I love my Z10 as well. It would take an amazing qwerty BlackBerry with at least the screen real estate of the Z10 to even consider leaving my all touch device.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    04-08-14 06:23 PM
    I prefer touch screen, I do not want a physical keyboard. If BlackBerry stops making touch screen devices I will be forced away from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 06:24 PM
    Predictions in BlackBerry 's keyboard are so accurate that I will never go back to physical keys.

From my Z10.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-08-14 06:25 PM
    I hope they keep making both touch and qwerty, there's no harm in doing both.

"Remember"ing is boring, try "Dayly for BB10"
    FF22 and acovey like this.
    04-08-14 06:26 PM
    As long as the Z3 sells decently well I dont think BlackBerry will stop making full tough phones.

But I do think physical keyboards is the way to go for 2014 (just for now) until they stabilise hardware sales.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-08-14 06:29 PM
    I'd consider a slider again (I used a 9810 heavily, but the keys were too small and stiff), but would never go for a screen smaller than the Z10's. I understand the value of predictability of typing on large keys, but hope that BB Ltd will continue to make at least one mid-high-end all-touchscreen of at least 4.7".
    acovey likes this.
    04-08-14 06:45 PM
    Blackberry won't give up on the all touch. They want to please consumers they will do what it takes to make money. Yes physical keyboards r there thing but not everyone can use one to its best. Plus don't forget the keyboard on the Z10 is best in class

Posted via CB10 2B9B56E1
    acovey likes this.
    04-08-14 06:49 PM
    I'm more than pleased with the new all touch BlackBerry. They need to make keyboard devices as well but not alienate touch users at the same time. I love the touch screen and really don't want to go back to a physical keyboard and lose screen size.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 07:47 PM
    What made BlackBerry BlackBerry. Keyboards and real time email. Going to a all touch will destroy them. I love keyboards and that is why I came back to BlackBerry.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    Keyboards did make BlackBerry, BlackBerry. It also destroyed them as a company and sent them down the road to financial ruin and irrelevance.

I think they need to keep keyboards as an option but they need to realize that touch is what people want.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    04-08-14 08:08 PM
    What destroyed them is the screen size. If they made a phone with a big enough screen and keypad there wouldn't be a problem. Also the camera was aproblem. The 9900 was the last flagship one that was made for a while and during that time, others came out with much better cameras. Blackberry rested for too long on their laurels and are paying the price for it.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    04-08-14 08:16 PM
    I would hope they'd accommodate both users, seems to be the smart direction to go, to me.
    Have to agree Burger! Although I think they are right about driving new clients, it's not the touch screen BlackBerry that was unsuccessful it was their marketing. Don't know if I would go back to a qwerty.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    04-08-14 08:17 PM
    What destroyed them is the screen size. If they made a phone with a big enough screen and keypad there wouldn't be a problem. Also the camera was aproblem. The 9900 was the last flagship one that was made for a while and during that time, others came out with much better cameras. Blackberry rested for too long on their laurels and are paying the price for it.

Posted via CB10
    Ya, I'd agree with that in part. The advantage of the full touch is the screen size. When not typing the screen size is maximized.

I think that is what most people are looking for. I was a massive keyboard guy. Then I got the Z10. I'll likely never go back to a keyboard.

04-08-14 08:32 PM
    Just because a phone has a physical keyboard it doesn't mean it's outdated or useless. Sure, to the young and immature folk who believe that "new" is the be all to all things created, they might be considered as such. In reality, however, there is a purpose and use for such devices and features. There is room for all kinds of devices and options for those capable of making such decisions for themselves.

In my opinion, the all touch devices are more about watching videos and playing games than anything else - the last thing I want to do is strain my eyes for hours watching a movie on my phone. I don't like carrying a brick in my pocket (higher risk of breaking) nor holding a book to my face when I talk on the phone. So yeah, the Q10 is an ideal device for me and several other people out there. Why should we suffer for the drones who follow along and accept everything corporate America tells us what we want?

EDIT

Physical keyboard didn't kill them. Their lack of keeping up with the times - OS look, feel, features, etc., and certainly their lack of marketing. Even BB10 was said to be too little too late when it came out. Yes, having a touch phone made it better for some. Lack of development was a huge hit against BlackBerry.

emPowered by ?
    acovey likes this.
    04-08-14 08:44 PM
    Touchscreen only with BlackBerry. My Z10 flies on that keyboard. They have to keep it going!

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-08-14 08:59 PM
    For the people who love the Z10 and still want a full physical keyboard but don't want to give up on the full touch. Would u use a typo like case keyboard made by BlackBerry??

Posted via CB10 2B9B56E1
    04-08-14 09:35 PM
    Just because a phone has a physical keyboard it doesn't mean it's outdated or useless. Sure, to the young and immature folk who believe that "new" is the be all to all things created, they might be considered as such. In reality, however, there is a purpose and use for such devices and features. There is room for all kinds of devices and options for those capable of making such decisions for themselves.
    So everyone who has a touch device is young and immature? And it's only the young and immature who want new cutting edge technology?

I guess that's most people on earth then.

CerveloJohn likes this.
    04-08-14 09:54 PM
    Touch screen is the future

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 10:26 PM
    So everyone who has a touch device is young and immature? And it's only the young and immature who want new cutting edge technology?

I guess that's most people on earth then.

No. Just those who think that just because you don't accept and jump on the "new" band wagon you don't embrace advancement. Just because it's new doesn't make it great or better.

Read.

emPowered by ?
    04-08-14 10:28 PM
    No. Just those who think that just because you don't accept and jump on the "new" band wagon you don't embrace advancement. Just because it's new doesn't make it great or better.

Read.

emPowered by ?
    I did read. You're not clear.

04-08-14 10:32 PM
    I did read. You're not clear.

It was clear

emPowered by ?
    04-08-14 10:48 PM
    It was clear

emPowered by ?
    Perhaps I'm too young to understand. Lol

04-08-14 11:06 PM
    For the people who love the Z10 and still want a full physical keyboard but don't want to give up on the full touch. Would u use a typo like case keyboard made by BlackBerry??

Posted via CB10 2B9B56E1
    It's a good idea, not sure if BlackBerry could get away with producing it as Typo might take them to court for stealing their idea?

Personally I would much prefer a slider as I think a Typo type case would add too much bulk.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    04-09-14 01:39 PM

In my opinion, the all touch devices are more about watching videos and playing games than anything else - the last thing I want to do is strain my eyes for hours watching a movie on my phone. I don't like carrying a brick in my pocket (higher risk of breaking) nor holding a book to my face when I talk on the phone. So yeah, the Q10 is an ideal device for me and several other people out there. Why should we suffer for the drones who follow along and accept everything corporate America tells us what we want?

EDIT

Physical keyboard didn't kill them. Their lack of keeping up with the times - OS look, feel, features, etc., and certainly their lack of marketing. Even BB10 was said to be too little too late when it came out. Yes, having a touch phone made it better for some. Lack of development was a huge hit against BlackBerry.

emPowered by ?
    Well as a "young and immature" 63 year old, I switched from a 9810 to a Z10 because I wanted the newest and the best. I will not go back to a physical keyboard because I can type quicker and more accurately on my virtual keyboard. I really like the larger screen real estate over the smaller screens on the Q10 and the Q5 and the legacy 9800 and 9810 devices. Size does matter in certain instances and this is one of those times.

So this "young and immature" soon to be 64 year old is sold on the all touch phone.

Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-09-14 02:58 PM
    Well as a "young and immature" 63 year old, I switched from a 9810 to a Z10 because I wanted the newest and the best. I will not go back to a physical keyboard because I can type quicker and more accurately on my virtual keyboard. I really like the larger screen real estate over the smaller screens on the Q10 and the Q5 and the legacy 9800 and 9810 devices. Size does matter in certain instances and this is one of those times.

So this "young and immature" soon to be 64 year old is sold on the all touch phone.

Well, then shouldn't you change your ID here to OLD-Collector? Older than you but I have trouble editing, that is cursor placement confounds me. I do appreciate the screen size. But I don't think the Q10 adds anything as far as cursor movement. For that I will need the new device with the trackpad.
    2cats1dog and acovey like this.
    04-09-14 07:05 PM

Read.

emPowered by ?
    I don't use a full-touch phone because it's "new". They've actually been around for a while now.

For me (personally) it's better because I find I can actually type faster on the excellent touch keyboard and the larger screen is useful for me both for web browsing and for looking at pictures/video.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    04-09-14 08:18 PM
125 1234 ...