I'm from Queens and have yet to meet or see someone else with a Z10 in their hands...
    04-22-13 11:24 AM
    Well, a little math:

Z10 has been out for about a month in the US.

NYC population: 8.2m

A quick web search says that about half of americans have smart phones. (4.1m new yorkers)

Most people upgrade every 2 years. On average, 1/24 of people will upgrade in any 1 month period. (~171000 new yorkers per month)

Blackberry market share is around 5%. (8550 new yorkers buy a new bb per month. )

Land area of NYC is 468 square miles. (~18 new yorkers per square mile buy a new bb in a month)

As time goes, you'll likely see more...
    lwaysluking, xpowers and ramaputra like this.
    04-22-13 11:25 AM
    I have 7 friends besides myself with the z10 even tried the NFC bbm exchange. I'm here in Toronto though. A few more I know are holding out for the q10.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-22-13 11:26 AM
    I'm in NYC as well and was just thinking the exact same thing the other day. Although, about two weeks ago, I was sitting on the F train and, for the first time ever, everyone who was sitting on my bench, BlackBerry phones outnumbered iPhones. 4 Bolds and 1 Z10(mine).
    04-22-13 11:31 AM
    Haven't seen any in Chicago either.
    04-22-13 11:36 AM
    You said 8 million people in NYC. So how many of them you have met? And also, many people on the street in NYC are tourists. The BB Z10 just released, probably not even in their home country. Anyways, anecdotal evidence carries little case if anything all in such discussion. And NYC's smart phone market aren't better than any other markets. San Francisco is better case to start.
    Title is pretty much self explanatory. I live in Manhattan, and there's a population of 8 million people in NYC. I'm out a lot, in the streets, subways, etc, and I ALWAYS check out what phone people are using and have yet to ever see anyone with a z10. In fact, the only time I've ever seen them are in the Verizon stores went I've gone in and at the Crackberry party a few weeks back. For a city that's pretty advanced and ahead of the curve, I figured I'd be seeing these a lot more often. I have no idea what it means, but what do you think?
    04-22-13 11:41 AM
    I live in Houston, TX (fourth largest city in the US, 2.1 million people) & I've seen several out in the wild. When I bought mine on April 1st (the day of my upgrade,) it was the last one they had in stock at that store & 2 other stores were already sold out.
    04-22-13 12:11 PM
    Title is pretty much self explanatory. I live in Manhattan, and there's a population of 8 million people in NYC. I'm out a lot, in the streets, subways, etc, and I ALWAYS check out what phone people are using and have yet to ever see anyone with a z10. In fact, the only time I've ever seen them are in the Verizon stores went I've gone in and at the Crackberry party a few weeks back. For a city that's pretty advanced and ahead of the curve, I figured I'd be seeing these a lot more often. I have no idea what it means, but what do you think?
    It's actually quite simple, I was in NYC recently and was advised not to take out my Z10 in public as it will get stolen.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:23 PM
    someday if you run into me lol i haven't seen one either. i work in downtown manhattan.
    04-22-13 12:23 PM
    I've only seen 1 guy on the train here in Vancouver, and the other guy with a Z10 is a friend of mine.
    04-22-13 12:28 PM
    I live in Brooklyn ny and I met one person on the subway with a z10 & a guy at my job has one i don't expect to see em in droves though maybe in a year or so

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:30 PM
    I haven't seen one myself. I live in Delaware (i know) but I frequent Philly and still have yet to see 1 person with one. I've been looking because I wanted to ask them what they think about it.
    04-22-13 12:32 PM
    Last edited by mjasondavis; 08-08-13 at 11:38 AM.
    xpowers likes this.
    04-22-13 12:42 PM
    Wait till the Q10 is released then you will see ALOT

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:16 PM
    NYC is advanced and ahead of the curve?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:19 PM
    because I keep prying eyes away from my electronic gadgets when on the subway , always a mugger looking for an opportunity , you would never know what type of phone I'm using unless I deliberately showed you
    04-22-13 01:56 PM
    You said 8 million people in NYC. So how many of them you have met? And also, many people on the street in NYC are tourists. The BB Z10 just released, probably not even in their home country. Anyways, anecdotal evidence carries little case if anything all in such discussion. And NYC's smart phone market aren't better than any other markets. San Francisco is better case to start.
    Uh, this doesn't really make any sense. I come across hundreds if not a thousand people daily just walking around in my neighborhood or traveling on multiple subway lines to/from work. I know where the tourist areas are, and you can usually easily pick out who the tourists are. I live in the upper east side, not a tourist area at all. Also, I don't think many tourists are doing the morning commute....

It makes perfect sense to me. I'm a sneaker head also, so I'm very observant when it comes to noticing who's rocking the latest Jordans or whatever. So I applied the same thing to cell phones. Makes perfect sense to me.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    04-22-13 02:11 PM
    It's actually quite simple, I was in NYC recently and was advised not to take out my Z10 in public as it will get stolen.

Posted via CB10
    That's very ignorant actually. Go on a subway train, you'll see over 50% of the people with a phone out or some mp3 player or even a tablet. It's extremely common. Now if you're alone late at night on a subway train, then it's a different story.
    04-22-13 02:12 PM
    NYC is advanced and ahead of the curve?

Posted via CB10
    Of course it is, trends start in NYC.
    04-22-13 02:13 PM
    erinnm? no word from her yet...
    04-22-13 02:13 PM
    Kelowna BC and Penticton BC, Motley Crue concert on the weekend, many, many in the wild. Talked to 3 people in line-up, got to play with another gals while walking to the venue. They are getting out there, and I anticipiate with the release of the Q10 the volumes will swell.
    04-22-13 02:15 PM
    To be honest most phones look similar. I showed my phone to a friend and only until he was holding it in his hand did he realise it wasn?t the iphone 5.

You have probably seen more than you think just not realised.

Also there are only going to be about 2 million scattered all over the globe so is natural not to see It everywhere

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:26 PM
    To be honest most phones look similar. I showed my phone to a friend and only until he was holding it in his hand did he realise it wasn?t the iphone 5.

You have probably seen more than you think just not realised.

Also there are only going to be about 2 million scattered all over the globe so is natural not to see It everywhere

Posted via CB10
    Believe it or not, I always think this as well. I have to stare at the phone a few seconds to try to determine what it is because they do look similiar
    04-22-13 02:39 PM
    For those who are saying "There's too many people in NYC, you wouldn't know." We aren't saying we aren't seeing people take Z10s out of their pockets and using them. We're saying when we are checking out people's devices (everyone does it) on the train (because many many people have theirs out reading, playing games, choosing music etc), those devices we are seeing are not Z10s.

But to be fair I used to do the iPhone 4 or 5 check and not as many people as I would have thought had the iPhone 5 either. You can tell because the iPhone 5 jack is on the bottom and the 4 is on top. And no I'm not looking for a tiny jack. Nearly everyone is listening to music and you can see where the cord is coming from.

Funny story though
    I was on the train the other day and I had my headphones on and this girl tapped me and I thought "Here it is...someone is about to ask about my Z10". So she says "I don't mean to be nosy all in your phone but...I see you have a picture of jesse boykins iii there. are you a fan too?" sigh. He's a singer that I mange and I was chatting with him on whatsapp. She must have been looking pretty hard to see that teeny tiny profile picture. I'd like to think she wanted to ask me about my phone but got sidetracked by jesse. Yeah...I'm gonna go with that theory.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:48 PM
    I went to the Ottawa Washington hockey game a few days back and we saw tones of people proudly caring the Z10 on their hands made me just as proud.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:54 PM
95 1234