Hi guys,

I lost my blackberry Z10 today! I am so sad who does suchh evil as stealing??? I am so mad, it happen in the mall. Any tips or advice guys?? I had blackberry protect on it but the ******* must have the phone on off...So far I called my cell company to block it for now so that they at least can't run up my bill.

Any other advice???
    03-07-13 08:00 PM
    Just reread. BlackBerry Protect needs sim card but thieves usually pull it first. So sorry to hear about your trouble.
    03-07-13 08:02 PM
    Sorry to hear about your loss... Call your carrier they will lock the device for you! IF not, they can always refer the problem to BlackBerry and they should be able to do it for you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ck-pin-207680/ post #15 is very informative! Goodluck...
    jolsonpb and TTQ225 like this.
    03-07-13 08:16 PM
    Oh no. I hope you find it buddy.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 08:18 PM
    That happened to my old 9800 last year I used BB protect to track it then when I was within 100 feet of where it was set it to ring continually on high volume to find the thief went up to him unnoticed in a crowd of people because he was too busy trying to turn it off surprised him said hand it over and we will have no problems of course I had a couple of my large friends with me that are bouncers so of course he gave it to me and walked away. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by skibnik; 03-07-13 at 08:33 PM.
    RubberChicken76 and H4zN like this.
    03-07-13 08:22 PM
    Actually BlackBerry Protect doesn't require a sim I tested it. Unless it's bass off the last known location. But I did pull my sim card and BlackBerry Protect still worked

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 08:29 PM
    Actually BlackBerry Protect doesn't require a sim I tested it. Unless it's bass off the last known location. But I did pull my sim card and BlackBerry Protect still worked

Posted via CB10
    Services were assigned to your device. Pulling your SIM wouldn't disable those services.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 08:45 PM
    Damn that sucks hopefully you can use the BlackBerry Protect feature and find it. Good luck.

CB10- z10
    03-07-13 09:00 PM
    Great to hear it doesn't need the sim card for BlackBerry Protect!

BesAdmin Z10 User
    Got2GetAway likes this.
    03-07-13 09:15 PM
    That sucks!!!

If it happens to get turned back on, first thing you should do is track it's location and then lock the phone.
    03-07-13 09:20 PM
    Ah man I feel for you, I've had a BlackBerry stolen from me in the past and it really really sucks.

Hope you can get it replaced soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 09:27 PM
    So sorry to hear about your plight! I'm at a loss as to why you are unable to track it with Blackberry Protect. The phone has to be turned on at some point. Good luck!
    03-07-13 09:42 PM
    Here's an idea for you to try to at least contact whom ever has it......

The BBM pin number stays with the device no matter who has the phone.

Have one of your bbm contacts try to contact the thief, but be smart about it so you can find a way to get it back.

Long story short, I gave my son my old torch a while back, someone stole it from him and we managed to friend the kid that stole it through bbm and a little detective work. We managed to get his name, phone book and bingo we found him. I called the kids dad and he was a cop...
    Crazy I know...He was more than accommodating in returning the torch.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    GooberNS and H4zN like this.
    03-07-13 10:36 PM

Have one of your bbm contacts try to contact the thief, but be smart about it so you can find a way to get it back.

Long story short, I gave my son my old torch a while back, someone stole it from him and we managed to friend the kid that stole it through bbm and a little detective work. We managed to get his name, phone book and bingo we found him. I called the kids dad and he was a cop...

Good luck.

Posted via CB10

wow...quite a story there! ironic to say the least... glad it worked out for you though!
    T_Touch likes this.
    03-07-13 10:41 PM
    That happened to my old 9800 last year I used BB protect to track it then when I was within 100 feet of where it was set it to ring continually on high volume to find the thief went up to him unnoticed in a crowd of people because he was too busy trying to turn it off surprised him said hand it over and we will have no problems of course I had a couple of my large friends with me that are bouncers so of course he gave it to me and walked away. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Are you serious?! That's a freaking awesome story!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 10:46 PM
    I am so sorry for your loss! I would thin Protect would still work with the phone off. I hope you find it bro.
    03-07-13 10:49 PM

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    This is actually a good idea! someone told me to do this today but I am going to wait a few days which is when the thief will either sell the phone or want it for personal use and thus set up everything...A few people have located their phone this way and even brought a police when they went to meet the person but the thief thought ut ws for a date.

The next thing is to place a want ad on craigs list and kijiji...I am on top of this. I really want my phone back!
    03-07-13 11:00 PM

Should have just beaten the @#$# out of him too.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:04 PM
    I lost my curve this past weekend. I ran the sound alert and couldn't hear it in the whole house, that's when I figured I probably lost it in the bus as it probably fell off my pocket. I then proceeded with a device lock. then after trying to locate it unsuccessfully I proceeded with a wipe (mind that the wipe will leave you without access to the phone via bb protect. I then check my phone company activity for my phone and the dude was calling everyone, even himself with the phone. So I texted my phone and said, I want my phone back and I bet u want something too. I'll give you some money for it. That's one option, the other would be tracing the phone disconecting it and blocking the ENS which would leave the phone useless. In both cases we have to see each other's face. One would be a friendly transaction and the other involves the police. No one likes problems and everyone likes money, think about it and let me know. I call the number I see the most in the logs and it was some dude, I tell him I'm looking for my phone, so he says ohh man, I just woke up I'm wasted from a party last night I don't know what happened, but yeah I think I can get your phone, let me call u back. He did, we met at a gas station, I was very cautious. He said he didn't want any problems or the police calling him at my phone so I tave him some money he gave my phone and that was it. He got my memory card but I figured calling him for that would be a waste of time. Anyways I have to buy one when I get my Z10 this month.
    03-07-13 11:06 PM
    ^^^^^WHAT IS THE ENS??? and how do I block it???
    03-08-13 06:37 AM
    The BBM group is praying for you Pat.
    03-08-13 12:52 PM
    Hey, Pat, it's Jeremy from the group, I heard about the news and I was absolutely flabbergasted. You were with me online then and witnessed the receipt of my Z10, so you know I do feel that pain. I will, in the meantime, keep messaging your phone's BBM, and hopefully it yields some result...

Hang in there, alright?
    03-08-13 04:35 PM
    Shame that's horrible. People are just greedy and selfish, but what goes around comes around and who ever did it has just run up a massive tab with karma. Everyone has given some great advice though. Holding thumbs for you

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 05:10 PM
    How are you guys and gals managing to have your BlackBerry Z10s stolen literally from under your thumb? Do you put the device down in public places or what? For those not password protecting the smartphone and if appropriate not encrypting the media card, why leave yourself exposed? Maybe someone needs to invest in a proximity alarm for their smartphone. As for the thieves do they mistake the BlackBerry Z10 for an Apple iPhone?????

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    03-08-13 05:42 PM
    no to sound harsh but GOOD LUCK getting it back its a cruel world and the z10 is a gorgeous and brand spankin new phone its very highly unlikely whoever stole or found this phone will give it back because they have a good heart i lost a crappy phone knew who found it and they never gave it back.
    03-08-13 06:06 PM
57 123