Title is pretty much self explanatory. I live in Manhattan, and there's a population of 8 million people in NYC. I'm out a lot, in the streets, subways, etc, and I ALWAYS check out what phone people are using and have yet to ever see anyone with a z10. In fact, the only time I've ever seen them are in the Verizon stores went I've gone in and at the Crackberry party a few weeks back. For a city that's pretty advanced and ahead of the curve, I figured I'd be seeing these a lot more often. I have no idea what it means, but what do you think?
    icheissesatch likes this.
    04-22-13 07:55 AM
    Don't worry too much.

I live about 2 hours from BlackBerry HQ and I have only ever seen one other Z10 in the wild.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:57 AM
    Me too. I was in the Toronto area for a couple days, mostly in a conference room with the same 25 people, but at the airport and lunch yesterday I saw about a dozen Z10s. In NYC for the past month, none.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:57 AM
    I live in Midtown. I own one. I actually ran into a guy at the AT&T store that had one as well. He was very excited about it.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:04 AM
    I always see people with iPhones, and it bothers me because if they'd just try out the z10 I'm sure they'd like it more. I wonder if NYC is just being slow to adapt or maybe nobody even knows about it yet.
    04-22-13 08:09 AM
    None on the MTA subways, buses and commuter rails. Same goes to the streets in the five boroughs. I've seen more iPhone users in this town than Android. Give or take a couple to a few Windows Phone users, but none carrying a Z10.
    04-22-13 08:09 AM
    I saw someone with it in NYC a few weeks ago. My friend, lol. I have not seen one other person with this besides a few of my friends.

Also, I have only had one person come up to me and ask if "this was the new BB". He also happened to be 13 years old. I was very surprised he knew.
    04-22-13 08:10 AM
    Don't forget that most people aren't the guys like us who were waiting for the phone to be released. Most people own their phones for at least the 2 years they are under contract for if not longer so it takes a while to get into people's hands. BlackBerry needs to kick up the marketing though because most consumers have a poor opinion of the brand still.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:21 AM
    How do you know what a phone is if it's in a case?

I saw a lady on the go train using a phone but it was in a flip case. Lots of people I see with phones have them in various cases and I can't tell what the heck they are.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:43 AM
    How do you know what a phone is if it's in a case?

I saw a lady on the go train using a phone but it was in a flip case. Lots of people I see with phones have them in various cases and I can't tell what the heck they are.

Posted via CB10
    By looking at the branding on the front of the device, or just knowing what the device look like in general.
    04-22-13 08:55 AM
    I was thinking the same thing on the train the other day.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:59 AM
    Title is pretty much self explanatory. I live in Manhattan, and there's a population of 8 million people in NYC. I'm out a lot, in the streets, subways, etc, and I ALWAYS check out what phone people are using and have yet to ever see anyone with a z10. In fact, the only time I've ever seen them are in the Verizon stores went I've gone in and at the Crackberry party a few weeks back. For a city that's pretty advanced and ahead of the curve, I figured I'd be seeing these a lot more often. I have no idea what it means, but what do you think?
    I haven't seen one either. I live in Brooklyn and am constantly in Manhattan...
    04-22-13 09:01 AM
    It�s harder to switch platforms than some may think. I find BB10 quite nice and would love to play around with it, WP is cool too and I used Android in the past. But I currently use iOS on which I have spent a lot of money. One big problem is switching platforms is what do you do with all the apps you spent money on? Now that is probably the only reason apart from being a fanboy a tech savvy person may not switch easily.

But if you are talking about typical customers, many aren�t sufficiently interested in trying new tech to warrant a change. I speak to some of my friends about new cell phones, and they say I am used to the iPhone I don�t see why I need to change. Another told me, I don�t want to learn a new system, everything works for me here. Others like how their phone syncs with their computer. Many aren�t in love with their devices as we may be, but they are in a comfortable place and see no reason to change. These people wait out their contract, use the same laptop for 6 years. Those are the folks we are going to see on the street. Point being, and in this MSFT and BB needs to find a way to get around this, people don�t usually change for change sake, that is something we do, and we are in a minority.

Back in the day, I used WebOS and I would show people my phone and they would say "wow nice" and they would go back to their iPHone or Blackberry without any indication of doubt in their platform of choice. So it is not about who is iSheep or not, most people don�t worship their phones as fanboys would. My father could care less what his phone is, he does use an iPhone though.

Question of the day is, how can BB penetrate the mainstream market? Apple started this thing along time ago, they got a head start, and the platform we complain about as boring is what has kept people renewing their iPhones for new iPhones.
    pirerman, boi2012 and k1dirty like this.
    04-22-13 09:24 AM
    It all about the numbers and until sales reach were apple and android are you probable won't be seeing too many Z10's in the wild.
    04-22-13 09:28 AM
    Can we rename the read to ''have you seen one'' or ''out in the wild''.Im in London lets keep it universal. I saw my first one the other day canary wharf DLR .I was in the hub checking alerts then look around all black Z both gave the nod.
    04-22-13 09:29 AM
    I live in Birmingham England. I had seen somebody last week with the phone and he said he'd had the phone for 1 weeks and absolutely hated it. I just told him to give it a bit more time it will grow on you..

I've had a few people ask about the phone. Questions vary from " it looks hard to Use", "Why on earth did you buy a blackberry z10, it's old Technology" to " is instagram and Netflix out for it yet...

The general perception is not good tbh..
    04-22-13 09:48 AM
    I see a bunch here in Toronto, but you also have to remember, IF and that's a big if, the rumors are correct, BB have sold about 1 million units to North America spread right across Canada and the US, and the chances that you will see a large concentration in any one area is not going to be high.

NY has 8million + people, maybe about 10-15 thousand may have bought a Z10 in NY, so you are talking a very small percent of the overall NY population. Of course you won't see them like you do with Apple or android devices.
    04-22-13 09:55 AM
    I was in Midtown about a month ago and saw a guy with a white Z10. He was a professional type (suit and tie). Z10s are out there people. Also did my own quick check with a Tmobile store in the same area and rep told me he was out of stock and that the phone is a hot seller right now. However, this was not too long after it became available on Tmobile. I'd say give it some time. I haven't gotten my Z10 yet but when I do, I'll be proud to be one of the 1st people in my circle and area to rock it.
    04-22-13 09:59 AM
    I live in Miami. I have yet to see someone else with it. it seems like it's so rare. people are still asking me what phone it is, and when it came out! I feel like the day I see someone else with one, I'll probably wanna go up to that person overwhelmed with excitement and say "Omgggg you are awesome!!!" lol...

Posted via CB10
    xpowers, BeLO and jrohland like this.
    04-22-13 10:00 AM
    I have seen people with Z10 many times already. (Toronto)
    04-22-13 10:02 AM
    I haven't seen one either, but the other day I was on the f train with my wife headed to Manhattan, and the guy next to me (who was pretending to be asleep) started questioning me about mine when I pulled it out to skip a song. My wife thought that it was hilarious when I gave him a demo of the features.

I saw a lot of bb7's in Montreal last weekend but no Z10s.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:08 AM
    the only z10 I have seen in the wild besides friends who have it, stores, and cb meetup, was in NYC
    04-22-13 10:09 AM
    By looking at the branding on the front of the device, or just knowing what the device look like in general.
    And this is part of the battle as far as visibility is concerned. Crackberry fiends like us can probably spot a camouflaged Z10 100 feet away. But a Z10's ability to inspire casual curiosity while in a person's hand is diminished when we cover it with a protective case.
    04-22-13 10:26 AM
    I have also seen many people with the Z10 in Toronto. I am still waiting to see the mythical unicorn WP8. I have yet to see a single WP.
    04-22-13 10:38 AM
    Well I figured they'd be more common in Canada and possibly even England where Blackberry has a higher market share. I still see people often from time to time with Bold 9930 here in NYC, which could either be their personal phone or something their company gives them.
    04-22-13 10:47 AM
95 123 ...