Long time member but barely posts, a week and half with Z10 and it hasn't dissappointed, I've been a bb user for over 5 years, lots of potential upgrades/apps/games etc with this new OS, lots of room to grow, thanks for this informative website. Cheers!!
    zyben likes this.
    02-21-13 11:39 AM
    Some of the ones I'd gotten from my ISP (Rogers) showed a strange filetype. I guess using mp3 and/or mp4a music files and trimming them in appropriate music editing or ringtone creation software is the way to go. Wish I could find the original Rogers ones...I'm pretty sure I could convert them over to mp3 or mp4a format...I just can't seem to find them in BB Link yet. Thanks for the helpful reply, jvictor77!
    02-21-13 11:45 AM
    I got mine yesterday... I am still "trembling" with excitement.
    I am a really heavy user for work on my phone and it is a big deal (I can afford to forget my keys but not my phone leaving the house).

I absolutely LOVE it. My torch is looking at me with sad eyes and I kind of feel bad and still have it on my desk (really loved that phone and has been a true hardworking companion since 2010).

The Z10 is absolutely magnificent. I barely used my Macbook today, do most of my things on the Z10. The keyboard I am still working on a bit (coming from the physical qwerty crowd -bold9000 and torch-) but i absolutely love the easiness of use and the great way the info is integrating and organised.

As for the fun side, just wonderful!

It has all that I liked about "android" but improved and nothing of the dislikes of Android that kept me away (parents and friends with GalaxyII S).
    It is new all together, great flow, practical, fast, smooth. A great phone for me!

Lots of small things (for instance the way to handle extension calls dialing "in-house" numbers), the integration with remember, linking accounts from social media with local contacts etc is just phenomenal!
    I could go on and on and on but it has only been one day so I ll give my feedback in about a week, when it will have been integrated for good in my every day use.

Couple of small glitches (once the keyboard would not pop up in "Remember" app and had to reboot) but all and all just wonderful.

Wish to see couple of apps I really like/need coming (like whatsapp).

Resuming: just sleeeeeeezyyy !
    02-21-13 12:30 PM
    Hi all,

From today I m in Blackberry gang
    It is my first Blackberry. For now, this is all, I have less time now, need to build relationship with my Z10
    I ll be back soon with stupid newbie questions about Blackberry
    Attachment 137093
    Welcome to the "family" the z10 is the "new bb drug"... careful
    Enjoy your new phone, I am sure it will serve you greatly!
    all the best.
    02-21-13 12:33 PM
    Got mine a few days ago.

Love the phone.
    Very disapointed with the lack of major apps, coming from an Android.
    Last edited by learndotnet; 02-24-13 at 06:18 AM.
    02-21-13 12:37 PM
    Picked mine up the day before yesterday, and I really like the device. The link software isn't great, but I did get all my files transferred over. Can't wait to show off the device to some droid and apple users this weekend.
    02-21-13 04:05 PM
    1) Go into settings2) Open Network Connections3) Open Mobile Network4) Open Network Technology5) Click on HSPA+/UMTS
    02-21-13 09:12 PM
    if you guys are looking for android apps to sideload just check my link that is in my signature, just under 100 apps!
    02-21-13 10:57 PM
    Preordered it yesterday night, straight after I saw the announcement. Mine will arrive at my home in Singapore on March the 7th. Everyone say wOOt!
    02-21-13 11:12 PM
    I got my Z10 in Belgium. Imported from UK as launch here is only end of march from what i can find out.
    02-22-13 06:52 AM
    Have had my Z10 for 3 weeks. Didn't really intend to be an early adopter but the contract for my old BB 9630 had expired in December.

Love pretty much everything about the phone. Always thought I was a die-hard physical keyboard guy, but am now a convert to the touch screen. The predictive typing is amazing. And the larger screen size alone makes it worth switching. Have to admit, a touch screen is more intuitive than a keyboard no matter how good you get at short-cuts.

I was a bit concerned about the battery life, but after switching my settings to HPSA, that seems to have cleared up as well.
    02-22-13 06:26 PM
    Got mine today! YAY!
    Struggling a bit with Link (boo) but I love the Z10 so far.
    02-22-13 10:52 PM
    Got mine today! YAY!
    Struggling a bit with Link (boo) but I love the Z10 so far.
    And the experience only gets better IMO
    02-22-13 11:24 PM
    Got mine a few days ago.

Love the phone, except for gmail calendar sync.
    Very disapointed with the lack of major apps, coming from an Android.
    You can always side load them into the phone. But in any case, the apps will come.
    02-23-13 03:24 AM
    I got mine today,it from Vodafone UK,but i use on Vodafone Romania. I 'm really impressed.)
    02-23-13 09:44 AM
    The 'I got my Z10' thread-551397_10151362465559401_1138976866_n.jpg

Yes!!! Finally got my Blackberry Z10 LOVING IT so far and I've just scratched the surface.
    rexxenex, Speedygi and goodcoffy like this.
    02-23-13 01:10 PM
    I bought one from the launch that I resold a day later but finally picked up a second one (at 25% less than I spent for the launch!). Giving it another go and hopefully more quality apps get launched when they US launch occurs because the current selection is unacceptable, for my needs at least.
    02-23-13 01:35 PM
    Still dont have my Z10 yet, but was at future shop on St.James in Winnipeg, and got to play with one! wowzers! I'm even more excited now!
    02-23-13 02:50 PM
    New to BB but like new phone. Quite a few questions or possible problems. Will post on forums
    DJRikko likes this.
    02-23-13 02:53 PM
    Day 4 and still loving it. White with red flip shell case.
    02-23-13 03:45 PM
    OMG!! I got my Z10 two weeks ago and it is now my new BFF aka Fiance aka Love of my Life!! i know it sounds lame but i am being honest. i can not stop touching it and playing with it!!! i have been a BlackBerry user/fan for 10 years (have had pretty much every BB device so far) and this is without a doubt a game changer on the Smartphone front, imho
    02-24-13 01:22 PM
    I just hope it changes the game for Blackberry, and not just for others that have gotten ahead...

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 03:25 PM
    I've had my z10 for a couple of days and I am just loving it. From the keyboard, to the ease of the gestures and the hub!! I never thought I'd find much use for the peak feature but I was proved wrong! It's so useful to just be able to peak and see whether the notification, text or email you got is urgent or whether you can just continue on with whatever you're doing on the phone! The os is pretty solid and overall executed very elegantly. There are few kinks in the OS but nothing that can't be ironed out in future updates! I hope blackberry widens their app selection. It'll get nothing but better from this point on WOOOOO

Written with thy lovely white blackberry z10
    02-25-13 02:27 AM
    Got mine last Friday, love everything except damn google calendars! Have managed to sync "my" calendar (which I know is more than some others have had luck with), but missing the ability to sync the other calendars I have access to :-(
    Having been a berry fan since the beginning, wasn't sure how i'd get on with the touchscreen, but so far so good, and it does seem that the more you use it the more intuitive it gets.
    02-25-13 12:01 PM
    Got mine today. Still too early to give it a proper thumbs up or down. But so far love how easy it is to navigate around the OS. Love the design and love how it feels in the hand.
    02-25-13 02:20 PM
1,854 ... 2526272829 ...