That is the way I go but some folks don't want the data on their sd card exposed. I try keeping private info (medical, similar) in the phone's INTERNAL memory and the phone is password protected (but not encrypted). I try keeping generic stuff on the card - pictures, music, general documents and pdf files, videos. And I try making sure whatever is on the card is also copied to appropriate folders on my computer.
    Exactly, this is the way to go.

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    04-05-15 04:47 AM
    hie iam havin z10 stl100-1 currently running on 10.2.1.3062 os i need to update to 10.3 kindly do help me in getting 10.3 update earlier i had an autoloader 10.3.1.997 which it has a lot of bugs in it missing of music icon picture ico as well as filemanger kindly suggest me the best one without any major issued
    04-05-15 05:11 AM
    Go here

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=943672

And here

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=927076

And give thanks to thurask and jaydee.

Ensure you choose the right autoloader for your phone though and make a backup of your phone before you use the autoloader.

Choose the version with the highest number available for your model of phone and make sure you use a 10.3.1 version as any 10.3.2 OS versions are not as yet official releases.

Enjoy

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    FF22 likes this.
    04-05-15 05:32 AM
    Don't encrypt your card and back up regularly. End of story.

Posted via CB10
    Wow.
    I beg to differ with that advice. Unencrypted card makes the data on it free for anyone (a nosy person, or the police during a stop) to take a quick look at anything there before you have time to do anything about it.
    Ok, I'll take the tin-foil hat off now. But it's just prudent to want to have at least a basic level of privacy, and having a password on your device and having the media card encrypted just seem like the responsible thing to do. You can create backups of the card even if it's encrypted.

Having a password and encrypted card should just be a basic precaution like not leaving your front door unlocked even if you live in a safe neighborhood. It doesn't matter if there's nothing "important" in your card, it's just about making sure your personal space is yours.

There is the "hassle" of decrypting the card before using an autoloader, but I have the phone do that while downloading the OS file.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2708 CB10
    04-11-15 11:53 AM
    jope,

Your reasons are sound. My tastes in music run mainly to the Classical. NSA can have at it!
    jope28 likes this.
    04-11-15 01:50 PM
    Wow.
    I beg to differ with that advice. Unencrypted card makes the data on it free for anyone (a nosy person, or the police during a stop) to take a quick look at anything there before you have time to do anything about it.
    Ok, I'll take the tin-foil hat off now. But it's just prudent to want to have at least a basic level of privacy, and having a password on your device and having the media card encrypted just seem like the responsible thing to do. You can create backups of the card even if it's encrypted.

Having a password and encrypted card should just be a basic precaution like not leaving your front door unlocked even if you live in a safe neighborhood. It doesn't matter if there's nothing "important" in your card, it's just about making sure your personal space is yours.

There is the "hassle" of decrypting the card before using an autoloader, but I have the phone do that while downloading the OS file.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2708 CB10
    I have nothing to hide on my card or phone....

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 02:12 PM
    I have nothing to hide on my card or phone....

Posted via CB10
    I have nothing to hide at home or in my pants, but just don't need anyone that looks down my crotch or looks towards my front door to see what's there lol
    I'm not saying that all ppl take pics or videos that should be private, but.... whateva lol

All in good fun, and I guess not what is practical/desirable for many here, but I really do think it's a good idea for me to encrypt the card.

Last edited by jope28; 04-11-15 at 02:34 PM.
    m3ach likes this.
    04-11-15 02:18 PM
    worked like a charm, thank you for the link.
    06-17-15 02:13 AM
33 12