 launch.
    04-20-13 11:11 AM
    fact - there is yet to be an iphone with a removable battery, LMAO

fact - the only issue between somebody and the z10 is the somebody, never the z10
    04-20-13 11:17 AM
    troll threads are strong this weekend eh.NO one gives a **** you aint happy switch we dont care about your life story.Just solve the problem not happy get another phone its simple.

Too many silly post around trolling is getting boring.Better information threads should be trending not these garbage whinning threads.
    04-20-13 12:52 PM
    I disagree.

Haven't rebooted since I got it last month.

These are your issues - not mine

Also regarding iOS and stability. It just depends on the device. I have an ipod that needs rebooting weekly. An iPad that doesn't that I don't use.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:07 PM
    No problem with my new phone. Sh*t is hot.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 02:59 PM
    Z10 on Vodafone here in the UK, since Feb 4th. No problems at all apart from sometimes forgetting my pop3 email password due I am told to competing with my PC for emails. I absolutely love the phone .
    04-20-13 06:15 PM
    I've never had to reboot my iPhone because I stopped getting message notifications.

Never had to pull a battery out and play the waiting game.

Never had to fiddle with the case at all

It all just works.

It is a bit "fun" to "fix" an issue, or build a relationship with your device such that you learn what makes it fussy and not, but, for those in need of a business device that just works and stays that way without the need to reload the OS, fiddle with back ups, replace faulty batteries or check the damn battery with monitoring applications, IS THE Z10 (or any BB for that matter) really worth it?

I say yes only because I'm sick of the dull, unimaginative iPhone. For someone who isn't looking to be entertained at all and simply wants something that works, never breaks, and doesn't require registering accounts on message boards where they are seemingly 1 of 100,000 and can barely get a response given how quickly new topics and complaints are lodged, I'm not so sure.
    LOL You're living in a dream world if you think owners of iPhones don't have problems. Just check out some of the iPhone forums. Plenty of complaints there. Enjoy the reading.

I love these bogus posts, they all start with "I love my BB BUT...."
    04-20-13 11:03 PM
    I also wanted to note that my 920 never received notifications like my Z10 has. It has been a godsend getting facebook messages instantly and updates on time. One of the great things about Apple is that they've been fine tuning the OS for so long, "it just works." Their hardware changes only incrementally so they don't have to worry about ALL the components of a whole NEW phone. The new 5S will have, what? NFC? A new problem arises? You know that it is due to NFC.

This is partially why all these companies are now focusing on one phone line and just incrementally changing them every year instead of introducing a whole slew of new features.

The Z10 and the 920 were in the same boat: whole new hardware and whole new OS. Nokia had a crap load of hardware issues from dust in the front camera, to clicking frames, overheating, ect. and then Microsoft had a ton of problems with the OS as well which was partially solved in the update Portico.

The difference between Microsoft and BlackBerry is that BlackBerry is releasing updates to the OS ALL the time. The last OS update from Microsoft was last December. BlackBerry is solving the problems, Microsoft isn't. HTC has zero support for their phones which is why consumers have largely abandoned them. The galaxy line has also been crap until recently. Patience. BlackBerry is doing more for their phones than most companies.
    Exactly! When iPhone 1 just came out, they forgot to support copy and paste; When iPhone 4 came out, there was death grip. When iPhone 5 came out, the map was pretty bad. And they still haven't perfected the auto-correction after 5th generation. Not saying this to diss Apple because they have great R&D too. But the fact is, at this point of the game, nothing worth doing will come out perfect in their first generation. The number of variables those engineering departments have to deal with in smartphones under crazy schedules is just enormous, it takes time to mature.
    04-21-13 10:03 AM
    I've never had to reboot my iPhone because I stopped getting message notifications.

Never had to pull a battery out and play the waiting game.

Never had to fiddle with the case at all.

It all just works.

It is a bit "fun" to "fix" an issue, or build a relationship with your device such that you learn what makes it fussy and not, but, for those in need of a business device that just works and stays that way without the need to reload the OS, fiddle with back ups, replace faulty batteries or check the damn battery with monitoring applications, IS THE Z10 (or any BB for that matter) really worth it?

I say yes only because I'm sick of the dull, unimaginative iPhone. For someone who isn't looking to be entertained at all and simply wants something that works, never breaks, and doesn't require registering accounts on message boards where they are seemingly 1 of 100,000 and can barely get a response given how quickly new topics and complaints are lodged, I'm not so sure.
    I've never had to reboot or pull the battery on my Z10. I've never had the phone freeze or crash. I've never had to play the waiting game or fiddle with the case. I've had it since February 6th and haven't had any issues. It just works.
    Yes, it's very worth it!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:14 AM
    The OP's sampling group is too small to draw definitive conclusions.
    04-21-13 10:38 AM
    I've never had to reboot or pull the battery on my Z10. I've never had the phone freeze or crash. I've never had to play the waiting game or fiddle with the case. I've had it since February 6th and haven't had any issues. It just works.
    Yes, it's very worth it!!!

Posted via CB10
    Is your Z10 turned on????
    04-21-13 10:47 AM
    Lol z10 ****s on iphone can't believe that you compared it to a iphone x_x z10 battery is way better than an iphone battery

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:48 AM
    Is your Z10 turned on????
    Lol! Yes, all day...just ask my wife!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:58 AM
    Lol! Yes, all day...just ask my wife!

Posted via CB10
    I've never had to reboot or a slow down either.

I've used my LE at least 5 hours a day (usually closer to 12) intensively including doing software development.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:42 AM
91 ... 234