Did a fresh wipe of my phone back to 10.0.1.90 and it's painfully slow, specifically in messaging. If I click on the text messaging tab and click compose it takes up to 5 seconds just for everything including the keyboard to load. Entering the contact is another story and searching for stuff also takes forever. Even scrolling through contacts slow.

My phone did not have this problem before running the same Os and I also tried restoring from a backup but the performance is still the same. Do I have to give it a few days before it gets better? Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 03:50 AM
    It is very likely re-indexing for universal search. This is likely why it is slow and, it may be using a lot of battery. Give it about 30 hours to see if it smooths out. I had the same issue when I went to 10.1. I added infinite email history on one of my email accounts and, I pretty sure it indexed all those new email messages.
    kingofthebraves likes this.
    05-21-13 05:22 AM
    It is very likely re-indexing for universal search. This is likely why it is slow and, it may be using a lot of battery. Give it about 30 hours to see if it smooths out. I had the same issue when I went to 10.1. I added infinite email history on one of my email accounts and, I pretty sure it indexed all those new email messages.
    I left it for like 6 hours and it's fast again weird. Now I'm trying to restore from my old backup and see if it does get fast again. I honestly do not like how qnx works and find it inferior to android when it comes to coding. Everything about qnx is slower especially on loading

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 09:11 AM
    Give it a few hours. Nothing works immediately when you do a fresh install+restore! It's annoying.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 09:27 AM
    Give it a few hours. Nothing works immediately when you do a fresh install+restore! It's annoying.

Posted via CB10
    Does this also happen when u install a leak? I found the leak horrendous and reverted ASAP lol. I got so used to android where everything was quick to load after flashing.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 10:16 AM
    It's entirely possible that things are as they were and you simply became accustomed to the increased responsiveness of the newer (leaked) OS. It wouldn't be the first time I thought something was fast or flashy until returning after having used something faster and wondering how I ever thought it was fast in the first place lol
    05-21-13 10:29 AM
    It's entirely possible that things are as they were and you simply became accustomed to the increased responsiveness of the newer (leaked) OS. It wouldn't be the first time I thought something was fast or flashy until returning after having used something faster and wondering how I ever thought it was fast in the first place lol
    I don't know about that. I just restored my phone again e hours ago and it still takes new messages 5 seconds to get the keyboard out. Another 5 seconds just for the number of the person I typed to appear.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 10:31 AM
    I don't know about that. I just restored my phone again e hours ago and it still takes new messages 5 seconds to get the keyboard out. Another 5 seconds just for the number of the person I typed to appear.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm that does sound a bit extreme even if the phone is still "settling in" as they say. It's obviously busy doing something though what I've no idea. They say to wait 24 hours for things to settle though honestly I've no clue why it would take that long, even if you have millions of emails to sync being that it only goes back 30 days anyway. Following that logic, however, do you have a lot of emails that contain large or large numbers of attachments? That could considerably slow down the initial sync process. I'm just guessing at this point, however.
    05-21-13 11:57 AM
    Hmm that does sound a bit extreme even if the phone is still "settling in" as they say. It's obviously busy doing something though what I've no idea. They say to wait 24 hours for things to settle though honestly I've no clue why it would take that long, even if you have millions of emails to sync being that it only goes back 30 days anyway. Following that logic, however, do you have a lot of emails that contain large or large numbers of attachments? That could considerably slow down the initial sync process. I'm just guessing at this point, however.
    From a backup restore I left it overnight and it was still slow in the morning. I have more than a thousand messages so that might be the cause but it would be disappointing to know that bb10 can't handle that. Right now my phones back to normal after a secure wipe on 10.0.1.90

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 04:42 AM