I got my z10!! Picked it up this afternoon, neglected my girlfriend since! A few native apps missing from my old 9800, social feeds etc. But it is living up to expectations.
    Very sleek and quick, but I keep getting confused with the PlayBook! Shall get used to it in time ahah
    zyben and DJRikko like this.
    02-01-13 06:25 PM
    Expect to post again in this thread in March, or US carrier release, whichever comes first
    02-01-13 06:41 PM
    Got mine.The 'I got my Z10' thread-20130201_182638.jpg
    02-01-13 06:46 PM
    I keep getting confused with the PlayBook!
    I was wondering, how do the gestures compare to the PB? It sounds like there are some things that are a bit different? I'm guilty of not going through all the review stuff yet, so forgive my ignorance if this is already out there.
    02-01-13 07:12 PM
    Well so far I am very impressed, very fast and smooth. I find the desktop software painfully slow on my macbook pro and I can't get the calendar to link to my Google apps calendar. Other than that it seems pretty damn good. I have been using it solidly for the last four hours after charging it fully and it has about 70-75% battery left. First ime I have used a touch screen keyboard since the iphone 4 and I am blown away by how easy it is to type for a physical keyboard lover like me.
    can you type in landscape mode?
    02-01-13 08:05 PM
    Got mine.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130201_182638.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	133531
    Wait, how did you get this on AT&T? I thought this was not coming to the U.S. until March.
    CrownIsle and EsJayDee like this.
    02-01-13 08:07 PM
    Does the Z10 come with a good stock notepad app? Like the one one the iphone?
    02-01-13 10:59 PM
    Rogers, Bell, TELUS all use the same GSM network and as for AT&T, they're systems are identical to that of Canadian carriers. So alas, if you unlock it or buy an unlocked version it will work fine as kind.
    Hey Bla1ze, "Alas" means unfortunately or sadly. I don't think this is bad news you giving to Deu2e.
    02-02-13 12:02 AM
    I got my z10 yesterday, ordered from Phones4U early on Thursday morning, so hopefully i've got a 64gb playbook coming as well.

The Z10 itself is a wonderful piece of kit, its a big step up from the Torch 9800 I did have. Its light, its clear, its responsive.

Blackberry 10 on the other hand, as far as I'm concerned, is currently terrible. From the removal of BIS support, the lack of push gmail, gmail 2 step verification not working, inability to change led colour or even sound for different email addresses, to inconsistent settings screens, and heaps of twitter issues (no multi account support, only able to see dm's in hub, dm's only sent to contacts, no auto refresh, no swipe left/right for most recent/last read). The OS feels incomplete and rushed.

There are some thing that are excellent, voice dictation everywhere, the swipe up on the keyboard, the keyboard in general. The hub, even though I find the Peek gesture unreliable (sometimes it just fully opens, and in some apps it does nothing), time shift camera

But even the things it does well, it could do better, time shift is a mode you have to switch into and doesn't seem to support zoom. Voice control won't do anything with music etc.

I'm hoping that RIM/Blackberry realise just how much of the OS is unfinished and push out updates rapidly, because if it hits the US as it is, they will be laughed at.
    02-02-13 01:48 AM
    I made a total fanboy music vid
    jinxednuance likes this.
    02-02-13 02:16 AM
    Posting this from my z10
    02-02-13 02:41 AM
    I'm up and tired - was up late playing with the phone!

First impressions are it is great. Everything os wise is fast and smooth, camera is very quick though not tested the quality much yet. Very easy to use one handed and I keep flicking between typing in full or flicking up word suggestions which are very accurate!

App wise, as we knew it would be, is not great yet however better than earlier app offerings. I will spend some time today investigating any available bar files to upload.

Now just need to add my music, vids and photos

So far so good Blackberry!
    Lehomer likes this.
    02-02-13 03:09 AM
    Detail about battery experience ?
    02-02-13 03:13 AM
    Mine arrived with about 25% charge, and dropped to 10% by the time i'd spent an hour trying to get my BB ID, email, facebook and twitter set up. Plugged into a pc, it took about 2 hours to recharge that lost 15%, but putting it into the supplied charger, it went from 25% to 75% in about 30 minutes.
    I dropped to 10% in about 8 hours of use, but that was a lot of browsing, twitter, video, music, camera, downloading etc to try it out.
    Charged back to full overnight, and used it about 2 hours intensively this morning with about a drop to around 85% remaining. Recharging to full at the moment, with a full day away from a plug socket in poor signal areas ahead of me, sat waiting for the kids to finish their saturday classes, so be hammering the video and I'll know how well it copes by tonight.

One thing I have found, the phone doesn't always charge when the cable is plugged in, and its taken 3 attempts a few times to get it to detect the charger - using the cable and plug that came with it.
    02-02-13 03:28 AM
    Wait, how did you get this on AT&T? I thought this was not coming to the U.S. until March.
    That's a good question and what model? I see its getting at&t LTE too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 08:44 AM
    iv had my phone since wednesday, and its now saturday, to me thats too soon (especially with `new phone syndrome`) to make any relative judgements
    viktorcistic likes this.
    02-02-13 09:34 AM
    iv had my phone since wednesday, and its now saturday, to me thats too soon (especially with `new phone syndrome`) to make any relative judgements
    Ah yes... NPS. The urge to play with everything and anything in the phone incessantly causing the battery to drain down abnormally fast. Heh heh.
    02-02-13 09:37 AM
    My Z10 was delivered yesterday the 1st of Feb 2013, I'm on EE which is the UK's 1st 4G network. Mega happy with the phone, the usual home button we are all used to from our computers to our tablets and smart phones is totally redundant. With one swipe upwards your Z10 is rocking. I've moved away from a iphone 4 and BB 9900 to a single Z10 which is much lighter on the pockets.

BBM contacts layout is much better looking and chatting is so easy. I've been avoiding all my pings because I've been busy exploring the Z10 and can do without all the interruptions lol!

Blackberry Link is easy to install on my mac and scanned my mac for my media etc. I struggled to find out how to sync but I guess its because I'm old school! I couldn't believe it was so simple. Just right click on your media folder or single file and a sync option is available Voila!

Taking pictures is very snapchat like, just click the screen, email setup easy too!

Now I've got several google apps accounts and it seems I can have only one calendar account, I'm still checking this out to find a way round it or maybe I've messed the config up. If anyone know about this do holla here or @shobande
    DJRikko likes this.
    02-02-13 10:27 AM
    My Z10 was delivered yesterday the 1st of Feb 2013, I'm on EE which is the UK's 1st 4G network. Mega happy with the phone, the usual home button we are all used to from our computers to our tablets and smart phones is totally redundant. With one swipe upwards your Z10 is rocking. I've moved away from a iphone 4 and BB 9900 to a single Z10 which is much lighter on the pockets.

BBM contacts layout is much better looking and chatting is so easy. I've been avoiding all my pings because I've been busy exploring the Z10 and can do without all the interruptions lol!

Blackberry Link is easy to install on my mac and scanned my mac for my media etc. I struggled to find out how to sync but I guess its because I'm old school! I couldn't believe it was so simple. Just right click on your media folder or single file and a sync option is available Voila!

Taking pictures is very snapchat like, just click the screen, email setup easy too!

Now I've got several google apps accounts and it seems I can have only one calendar account, I'm still checking this out to find a way round it or maybe I've messed the config up. If anyone know about this do holla here or @shobande
    One calendar is supported at the moment, but I believe Kevin mentioned multiple calendar support was in the roadmap.

Congrats on the new phone!
    02-02-13 11:02 AM
    some of the gestures are the same, i.e. swiping from the top and bottom, others are different, keyboard is brought up and down with 2 fingers swiping from up. I didn't bother with the review stuff either, haven't even looked at the manuals!
    And you can't flick between apps by swiping left or right from the bezel.
    Because it looks like a PlayBook, I keep trying to use the above gestures!
    gokulesh and you sir name like this.
    02-02-13 12:47 PM
    Hello fellas! Hey, I m so happy! I have received my brand new unlocked BlackBerry Z10 in white this morning! Weee!
    Sorry for the bad pictures, I have used an iPhone 3GS to shoot them.

02-02-13 01:56 PM
    so jealous
    02-02-13 03:52 PM
    Wow, the white one really does look amazing.
    02-02-13 04:03 PM
    I'm so envious right now!
    02-02-13 04:48 PM
    Some pictures I took at work
    The 'I got my Z10' thread-bb.jpgThe 'I got my Z10' thread-img_00000006.jpgThe 'I got my Z10' thread-img_00000009.jpg

And as a bonus for Far Cry fans out there ( taken with the Z10 f course)
    The 'I got my Z10' thread-img_00000035.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails The 'I got my Z10' thread-img_00000035.jpg  
    EsJayDee, totallygone and im3arl like this.
    02-02-13 06:08 PM
1,854 ... 45678 ...