How are you guys and gals managing to have your BlackBerry Z10s stolen literally from under your thumb? Do you put the device down in public places or what? For those not password protecting the smartphone and if appropriate not encrypting the media card, why leave yourself exposed? Maybe someone needs to invest in a proximity alarm for their smartphone. As for the thieves do they mistake the BlackBerry Z10 for an Apple iPhone?????

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    Some people just see pretty things and then steal them, no big surprise there.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 06:27 PM
    Thanks for the support guys!

kill_9 I have no comment for you are you a troll?

anyhow something strange has been going on: you know how I had to switch back to my old blackberry, which is a torch. everytime I go in BBM it is telling me to sign in and saying that my blackberry id is already registered on another device...when I sign in I saw some additional contacts there that I do not know. I think the person that stole my z_10 is trying or using the BBM on it or something. what do you guys think? I am wondering if somehow the things got intertwined?
    03-09-13 01:20 AM
    Thanks for the support guys!

kill_9 I have no comment for you are you a troll?

anyhow something strange has been going on: you know how I had to switch back to my old blackberry, which is a torch. everytime I go in BBM it is telling me to sign in and saying that my blackberry id is already registered on another device...when I sign in I saw some additional contacts there that I do not know. I think the person that stole my z_10 is trying or using the BBM on it or something. what do you guys think? I am wondering if somehow the things got intertwined?
    Maybe they didn't wipe the device, or at least do it properly, so your device, BlackBerry Protect and BBM are still linked to your BBID.
    I would think that nows the time to get cracking on that detective work. Specially since you seeing new BBM contacts.
    I would log onto the BlackBerry Protect site and try locate the phone. Otherwise contact BlackBerry directly, because it seems your BBID and the account still seem to be linked, they should be able for help you track it if you can't from protect

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 01:44 AM
    If u cant locate your device with the BB protect than its crapp. BB protect dont work if you need it lol.
    03-09-13 01:55 AM
    How are you guys and gals managing to have your BlackBerry Z10s stolen literally from under your thumb? Do you put the device down in public places or what? For those not password protecting the smartphone and if appropriate not encrypting the media card, why leave yourself exposed? Maybe someone needs to invest in a proximity alarm for their smartphone. As for the thieves do they mistake the BlackBerry Z10 for an Apple iPhone?????

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    For the record if your device is wiped, BlackBerry Protect can no longer locate it.

What difference does having a password on your device make, that certainly doesn't deter any would be thieves. Especially in this instance where it would be safe to say that the device was nicked for the actual device, and not to steal information, which is generally the case when smartphones are stolen to be honest.
    Theft and pick pocketing happens all over the world. These people have no shame or conscience and will happily go through your things taking what they want. There is only so much precaution you can take, if a thief wants to take something they will. I live in South Africa and everyone I know has been a victim of a 5 finger discount at some point, so I think you're being a bit unfair here.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 02:06 AM
    My condolences man

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 02:09 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Services were assigned to your device. Pulling your SIM wouldn't disable those services.

Posted via CB10
    sorry, cant't the thief just pull the battery and then blackberry protect cannot trace .. that's what happened a month ago when my bb 9900 was stolen .... bb Protect could not trace the phone ...
    03-09-13 02:18 AM
    If u cant locate your device with the BB protect than its crapp. BB protect dont work if you need it lol.
    Nonsense I've shown people and helped people find their lost or misplaced devices via protect
    All device track and protect features work the same.
    Device powered off - can't locate
    Device wiped - can't locate

My brothers iphone was stolen out of his gym bag while playing a game of football. When he realised he searched all the people nearby and they searched all the bags, went in the Apple site but the phone was long gone.
    On a side bar, if it's an emergency you can contact your service provider, they claim they can't track the device but if it's an emergency they will do it

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 02:21 AM
    so the ***** added some of my friends on BBM but no profile pic up yet
    03-10-13 11:02 AM
    ok so I spoke with one of the person's contacts that stole my phone...dude said he cant believe she is a thief. He gave me her phone number and her her online dating profile with her pics etc! her also gave me her general location (intersection) so I will fifure out how I wanna go about this at a decent hr.
    Speedygi likes this.
    03-11-13 01:07 AM
    wow... you did some serious recon there! kudos to you... we're all rooting for ya!
    03-11-13 01:10 AM
    thanks man, I could give the police.the info or call her myself!
    03-11-13 01:19 AM
    Wow... a woman thief. I hope you can catch her and get the phone back. She never added me on BBM.

Keep us updated.
    03-11-13 09:15 AM
    Hope you can get some progress on this. Losing such a wonderful phone like the Z10 isn't a fun thing at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 12:27 PM
    I hope you turned on blackberry locate. It will give you a better idea of where your device is. You can even lock it, sound an alarm or even wipe the device

Posted via CB10
    Got2GetAway likes this.
    03-11-13 12:33 PM
    I am sorry for your loss but be strong during this tough time without your family addition but here is a way to actually track it down.(Not sure of your country law).

1) Report the handset stolen to your local police station get a case number and once you've a case number*give them the IMEI Number*.
    2) Contact all Service providers in your country and give them the IMEI number perhaps they can actually give the number if a sim card was inserted that is how I located my phone and contacted the number and told them congratulations you've won Money, holiday etc can we meet in person(public place) that way you understand the T&C. Once you confront either go with law enforcement. Works in my country but now days they blacklist the phone if it's stolen/misplaced
    03-11-13 12:58 PM
    That really sucks that your phone got stolen. I can't imagine how I'd feel if that happened to me. Now, the important thing going forward here is that from now on, no matter how much of an inconvenience it is you should do a few things to protect your info:

1. Set a device password
    2. Encrypt your data (both media card and device).
    3. Write down your IMEI number and keep it in a safe place.

Obviously someone stealing the phone won't necessarily be after your personal information or your BBID and all that's attached to it, but that doesn't mean that once they get your phone they won't find something useful on there. Plus, your pictures and videos, depending on what you use your camera for, could put others at risk (eg. friends, family). Protect yourself and those around you by protecting your information. Encrypting your media card and device means that when they finally cause your phone to be wiped through failed password attempts, they won't be able to access the media card either until it's formatted.

This should give you enough time to take your IMEI number and report it to the police so the phone can be blacklisted so that when they try to use their freshly formatted device, they'll be caught.

Make sure you're backing your phone up regularly so you can easily restore the data when you get yourself a new phone.

JB
    Got2GetAway and Centerman66 like this.
    03-11-13 01:49 PM
    sorry to hear your luck

My beutifull white z10 hmm no way
    good luck unlocking it u have 5 min
    also my media card is encrypted
    nice paperweight
    03-11-13 02:25 PM
    I am in canada and i am not sure they will give me the phone number thats hooked up with my IMEI I know the cops can get it though.
    the cop said he will take care if it i will hear from the detective by tomorrow.. I will update you guys...
    03-11-13 04:05 PM
    Fingers crossed, Pat!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 07:33 PM
    Hi guys,

I lost my blackberry Z10 today! I am so sad who does suchh evil as stealing??? I am so mad, it happen in the mall. Any tips or advice guys?? I had blackberry protect on it but the ******* must have the phone on off...So far I called my cell company to block it for now so that they at least can't run up my bill.

Any other advice???
    This is such b.s.! I HATE scammers and thieves. I hope you get it back.
    03-11-13 09:03 PM
    Sorry to hear that.. are you on any of the big 3 networks? They may be able to render your phone useless and could drive the guy to return it.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:07 PM
    That happened to my old 9800 last year I used BB protect to track it then when I was within 100 feet of where it was set it to ring continually on high volume to find the thief went up to him unnoticed in a crowd of people because he was too busy trying to turn it off surprised him said hand it over and we will have no problems of course I had a couple of my large friends with me that are bouncers so of course he gave it to me and walked away. Lol

Posted via CB10
    No broken hands or fingers? :-)
    03-11-13 09:08 PM
    Indeed!
    Great to hear it doesn't need the sim card for BlackBerry Protect!

BesAdmin Z10 User
    03-12-13 10:16 AM
    What a C. U. N ext T uesday! I hope she gets what she deserves & she deserves to go to JAIL.
    ok so I spoke with one of the person's contacts that stole my phone...dude said he cant believe she is a thief. He gave me her phone number and her her online dating profile with her pics etc! her also gave me her general location (intersection) so I will fifure out how I wanna go about this at a decent hr.
    03-12-13 10:25 AM
57 123