I just got a Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit Activity Tracker has anyone managed to get the Gear Fit App to download to their Z10 and does it work? I'm able to pair my Zed and Fit via bluetooth but I can't seem to find the App to download it to my BlackBerry Z10 I went to Samsung website but it wasn't very helpful. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 07:16 AM
    I just got a Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit Activity Tracker has anyone managed to get the Gear Fit App to download to their Z10 and does it work? I'm able to pair my Zed and Fit via bluetooth but I can't seem to find the App to download it to my BlackBerry Z10 I went to Samsung website but it wasn't very helpful. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried the Amazon app store?

If you go to the Samsung support site for that device, they don't have a link or pointer to the iphone and android apps for that device? (that's generally how you find device specific apps for those popular phones)
    12-06-14 11:03 AM
    Yeah your right I went to the Amazon app store first and still no success.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 01:51 PM
    An Android app would not be any good on 10.2.x and below because LE Bluetooth is not supported in the Android runtime.

What BlackBerry OS are you running?

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-06-14 02:05 PM
    Just a quick search

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=samsung%20fit

Not sure about your device. If Google Play has something, you will need to download SNAP (Android app subforum for it and discussion)
    12-06-14 07:03 PM
    Samsung smart gadgets only works on samsung devices I thought.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 09:09 PM
    Samsung smart gadgets only works on samsung devices I thought.

Posted via CB10
    Quite possible. I really don't know. Just throwing out suggestions. I would think the support site for that device would lead to some apps of some kind or other.
    12-07-14 12:15 AM
    Thanks folks I appreciated all the suggestions. I'm going to return the device tomorrow. I tried all the suggestions and app stores I even contacted a technical Samsung support forum and went to a Best buy store to be helped by a Samsung Experience Rep finally and after all that I was told by more than one Samsung rep that my BlackBerry Z10 while a great piece of hardware is not compatible with my Samsung Fit. I explored google play apps and work arounds but the functionality wouldn't be there. I'm a huge fan of the BlackBerry line of products but sometimes it drives me nuts. I'm hoping the 10.3 software support catches us up soon. I don't like to install leaks as I've bricked a couple of good phones that way.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 06:54 AM
    1mobile also a great store and there are a lots of apps working with the Samsung gear.
    12-07-14 06:59 AM
    Did you try following these directions: http://ausdroid.net/2014/04/16/gear-...ther-handsets/ ?

You will have to run 10.3.1 to get an android runtime that can run the 4.3 required for the fit.
    Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 07:11 AM
    Did you try following these directions: Gear Fit from Samsung made to work on non-Samsung phones - Ausdroid ?

You will have to run 10.3.1 to get an android runtime that can run the 4.3 required for the fit.
    Posted via CB10
    You can get the watch to actually talk to your phone, but most of the functionality is tied to proprietary stuff. You might get notifications off your phone, for instance, but you won't get all the health features because that requires a Samsung-specific app.
    12-19-14 02:52 PM