If BlackBerry drops all touch,I will drop BlackBerry. I'm 70 and my intro to BlackBerry was the Storm series, 1,2 and the Torch 9850. I am very pleased with the Z10.
    04-13-14 09:53 AM
    If BlackBerry drops all touch,I will drop BlackBerry. I'm 70 and my intro to BlackBerry was the Storm series, 1,2 and the Torch 9850. I am very pleased with the Z10.
    I don't think they will ever drop the all touch. They can have the best of both worlds. (unfortunately) , touch screens is the way to go in today's world.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    04-13-14 09:56 AM
    I am sticking with BlackBerry and my 9900 for work but I also own a nexus 5 that I love.
    My typing is not as fast as on the BB but getting used to.
    And now that bb released bbm for android its easy to switch...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5
    04-13-14 09:59 AM
    They are not dropping touch market, they are just focusing on keyboard ones.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    04-13-14 10:02 AM
    Qwerty will be more appealing with a bigger screen.

? CB10 ?
    04-13-14 10:09 AM
    There is still a niche market for physical keyboards I hear it all the time from some of my customers. The way I see it is I think blackberry has a good plan for the classic device for that niche market and of course I think they will push forward with touchscreen devices too!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 10:25 AM
    Qwerty will be more appealing with a bigger screen.

? CB10 ?
    Imagine that!!!!....id be the first in line for that one!!!

Posted via CB10 with z10
    04-13-14 10:27 AM
    They are not dropping touch market, they are just focusing on keyboard ones.

So why bother saying anything and muddying the waters?
    04-13-14 10:28 AM
    Why do you say "unfortunately"? Most smartphone users no matter what the brand, are touch screen. I just think BlackBerry has the best and the Predictive keyboard is great!
    04-13-14 10:31 AM
    Im 31 and quite a big geek. Over the last few years Ive had and used in succession, the bold 9000, touch 9800 and then I bought iphone 5, Q10, Z30. The last 3 phones I still have and use. I also got a Z10 and a SGS3 for my fiancee which I maintain. Of all the devices I love my Q10 the most. Nothing beats it for work and messaging.

My point of telling you this is that I really think the keyboard is the way to go with BlackBerry.

Sure it wont capture the leadership in the global market again like it used to but it will be a very strong niche.

A good number of my friends who have used BlackBerries before but have now switched to android and apple have told me they would switch back to a keyboard if the screen is large enough and offers a decent feature set.

All it needs is a bigger screen and maybe a different screen rario (especially for android app compatibility and also to have better app layouts) and slightly better specs.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    I've used both keyboard & touch BlackBerry devices, and I love both.

I would go back to a keyboard device if they made one with a decent sized screen. I've gotten used to the screen real estate, but I do still love the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    04-13-14 12:39 PM
    I don't want to carry around a keyboard, I want screen real-estate. I had keyboard with my old Nokia candy bar phone. BlackBerry touch phones offer a keyboard you can make disappear at will so you can see all the picture.
    04-13-14 01:00 PM
    So why bother saying anything and muddying the waters?
    Because they want to focus on physical keyboard phones for a while.

And you know why I don't mind that? Because I got Z30 and a two year contract. Z50 is not coming out until my contract is almost up.

04-13-14 01:48 PM
    I know that's the conventional wisdom, but you're not thinking it through. As I said above, they're more expensive to design, build, and support. I'd guess that a slider built to the same specs as the Z30 would need to cost 30% more just for BB to break even.

Now, the more complex case brings another big problem: less room for battery. This means that the handset could stand to be made even bigger and heavier just to accommodate one with decent capacity.

The two biggest complaints I've seen about BB10 are 1) too expensive and 2) meh battery. A slider would add "massive weight and size" to that.

Better for them to do some Typo-like addon or a case with a slider.
    Yes...there Are a lot of all touch sliders...and they may not have to make 2 phones at a time aka profit

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 10:04 PM
    I've used both keyboard & touch BlackBerry devices, and I love both.

I would go back to a keyboard device if they made one with a decent sized screen. I've gotten used to the screen real estate, but I do still love the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    That is why a slide would be a great idea

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 10:06 PM
    Well as a "young and immature" 63 year old, I switched from a 9810 to a Z10 because I wanted the newest and the best. I will not go back to a physical keyboard because I can type quicker and more accurately on my virtual keyboard. I really like the larger screen real estate over the smaller screens on the Q10 and the Q5 and the legacy 9800 and 9810 devices. Size does matter in certain instances and this is one of those times.

So this "young and immature" soon to be 64 year old is sold on the all touch phone.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    You, like the other gent, missed it all. What you think is the best doesn't mean it is for other people. It's all opinion and relative. And, just because it is new doesn't automatically make it best, which is why I said there is room for all kinds of devices - different devices and features for different uses.

Glad you are enjoying the Z10 but more importantly, glad you're enjoying BlackBerry.

emPowered by ?
    Sean Fanelli likes this.
    04-14-14 08:39 PM
    From what I can see the main problem is how can you develop a touchscreen and non touchscreen version of an app, that's asking a Dev to essentially create two apps?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 06:48 PM
    I don't think physical keyboard is outdated, but I do enjoy my z10 and the next blackberry full touch flagship will be my choice

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 03:08 AM
    I'm pro choice and I hope a slide our qwerty will come soon. This can help solve the fragmentation issue of having two screen ratios.

Posted via my Z10
    04-18-14 05:03 AM
    I'm pro choice and I hope a slide our qwerty will come soon. This can help solve the fragmentation issue of having two screen ratios.

Posted via my Z10
    The problem is that BlackBerry is fighting to survive. If they fragment their device product line by adding hardware variations then resources also need to be fragmented to support the variety. BlackBerry's resources have been significantly reduced so they need to have a laser focus on the products and services that sell. They must simplify and consolidate to best leverage the resources still available to them.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 08:59 AM
    Yes!!!! A z10 successor please. That phone is the perfect size.

Z20 concepts please

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-18-14 09:25 AM

Z20 concepts please

I wouldn't mind something bigger if it came with a higher resolution screen.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    04-18-14 11:19 AM

Z20 concepts please

Ya something like a Z10i ha ha ha
    I'm definitely getting the next flagship all touch, Z30 looks real excellent thou

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 10:44 PM
    Z30 does look great but I am still after a one handed phone. I think even Apple's iphone six 4.7 (?) is getting a lil too big.

Phablets will be the joke of this generation

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 07:19 PM
    I really just hope the Z50 will have the expandable memory added back. I need my SD card...

Edit:
    Found myself wrong. Happily. Might be getting a Z30 after all!

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    Last edited by Septembersrain#AC; 04-25-14 at 05:19 AM.
    04-24-14 07:43 PM
    BlackBerry is trying to convert Legacy users to BB10. That's why they're launching a 9900ish device which use BB10 software.

I can't believe how many people I still see (in Canada) who still use Curves, Torches, and 9900's. They know about Blackberry's new phones (trust me, you can't live in Canada during 2013 - and missed that BB was launching new products) but can't live without their keyboard & trackpad.

A certain segment of the population loves touchscreen phones … others love the original hardware of Blackberry. Just like some people only buy automatic vehicles, while others prefer driving stick shift.

The car manufacture will always continue to produce both. Why can't Blackberry?

I don't understand why this new model can't be interpreted as a refinement of the Q10 lineup?
    Last edited by 2cats1dog; 04-24-14 at 09:53 PM.
    FF22 and BigBrownBirdDog like this.
    04-24-14 09:42 PM
125 ... 345