I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who participates in this forum. The information that you provide is invaluable!

I love mobile devices. I've had everything from Bada, Windows variants, even the dreaded Apple. I'm coming from Android and have been dedicated since os 1.0. I haven't paid much attention to blackberry since before the pearl was released. One day I was talking to a friend of mine and he was like you really have try out this phone. He was really excited about the Z10 so I sold my beloved Nexus and got a Z10 of my own.

I had it in my hands for about 3 hours and I was ready to return it. Who in this day and age locks down apn settings?!! Anyhow, I headed over to Crackberry and the wealth of information convinced me to keep this phone for awhile.

I had the phone carrier unlocked, flashed a leaked rom that let me adjust settings, and installed Snap (love this app!!). My phone is now truly my own. Once I figure how to save my battery life and the nuances of the phone, I'll be set!

While I can't say I'm a convert, I can say that I see the evolution of BlackBerry. BB10 is a beautiful OS and truly needs to be given a test run to really appreciate it.

Thank Crackberry peeps for convincing me to keep this phone. Long live the forums!

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    01-23-14 11:47 AM
    Your welcome

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 11:48 AM
    I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who participates in this forum. The information that you provide is invaluable!

I love mobile devices. I've had everything from Bada, Windows variants, even the dreaded Apple. I'm coming from Android and have been dedicated since os 1.0. I haven't paid much attention to blackberry since before the pearl was released. One day I was talking to a friend of mine and he was like you really have try out this phone. He was really excited about the Z10 so I sold my beloved Nexus and got a Z10 of my own.

I had it in my hands for about 3 hours and I was ready to return it. Who in this day and age locks down apn settings?!! Anyhow, I headed over to Crackberry and the wealth of information convinced me to keep this phone for awhile.

I had the phone carrier unlocked, flashed a leaked rom that let me adjust settings, and installed Snap (love this app!!). My phone is now truly my own. Once I figure how to save my battery life and the nuances of the phone, I'll be set!

While I can't say I'm a convert, I can say that I see the evolution of BlackBerry. BB10 is a beautiful OS and truly needs to be given a test run to really appreciate it.

Thank Crackberry peeps for convincing me to keep this phone. Long live the forums!

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You might want to take a look at a few of the articles/help guides at these links:
    BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com
    BlackBerry 10 Help | CrackBerry.com

Your battery life will not be great for the first couple of days after installing the leak. Your device is indexing a lot of stuff. Also, I'd suggest going to Settings > Location Services and toggle off "Traffic Data Collection" Not sure that it's mentioned in the guides, and it does help.
    01-23-14 12:30 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and BlackBerry kmacsouris. Enjoy your stay!

Sent from what ever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    01-23-14 12:36 PM