Well that's not true I have seen like 20 just in Washington Heightz 10 my friend has it.
    04-22-13 03:36 PM
    BlackBerry needs to kick up the marketing though because most consumers have a poor opinion of the brand still.
    This

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 03:54 PM
    I have a limited radius, living and working in the same Manhattan neighbourhood, and I rarely go to coffee shops, so it's not surprising that I haven't yet seen another Z10 in the wild.

My device gets noticed, though.

A waiter in a restaurant asked me to demonstrate my Z10--he said he currently uses an iphone, but is a tech enthusiast in general.

A high school kid on a bus recognised my phone as "the new BlackBerry" and loudly announced to her friends that she intended to get one.

I heard a guy tell his lady friend "It's the new BlackBerry" when I used my Z10 near them. Their conversation prior to that was about the Galaxy S4.

This is all new to me. I'm not accustomed to people expressing such interest in my BBs :-)

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    pirerman likes this.
    04-22-13 04:13 PM
    That's very ignorant actually. Go on a subway train, you'll see over 50% of the people with a phone out or some mp3 player or even a tablet. It's extremely common. Now if you're alone late at night on a subway train, then it's a different story.
    I'm not sure why you would say that's ignorant, besides that it's not nice to say to someone, are you saying that just because many people use their gadgets on the subway they don't get stolen?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 05:18 PM
    Title is pretty much self explanatory. I live in Manhattan, and there's a population of 8 million people in NYC. I'm out a lot, in the streets, subways, etc, and I ALWAYS check out what phone people are using and have yet to ever see anyone with a z10. In fact, the only time I've ever seen them are in the Verizon stores went I've gone in and at the Crackberry party a few weeks back. For a city that's pretty advanced and ahead of the curve, I figured I'd be seeing these a lot more often. I have no idea what it means, but what do you think?
    Perhaps if it was launched with a competitive price we would see more of them out there..I mean the Lumia 920 was launched at $99 and the Z10 that mainly compete against it and has pretty much the same specs is $100 higher on contract and $150 unlocked.
    04-22-13 05:39 PM
    I'm not sure why you would say that's ignorant, besides that it's not nice to say to someone, are you saying that just because many people use their gadgets on the subway they don't get stolen?
    Posted via CB10
    They're saying that assuming that New York City is so dangerous that you can't use your phone on the subway is ignorant. And it is in the truest, literal sense of the word.
    04-22-13 10:59 PM
    They're afraid someone will steal it! LOL!
    From New York, so I can say this! LMAO!
    04-22-13 11:02 PM
    You know we live in this culture now where people are waiting to hear about when the next iPhone is coming; not when the next great smartphone is coming. Samsung, BlackBerry, HTC... that doesn't generally make the 5:00 news unless its company related, not device related. But let there be even a rumor of a new iPhone or Apple device and it's the teaser and the news feature.

It would really be a waste of money and resources for BlackBerry to come as hard as Apple has for this. Their money will be better spent quietly and efficiently building a strong steady audience until they find themselves back on top.
    Drayk and lwaysluking like this.
    04-22-13 11:04 PM
    They're afraid someone will steal it! LOL!
    From New York, so I can say this! LMAO!
    See...I'm not the only one

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-22-13 11:05 PM
    I'm say be happy about it.

Once upon a time we were always trying to get the phone that no one else had, now everyone has the exact same phone...gay.

I like showing off my different phone and transform case. Pple actually get jealous

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    04-22-13 11:08 PM
    I have yet to see someone with the z10 either and I'm from the Tri state area. It's unfortunate since this phone is awesome if people would give it a chance and also if BlackBerry stepped it up in marketing.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:44 PM
    I use a Z10. If that counts :/

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:50 PM
    I hope BB is never as popular again....seriously....I have real "bandwagon" issues....damn it I'm a rebel! lol
    04-22-13 11:53 PM
    I'm say be happy about it.

Once upon a time we were always trying to get the phone that no one else had, now everyone has the exact same phone...gay.

I like showing off my different phone and transform case. Pple actually get jealous
    EXACTLY....+1
    ezapper2 likes this.
    04-22-13 11:55 PM
    I have yet to see someone with the z10 either and I'm from the Tri state area. It's unfortunate since this phone is awesome if people would give it a chance and also if BlackBerry stepped it up in marketing.

Posted via CB10
    Verizon is running TV and radio ads for the Z10 in the New York market. I've seen print ads too, but I don't remember the carrier.
    04-22-13 11:58 PM
    In NYC? I m not sure. I am sure that I haven't seen one who carry the Z10 in Yangon City, Republic of the Union of Myanmar where there is no blackberry store, no BIS, no BES. But I am crazy in BB and I have used curve 8520, bold 9900 and z10 which can't even set up bcoz of country region. But I am a bb fan. Will see a z10 in YGN. It is me. No other. Thanks.
    DawnMills likes this.
    04-23-13 04:42 AM
    I'm also happy with it.
    So many people with the same Iphone, so, be the only one with Z10 make the difference.

When I travel by plane, I have a look of the co-travellers phones. I can tell 40 % Iphone's, 30% Blackberry, 20 % Android and 10 % for other (Nokia generaly).
    I will be happy to meet people with Z10, but I will also loose this difference...
    04-23-13 06:58 AM
    I always see people with iPhones, and it bothers me because if they'd just try out the z10 I'm sure they'd like it more. I wonder if NYC is just being slow to adapt or maybe nobody even knows about it yet.
    you know what they say, you can lead a dog to water but you can not make them drink.

i live downtown Toronto and i see about 10 a day. i would say a huge chunk of my co-workers are switching - we are lawyers - and i find a bunch with iphone 5's who are thinking about buying outright since they wasted their device upgrade on the ip5.

i have progressively seen more since i adopted day after release in Canada.
    04-23-13 07:53 AM
    Live in the Upper East Side. I am always on the lookout and often on the subways (N, Q, R trains) and have not seen a single Z10 in the wild.

I travel a lot for work and have never seen a Z10 in the U.S., the UK, Sweden or Ireland. I have seen BB7 devices in the UK and sometimes in the U.S. I have also seen lots of BB7 devices in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:15 AM
    Think I'll take a weekend in May and spend it in Manhattan. Will add 2 Z10s to the temporary population on the island. I will probably bring a third person with an iPhone though.
    04-23-13 08:55 AM
    I'm with you. When it gets too popular, it is time to move on. With BlackBerry that may never happen. As long as they sell enough to stay in business and attract enough developers, I'll be happen.
    I'm in this category, as well.... but I won't be moving on. I love being the underdog. I seriously think the Z10 and future devices like it will slowly take off.
    04-23-13 09:48 AM
    Y all have too big expectations thinking that after only a month the world is going to buy a phone off contract.... say this in a year!
    04-23-13 10:05 AM
    They're saying that assuming that New York City is so dangerous that you can't use your phone on the subway is ignorant. And it is in the truest, literal sense of the word.
    I mean you just have to be smart. It's not like the subway system is so dangerous that you have to be afraid to take out a cell phone. If you're on a packed subway, with 100 other people in your car, you really think someone is gonna swipe your phone right out of your hand? I'd be more concerned about a wallet in the back pocket. Just have to be aware of your surroundings, certain lines are more dangerous and so are certain areas.
    04-23-13 10:20 AM
    Y all have too big expectations thinking that after only a month the world is going to buy a phone off contract.... say this in a year!
    I never said the world, but in over a month of coming across thousands of people, I figured I'd see at least one. That's the point of this topic.
    04-23-13 10:22 AM
    I always see people with iPhones, and it bothers me because if they'd just try out the z10 I'm sure they'd like it more. I wonder if NYC is just being slow to adapt or maybe nobody even knows about it yet.
    ^^^this^^^ BB marketing sux,,, playbook part duex as far as that's concerned,,, they said they were going to spend all kinds of $$$ on marketing,,, i'm thinkin' they p!ssed it all away on formula 1,,, they need to can their marketing guy along w/ their ad agency & hire me,,, I'LL get the job done...
    04-23-13 10:38 AM
95 1234