I work in the Financial District, I saw one the other week but other than that it's pretty much 9900's and iPhones.( I have a Z10)
    ezapper2 likes this.
    04-23-13 11:18 AM
    ^^^this^^^ BB marketing sux,,, playbook part duex as far as that's concerned,,, they said they were going to spend all kinds of $$$ on marketing,,, i'm thinkin' they p!ssed it all away on formula 1,,, they need to can their marketing guy along w/ their ad agency & hire me,,, I'LL get the job done...
    I seriously think you live on a different planet. The marketing has taken a huge turn.

For example. Here in Toronto Canada advertising posters are everywhere. That's all I ever see now. When I watch hockey games I see the z10 commercial about 25 times in one game. On Facebook my feed is spammed with awesome blackberry ads and promos. This goes far beyond what I see. Etc. Twitter, linked, foursquare...

In the US they spent 3 million on the superbowl commercial. That's says alot... everything else will pick up eventually.

So do I make a strong case?

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    04-23-13 03:56 PM
    the rumors are correct, BB have sold about 1 million units to North America spread right across Canada and the US, and the chances that you will see a large concentration in any one area is not going to be high.
    Let's be careful about numbers as this is how the rumours get spread. Thank you for pointing out the rumours thing BTW. As of March 3rd, they shipped 1 million units. They've since had an order for a million with a specific partner and launched in a bunch of countries. Chances are that the shipments and the sellthrough are now in the 'several millions'.
    04-23-13 04:38 PM
    ^^^this^^^ BB marketing sux,,, playbook part duex as far as that's concerned,,, they said they were going to spend all kinds of $$$ on marketing,,, i'm thinkin' they p!ssed it all away on formula 1,,, they need to can their marketing guy along w/ their ad agency & hire me,,, I'LL get the job done...
    Then go submit your resume. Talk is cheap! :-) [email protected]
    04-23-13 04:39 PM
    I'm a proud Z10 owner from Brooklyn. Most of my friends have either Apple or Android though. I also see people with older devices.

Trying to get people to give BlackBerry another look can be very challenging, because most people are brainwashed by the Media to think that BlackBerry is dead.

Even when I showed them my device, even though they're impressed, they still have a hard time understanding and believing that BlackBerry is back.

I would love more than anything to see more Z10 devices on the street. Nothing would make me happier. :-)

I'll just have to keep promoting my Z10 and showing it off. Maybe that will help a bit.

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Z10
    04-23-13 05:52 PM
    I've yet to see one either but my friends have taken noticed. When I demo, they seem to think it's cool.

I agree with some others, me personally, I hate having the same thing as everyone else. Like BB states, they don't want to dominate the market, they just want to be in the game. If the Z10 made it to everyone's hands, I'd probably get something else lol.

Posted via CB10
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    04-23-13 06:38 PM
    I'm a proud Z10 owner from Brooklyn. Most of my friends have either Apple or Android though. I also see people with older devices.

Trying to get people to give BlackBerry another look can be very challenging, because most people are brainwashed by the Media to think that BlackBerry is dead.

Even when I showed them my device, even though they're impressed, they still have a hard time understanding and believing that BlackBerry is back.

I would love more than anything to see more Z10 devices on the street. Nothing would make me happier. :-)

I'll just have to keep promoting my Z10 and showing it off. Maybe that will help a bit.

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Z10
    It will definitely help but it will take a year or 2 before you start seeing everyone with one in their hands

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    04-23-13 06:55 PM
    I live in LA and haven't seen any other Z10's in the wild. I have seen many 9900's though

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 07:39 PM
    I think this is one of the mayor reason we will not see the BB z10 in hands out there.
    How are people suppose to know theres a new BB ?? Its all about iOS and Android on every carrier website.
    Its marketing sucks and thats sad.
    I Have Still Yet to See Anyone With a Z10 in NYC...-tmobilez10.jpg
    angieberry10 likes this.
    04-23-13 07:47 PM
    I'm in Ottawa Canada and have only seen one other Z10 shortly after I picked up the phone on February 5th. Guy went on about how he didn't really like it because it wasn't like hus old BlackBerry and it didn't have this app and why can't have a home button blah blah blah.

I simply said, hey its not for everyone but I would have did a little more research about the baker before bitting into the cake! He looked at me with a bewildered look and kinda shut up.

The next day I'm on a BIG RED, for those of you that live in Ottawa that's an OC Bus! I'm on my phone and this lady takes out her ear phones and says is that the new BlackBerry? I say yes while she continues to eye it down while nodding her head in approval. Of course I couldn't help myself and processed to show her a hightlight reel of Z10 awesomeness!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    04-23-13 08:20 PM
    Relax guys there's loads of z10s out there.
    I use a protective case on mine so it's not so obvious..for onlookers to recognise its a BB.
    I've seen a few on the streets and public transport too in Central London.
    Also I had a lunchtime chat 2 weeks ago with a guy asking for a light, in Regents park..I spotted his black z10 straight away.
    His mate rocking a S3 felt totally put out though, ( and yeah it felt good)..when he tried to chip in, that the S3 was the BESTPHONE out there, duh! he got a resounding..No! from us both.
    If you commute daily you'll come across them.
    It just takes time, I was worried as hell myself when I couldn't spot any other users but sure enough the z10s are popping up.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:53 PM
    I live in Edmonton, I have customers in Fort McMurray with Z10's, customers in Saskatoon too. A young salesperson at the Virgin store in Bonnie Doon Mall has one, and she was gushing over hers. I have a clear and white Poetic case for mine, so the logo on the back is visible :-)
    04-23-13 09:09 PM
    What? Haven't you seen me walking around Manhattan showing off my phone? Placing it on the table in meetings so every time I have a notification everyone stares at my Z10?

Posted via CB10
    Newfangled Gizmo, Eli_B and j1m0h like this.
    04-23-13 09:09 PM
    I have not seen one in the wild in my city and I know for a fact thousands have been sold here by rogers, bell, Telus and koodo.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-23-13 09:21 PM
    I'm in queens go to city all the time. I have one.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:33 PM
    I go to Knicks games and sit in those seats behind the courtside seats and I see plenty of suits with bolds.. I am seeing more Galaxys out there lately, then I am Iphones. I actually saw someone like 2 months ago with a SIDEKICK. Talk about old school.
    04-24-13 05:30 AM
    I literally seen my first two in the wild yesterday. The two guys behind me at the Subway in Belleville, ON!!

Lol i was in Toronton and Whitby all weekend and didn't see one!! LOL and see two in a row in Belleville.
    04-24-13 05:37 AM
    People need to remember that roughly 19 out of every 20 (assuming they are eligible after 20 months) smartphone users are tied to a contract and aren't in the market for any smartphone right now. Out of the 1in 20 that are even in the market, BlackBerry would be happy and successful with 1 out of every 10 of them getting a Z10. That is 1 out of every 200 smartphone users having a Z10, and that would be a huge success for BlackBerry.

Posted via Z10
    04-24-13 05:48 AM
    I live in Queens, NY, I work with and around a lot of people and I see mostly iPhones and Androids, but more iPhones than any other phone. Have not seen one Z10 yet either. I am still surprised to see a lot of people still using their dumbphones. However, occasionally I do see people using older versions of Blackberry.
    04-24-13 06:42 AM
    I live in lower Manhattan and so far I've seen only one person with a z10. I see iphones and android phones about the same. For android, mostly GS3.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    04-24-13 07:32 AM
95 ... 234