I've never had to reboot my iPhone because I stopped getting message notifications.

Never had to pull a battery out and play the waiting game.

Never had to fiddle with the case at all.

It all just works.

It is a bit "fun" to "fix" an issue, or build a relationship with your device such that you learn what makes it fussy and not, but, for those in need of a business device that just works and stays that way without the need to reload the OS, fiddle with back ups, replace faulty batteries or check the damn battery with monitoring applications, IS THE Z10 (or any BB for that matter) really worth it?

I say yes only because I'm sick of the dull, unimaginative iPhone. For someone who isn't looking to be entertained at all and simply wants something that works, never breaks, and doesn't require registering accounts on message boards where they are seemingly 1 of 100,000 and can barely get a response given how quickly new topics and complaints are lodged, I'm not so sure.
    04-19-13 03:04 PM
    I've never had to reboot my Z10. But having the option to reboot/pull the battery is actually a plus for me vs. iPhone. I know on my older BB's I had to do some hard resets but they were OLD.

Not sure what you mean by fiddle with the case? What case do you have? Whatever it is, get a different one LOL. My case is perfectly snug, I never fiddle with it.
    04-19-13 03:06 PM
    I've never stopped getting notifications or had to pull the battery or fiddle with the case on my Z10. I am being honest.

And for you to say that you never had to monitor app usage on the iPhone is because you never thought to. I can tell you that there are apps on that platform that wiped out my 4S's battery. Were you not paying attention to them?

And you know why iOS rarely has problems now? You've heard this line a million times on this website, "because it has been around since 2007."
    04-19-13 03:10 PM
    Hmmm...I've had my Z10 since February 5th and have never had to reboot or had a single issue with receiving messages. I also don't have a clue what you're referring to about the "case". If you don't like it, return it and stop whinging.

Posted via CB10
    BerryClever, RECOOL, dbeir and 2 others like this.
    04-19-13 03:10 PM
    Every electronic is going to have the potential of issues arising. No device is perfect. Aside from the inexplicable reboots some people are having, the device is quite amazing for first generation os.

Posted from my ZED10
    BerryClever, Deu2e and camilo29 like this.
    04-19-13 03:20 PM
    In the time I owned my iPhone notifications never worked despite a factory reset almost weekly. Lone exception was a zynga app. Anytime I would open a app with notification settings I would be notified that iTunes wasn't setup right despite many resets as Apple suggested. My Zed has never given me any trouble.

Posted via CB10
    Made in flanders likes this.
    04-19-13 03:33 PM
    I've never had to reboot my iPhone because I stopped getting message notifications.

It all just works.

It is a bit "fun" to "fix" an issue, or build a relationship with your device such that you learn what makes it fussy and not, but, for those in need of a business device that just works and stays that way without the need to reload the OS, fiddle with back ups, replace faulty batteries or check the damn battery with monitoring applications, IS THE Z10 (or any BB for that matter) really worth it?

I say yes only because I'm sick of the dull, unimaginative iPhone. For someone who isn't looking to be entertained at all and simply wants something that works, never breaks, and doesn't require registering accounts on message boards where they are seemingly 1 of 100,000 and can barely get a response given how quickly new topics and complaints are lodged, I'm not so sure.
    I have my Z10 since it came out in Canada and I still have to find something wrong with this phone, is a new os yes, bit work just great for me no issues here.

Posted via CB10
    houseane likes this.
    04-19-13 03:38 PM
    2 months with the phone zero problems. I think i rebooted it once in the beginning but aside from that it's been great

Posted via CB10 powered by BB10
    04-19-13 03:48 PM
    No reboots required since getting the Z10. My iPod touch on the other hand is starting to act funny and has locked up a few time lately. I wish I could pull the battery out of it. The battery on my iPod is also starting to get weak, guess I'm stuck using radios that can charge simultaneously.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 03:49 PM
    Never had to reboot to fix an issue on the Z10 *knock knock*. I've had it for 2 months.

Ironically, I had to reboot my iPhone 4 every time I wanted to get out of an app because the home key would randomly not work. My coworker has to do the same, it's a known issue. Apple really should allow apps to be software closed without having to use the physical home button.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 03:57 PM
    Which carrier and OS version is on your Z10?

I don't have any of the issues you have. It might be something related to the OS version.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 04:05 PM

It all just works.

So far, my Z10 experience has been like your iPhone experience. AT&T Z10 with the BB Transform and Flip cases.
    04-19-13 04:14 PM
    AAPL has gone through periods of its life when its quality control was terrible, and I have suffered from this, along with many people I know.

This forum has a large number of participants who are happy to deflect any and all criticism.
    "Could you be more specific? "
    "I have never had THAT problem "
    "Please elaborate further about the one aspect where you may have paraphrased or exaggerated so that I a skewer you later "

Now go ahead, call me a whiner.
    04-19-13 05:12 PM
    No reboots required since getting the Z10. My iPod touch on the other hand is starting to act funny and has locked up a few time lately. I wish I could pull the battery out of it. The battery on my iPod is also starting to get weak, guess I'm stuck using radios that can charge simultaneously.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. That, or you could replace the battery....? Give me a break.
    bbfanatic11 likes this.
    04-19-13 05:22 PM

2.5 months in and never had to do any of these with my Z10. And I prefer to option to pull or swap out a spare battery if needed.

It just works...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    hpjrt likes this.
    04-19-13 05:25 PM
    Great, another circle jerk thread dismissing legitimate issues.
    04-19-13 05:25 PM
    Got mine Feb 5th. Never rebooted except when my battery died. Never had messages stop coming.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 05:31 PM
    I have my Z10 since it came out in Canada and I still have to find something wrong with this phone, is a new os yes, bit work just great for me no issues here.

Posted via CB10
    Same

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 05:32 PM
    I also wanted to note that my 920 never received notifications like my Z10 has. It has been a godsend getting facebook messages instantly and updates on time. One of the great things about Apple is that they've been fine tuning the OS for so long, "it just works." Their hardware changes only incrementally so they don't have to worry about ALL the components of a whole NEW phone. The new 5S will have, what? NFC? A new problem arises? You know that it is due to NFC.

This is partially why all these companies are now focusing on one phone line and just incrementally changing them every year instead of introducing a whole slew of new features.

The Z10 and the 920 were in the same boat: whole new hardware and whole new OS. Nokia had a crap load of hardware issues from dust in the front camera, to clicking frames, overheating, ect. and then Microsoft had a ton of problems with the OS as well which was partially solved in the update Portico.

The difference between Microsoft and BlackBerry is that BlackBerry is releasing updates to the OS ALL the time. The last OS update from Microsoft was last December. BlackBerry is solving the problems, Microsoft isn't. HTC has zero support for their phones which is why consumers have largely abandoned them. The galaxy line has also been crap until recently. Patience. BlackBerry is doing more for their phones than most companies.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    04-19-13 05:33 PM
    I have my Z10 for about three weeks now and never reboot once excepted when I upgrade the software. My Z10 is through AT&T and make in Mexico.
    04-19-13 05:35 PM
    TBH, I don't understand why you believe the OP's issues are legitimate:

"I've never had to reboot my iPhone because I stopped getting message notifications."
    OP should have provided some detail about what message notifications he/she is not receiving. Are they SMS, email, BlackBerry World. This is a terribly vague statement and offers the community no way to properly respond. If you have a problem, be specific. Include your model number and OS build. Seriously, this is basic common sense if you truly need help with something.

"Never had to pull a battery out and play the waiting game."
    If you disconnect the power source and reconnect, it must do a hard reboot. And, yes... hard reboot cycles > 0 seconds, so you have to wait. If your attention span can't handle 30 seconds for your device to hard reboot, then a device with a replaceable battery-option probably isn't for you. If you're implying that you have to do frequent battery pulls on the Z10, then please elaborate why you think you need to do so.

"Never had to fiddle with the case at all."
    This has nothing to do with the phone itself. Either RTFM or contact the case manufacturer. If you really think that this is legitimate Z10 issue, then you're the only jerk circling around the forums.

As I said above, if you have a real issue then give the community a chance to help and provide details... otherwise, you simply appear to be ******** about nothing.
    jdhooghe and lynxs_claw like this.
    04-19-13 05:43 PM
    +100! People that don't have issues are acting as though those issues don't exist. There is a known reboot issues, it is known that android ported apps are not working properly w vzw 4g, amongst other issues. I think the point of this thread is that mature OS are boring because they don't have many issues whereas a new OS as great as BB10 has problems that can be fun to fix but annoying.
    04-19-13 05:45 PM
    Love my z10

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 05:50 PM
    No issues

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 05:51 PM
    Ive had my VZW Z10 for 2 weeks now. I was made to believe that being on VZW I was doomed to problems that only the OS update could fix. But Im still waiting to see a problem. So Im a lot less concerned about the update now. Im still clumsy on the keyboard but that's not Little Zeds problem, I still get things done, and I still use it far more than my Note2. Most of the time I leave the GN2 home and just take Zed.
    04-19-13 05:51 PM
91 123 ...