1. Yes, it syncs with Google calendar/contacts instantly as soon as you set up your gmail account on the Z10.

2. Yes, quite similar to PB. Tap and hold an icon. Drags it onto another icon and it puts both those icons into a folder which you name.

3. Yes, turn by turn directions including voice works beautifully using the native maps app.

4. The gps is working very well. It found my location within seconds.

5. It would make sense but, for the time being, the cloud for calendar and contacts is basically your gmail or outlook account and those sync perfectly with the cloud, the Z10 and whatever desktop or laptop you are using. Plus, there are native apps for box and dropbox which work very well.
    Thanks a lot for this information... Very good perspective in this.

One thing to verify: when I say Google Drive, I mean the cloud storage app that Google employs for file-sharing between devices (see Here) The info about Navigation is great too though, it was one of my main questions about the Z10!

Thanks again!
    Last edited by fragment137; 02-08-13 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Added link to Google Drive app
    02-08-13 08:39 AM
    Unrelated but still something I`m curious about... I wonder if there is an app already out (or in development) that will allow for sync/stream/download from the Google Play Music feature..

That would be AWESOME.
    02-08-13 08:53 AM
    I got two (2) Z10 at Rogers. My wife and I got a white and black respectively. I unlocked calling Rogers saying that I was going to break the contract. They provided me the 2 unlock codes for free.
    I'm pretty sure I'm the only Brazilian with a Z10 on hands once they only sale with 3-years contract. I did the contract because I'm resident and after a day I paid full price to have'em unlocked.
    dietertong likes this.
    02-08-13 11:00 AM
    Picked up my Z10 yesterday. Very nice - quite like the PlayBook in a lot of ways. A couple of quirky things to get used to from the old Torch or my old Windows Phone, but it it very fast, stable, and slick. Link I don't find to be as useful than the old DM, but as was mentioned on another post, that will hopefully be addressed.
    02-08-13 11:12 AM
    I got mine on launch day from rogers feb 5 and its been going good. The Screen appeared dark at first so I cranked the brightness all good now .. signal, battery, voice quality with a blue ant Q2 bluetooth headset, browser all great - even the grip is awesome. I paid full pop for it its a good well made device, I cant bring myself to unlock it for 45$ lol too much doe .. not that I need it at the moment.

The only thing I would recommend for new customer to BlackBerry is make it easier to Transfer Contact, and Really It would be great with BlackBerry Protect would go back to backing up and restoring contacts like it did on OS 7. I ended up connecting my 9900 to the z10 via bluetooth and transferring contacts that way until I got the BlackBerry Link running. I think BlackBerry needs to work harder at making the switch easier for consumers. and Educate the consumers on how to do this. BlackBerry Protect on OS 7 was a brilliant Idea * Please bring that back! *
    gladiatorofyale likes this.
    02-08-13 12:56 PM
    yeah i agree... blackberry protect is a life saver! amazing program... My Z10 is on its way but i've heard that the restore feature is not there. i remember when my 9900 had a java problem error popped up after refreshing the device...i thought i lost everything but BB protect pulled through...password keeper and all its entries were there - most important. hopefully they will bring it up to speed in the new OS soon.
    02-08-13 02:00 PM
    My two cents worth:

Got my Z10 on launch day in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Took it home and began to unbox it. Switched the device on for the first time to find that the screen wouldn't respond to any gestures! Minor heart failure at that point. So I am sitting there at 8.30pm absolutely gutted. So I rang the store, who couldn't believe it, but they had a spare! So i rushed back down before closing time and got myself another! Phew. Finally it was time to put my battered and bruised 9800 to rest. It was barely functioning! Broken return key and end call key, so it was getting frustrating.

So I unboxed it for a second time, peeled off the covers and booted it up. It worked! Years in the making and it has boiled down to this...

I couldn't believe it, such a lovely device. A phoenix from the flames. If this didn't take us back to the top I don't know what will! Now from following Crackberry religiously we new what to expect but I was still surprised by it. I couldn't stop looking at the device all night! I'm still looking at it right now! LOL. So I spent the next few hours setting up the device and making my way through all its features, discovering teething problems as I went. But as with every infant OS its expected. My biggest beef with the Z10 was transferring from OS6. I lost all my contacts, but presumed that BB Link would take them over. Simple solution, emailed all the contacts over to the new device. Found out afterwards that i could have used Bluetooth or syncing with email! Whoops.

The native FB & Twitter apps are decent. I would love to see multiple accounts for twitter, with the ability to switch between accounts and a DM function brought back. FB needs a "delete message" function and a general face lift.

But overall the OS was somewhat reminiscent of Blackberry past and felt second nature within minutes. I am more than pleased and as a Blackberry (& Crackberry) follower for 7 years, this can only get better. Ride out the bugs, because you know the updates will follow.

So hopefully what lies beyond 10.1, is a long future back at the top for Blackberry.
    02-08-13 02:36 PM
    Got mine from Koodo since Mobilicity/Wind version release dates not released yet. Great first impressions of the device and love Blackberry Link after being frustrated with Desktop Manager for so long. Few apps lacking. Missing Shazam, When I Work, Banking apps, etc. But I'm looking forward to more app releases
    so its pentaband from koodoo?
    02-08-13 03:06 PM
    Originally Posted by thatplaybookguy

you say you just signed up for the 5th time on a three year contract yet telus has only been in business since April 2, 2001? I smell a fake. 5x3=15years. And I just called Telus and there is no such thing as a Ten year Loyalty program. You are lying.

Now remember that the next time you try to be witty or crass at someone far more intelligent than You.
    This ***** sent me a real nice pm trying to discredit what I said. The funny thing is my original post said "100.00 Gift Certificate for being loyal" and ThatPlayBookTard spun it into a loyality "program" of sorts. No you ******, I never said that. It was a simple gift certificate. What's so hard to believe that Telus sent me a $100.00 Gift Certificate? Have you never recieved a gift certificate before? Is it too hard to imagine that a company actually thanked a customer for being with them for 10 years? And do the math. I said I just signed up for the 5th time, so the contract obviously just started. So 4 full contracts X 3 years = 12 years. But dummy here can't even figure out grade 3 math and tries saying I'm lying. haha

Love the Blackberry but some of the users are grade A *******.

Kit
    Turkezslap likes this.
    02-08-13 04:29 PM
    Just got mine in Ottawa, Canada. Love it. The Bell stores, The Source, and Wireless Wave were all out of stock for black Z10's, so sales must be doing well. I went to FutureShop to get one (they had quite a few), after of course calling customer retention and negotiating a sweet deal with Bell. 6 gigs of data!!!
    02-08-13 04:43 PM
    Got my z10 on Feb 5 and I am loving it. It feels in every way like a blackberry! The screen is amazing. I am still getting used to the typing but this is my first touch screen phone. Overall I think it's something new and exciting and I hope the US market gives it a chance.
    s0be likes this.
    02-08-13 04:50 PM
    I'm still waiting for rogers to ship mine.
    Wish they would let you pick it up at a store after negotiating with retentions.
    02-08-13 08:57 PM
    I can't remember whether i replied to this thread or not but I got mine on Tuesday at launch and loving it so far...
    02-08-13 09:09 PM
    I thought I saw an option to turn that on in a leaked slide showing the settings screen... It would be annoying if they did remove that.
    I skip ky songs by pressing it. It's in options somewhere indont really recall. But I do it with mine
    02-08-13 11:58 PM
    Still sold out at my local Bell store.
    02-09-13 12:08 AM
    I'm still waiting for rogers to ship mine.
    Wish they would let you pick it up at a store after negotiating with retentions.
    Bell let me do just that today, though they were sold out, FutureShop had lots.

For those still searching call your carrier and negotiate a deal, then do a pickup at Futureshop or somewhere else that has them in stock if they let you, they are out there.
    02-09-13 01:01 AM
    I picked my phone up on release day from Telus. The more I use the phone the more I love the phone. Just like when I got my first phone by BlackBerry, you have to check it out. Thanks BlackBerry your back.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 07:40 AM
    got it from telus, got a pretty good deal, happy with their service MINUS 3 years contract... oh well.....
    i like it so far jus need skype & whatsapp any idea when its coming out???????????
    02-09-13 09:18 AM
    got it from telus, got a pretty good deal, happy with their service MINUS 3 years contract... oh well.....
    i like it so far jus need skype & whatsapp any idea when its coming out???????????
    There was some news about Skype working closely with BBRY to make sure it was the full-blown experience on the Z10... I would expect it soon. In the mean time I bet a side-load of the android app would work wonders.

As for WhatsApp I hear the sideload isn't great... I'm wondering the same thing! *coughs in WhatsApp's general direction* WHEN?!
    02-09-13 10:42 AM
    I picked up my Z10 yesterday from Telus. It's love at first use. I've had an iphone 4 for 2.5 years and I was getting very bored with the UI. Like many people on this site, since buying my playbook shortly after launch I've been waiting for RIM to bring QNX to its phones. I've grown very used to the gesture based UI and I was constantly trying to swipe on my iphone. Now that I've had the chance to experience BB 10 I can say I'm very satisfied. I'm more of a browser person than an app guy, so the shortage of apps at this stage is not a big deal for me. I love the speed of the browser and I love the hub although there is a learning curve which I'm going through now. My experience in upgrading with Telus was awesome. After a couple of calls to customer service they agreed to waive my upgrade fee of $105.00. I actually was only looking for them to discount some of the remaining amount owing but they surprised me by waiving it all. It was a great day yesterday: a new Z10 for less money than expected!!
    s0be and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-09-13 11:30 AM
    Aside from missing some apps I use all the time (TD Canada, Poynt, Shazam, IMO) I'm very happy with the phone and love how it keeps me moving. The camera is awesome, the hub is fantasitc (while a little clunky at times), and the keyboard is bloody fantastic. I feel faster on this new keyboard than on my 9900. I find I actually swap between double thumbs, flicking, and one handed all the time. Pretty awesome keyboard.

I was able to get some apps like Flickr and IMO are working good from Andorid imported over, and its getting me by until some of these apps come to the appworld with a bit more stability.

My big things I'm missing are things like BeWeather temperature showing up in the top bar. Now I have to keep it running in the active frames, and it feels like its killing the battery. I also miss setting up different notifications for each account But other than that I'm not that bothered, overall its a much better experience.

I'm having fun with this. fun fun!
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-09-13 04:38 PM
    Best. Phone. Ever. Much better than iOS and Android devices! Esp. for a 1st Gen OS.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-09-13 05:25 PM
    I picked mine up yesterday from Bell Mobility in Ottawa after calling Retention. I was also able to easily get 6GB as a post above noted. Didn't have to fight much to get improvements on my previous plan like I had to 2 1/2 years ago. Any ways, getting back to the phone, I am loving it! There is a certain learning curve to make it feel and sound somewhat familiar compared to my Bold 9700 but so far so good. Biggest problems for me seem to be the non-exisent sync of my Outlook calendar through BlackBerry Link and the native Twitter app. I am really missing the sync and can't stand the Twitter app. So primitive compared to the UberSocial experience that I am coming from. I will battle through these issues though and find a way.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-09-13 06:04 PM
    Released Wed 30th Jan , Ordered Thurs 31st Jan , Delivered 1st Feb and I absolutely love this thing.....I can wait for updates to iron out the little annoyances....didn't think I could be converted to a full touchscreen but i well and truly have been. I now even find myself swiping on my ipod touch..that button is sooo annoying
    s0be likes this.
    02-09-13 06:32 PM
    Picked mine up today at Planete Mobile, didn't want to wait 2 weeks for my pre-order to come in . So far, amazing, smooth and fast compared to my 9900. No issues whatsoever.
    Apps is not an issue for me as I dont use many. People complaining about the camera? Took some pics and they're crystal clear.
    02-09-13 07:36 PM
1,854 ... 1819202122 ...