If you want to head over to the side loading forum you can learn to side load WhatsApp

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    I just did that - setting it up now!
    02-07-13 12:53 PM
    If you want to head over to the side loading forum you can learn to side load WhatsApp

And for my 1000th post....bmercer94: The sideloaded whatsapp is not recognizing my contacts - do I have to invite them all manually?
    02-07-13 01:04 PM
    I'm tapping into this thread Got my Z10 on Tuesday evening, and there are some pros and cons but overall I'm loving it.
    02-07-13 01:10 PM
    Got mine on Tuesday and loving it. Didn't pay a dime either as I signed the 3 year Telus contract (for the 5th time) but instead of paying $149.99 I had a $100.00 Telus 10 year Loyalty gift certificate and got $50.00 for trading in my old BB 8830, so cost zilch. Had to buy a case though which cost $40.00, I tried getting the agent to toss that in for nothing but alas it didn't work. Oh well.
    chrispmoto likes this.
    02-07-13 04:49 PM
    Hello crackberry friends
    I got mine Tuesday night im loving it im loving the LTE and the speed of the browser
    paid $89.00 for a 3 years contract and they waived the $35 .00 activation fee

a word to the fellows in the US .......guys I know the waiting its hard but you will be paid back by the amazing machine that is
    cheers to you all
    02-07-13 05:08 PM
    Try updating twitter. I've not had any problems opening attachments. How long do you give before a battery pull? I've been getting a lot of bbm group msgs, and incoming msgs slow down other stuff incoming...but no freezing

Thanks for the help, the update Twitter did the trick. Coming from the iOSX world, I assumed that one would be alerted when their was an updated version. Guess not. Attachments also seem to be opening a lot faster.
    dietertong and s0be like this.
    02-07-13 05:14 PM
    I have mine in my hot little hands right this minute and believe me when I say it is all I ever wanted and more so far. Once I have used it for a bit I will report back on my personal findings. For all of you people that have to wait....you will be very pleased and happy that you did.
    02-07-13 05:57 PM
    I would have had mine tomorrow... But this morning I received an email from ebay telling me that the seller, SupplyTronics, had been hacked and that I would need to file a claim with ebays resolution center I know I'll get my money back eventually, but what good is that? Haha. I wanted the phone! Shoulda known it was too good to be true I guess. They only charged me 725, shipping included. From the sale history it looked like about 80 of them had been sold yesterday. In fact, in the time it took me to complete my order it had jumped from 79 to 83, so I'm guessing some people on here probably got scammed as well Oh well... Thought I'd share
    02-07-13 06:23 PM
    And for my 1000th post....bmercer94: The sideloaded whatsapp is not recognizing my contacts - do I have to invite them all manually?
    Yeah that's the only issue. Get them to send you a message and never close it out.

02-07-13 06:44 PM
    n sense in arguing with people
    Last edited by thatplaybookguy; 02-07-13 at 09:41 PM.
    02-07-13 06:46 PM
    FB is not having a landscape mode on BB 10!!
    02-07-13 07:10 PM
    I bought my BB Z10 a week ago from O2 UK! After a week of use:
    1) Facebook messages never pushed to the device, you have to refresh the hub for a new message to appear!
    2) There is no option for "application behaviour" like Playbook, so if the applications are minimized, is still running, but is not live! on playbook with showcase selected all the apps were live! (for example youtube is still open, you can hear the sound, by the video is not moving on Z10). Maybe there is an option to make this possible, i didn't find it!
    3) There is only one alarm, you have the option for Recurrence but is just one alarm (for example on my nexus4 i have the alarm on 9am for mon and tue, on 8am for wed,thu,fri, adn 11am for weekend! with Z10 this is not possible)

4) on the plus side, drobox integration is great-10 (i will use a scale for 1 to 10, with 10=top=best)
    5)Hub is amazing-9
    6) camera is very good-7
    7) The speaker is loud and clear, in contrast with my nexus which is whispering-10
    8)With this UI you just continue to flow, no lag, not nothing -10
    9) the wifi is very strong, on the same place Z10 had full signal and nexus 4 was struggling to connect and keep a line of signal!

I know many of this things are not important, but is what i use everyday! and the problem with the alarm, as the platform bacoming famous, there will be an app for this, and a facebook messanger!
    The 'I got my Z10' thread-dscf0608.jpg
    The 'I got my Z10' thread-dscf0621.jpg
    The 'I got my Z10' thread-dscf0620.jpgThe 'I got my Z10' thread-dscf0619.jpgThe 'I got my Z10' thread-dscf0618.jpg
    Denenatse likes this.
    02-07-13 07:49 PM
    you say you just signed up for the 5th time on a three year contract yet telus has only been in business since April 2, 2001? I smell a fake. 5x3=15years. And I just called Telus and there is no such thing as a Ten year Loyalty program. You are lying.
    Now remember that the next time you try to be witty or crass at someone far more intelligent than You.
    In the OP's defense, I sign a new 3 year contract every year or two with Bell... I'm eligible for upgrades after twelve months.

02-07-13 08:44 PM
    oh well no sense worrying about what others say right.
    Last edited by thatplaybookguy; 02-07-13 at 09:40 PM.
    02-07-13 09:10 PM
    moot is all I can say
    02-07-13 09:39 PM
    moot is all I can say
    Or, as we say at work, MOO! Why MOO?!? Because it is a cows opinion... and who really cares what a cow thinks?!? LOL

02-07-13 09:59 PM
    Got my new z10. Most amazing device I have ever owned. One problem, everyone I run into is insisting I show it to them and let them play with it.
    dietertong, sosof, R Field and 1 others like this.
    02-07-13 10:48 PM
    I got mine! BB link to transfer address book (contacts), calendar, etc from my 9800 to the Z10 didn't transfer anything. Now I have all my facebook friends as contacts and all the clients and customers I have on the 9800 are not able to quickly transfer to the z10. Go figure. Not impressed with that. Anyone have a solution? BTW I didn't read through all 19 pages of comments to see if there was a solution so please slaughter me for that if there was one.
    02-07-13 10:48 PM
    Does it accept the micro-drive cards? I have my 9930 loaded with images and video's and hope it will accept my existing card.
    02-07-13 11:16 PM
    Does it accept the micro-drive cards? I have my 9930 loaded with images and video's and hope it will accept my existing card.
    Yes!!! Popped the micro SD out of my 9900 and in to my Z10.

02-07-13 11:30 PM
    Just got my first day rogers plus westside mall cold as **** outside
    finnaly door open at 10am im first get
    02-07-13 11:41 PM
    I got mine! BB link to transfer address book (contacts), calendar, etc from my 9800 to the Z10 didn't transfer anything. Now I have all my facebook friends as contacts and all the clients and customers I have on the 9800 are not able to quickly transfer to the z10. Go figure. Not impressed with that. Anyone have a solution? BTW I didn't read through all 19 pages of comments to see if there was a solution so please slaughter me for that if there was one.
    Apparently the easiest way to transfer contacts is to use Bluetooth from your 9800 to your Z10, I don't have a Z10 yet but search on the forums and you'll find how to do it.
    02-08-13 04:17 AM
    I've been drooling over the Z10 since the first time the leaked photos came out last year some time... Unfortunately the only way I'll get one at the moment is by winning on in a Crackberry contest, lol.. Regardless of how: If I DO get a Z10 I plan on starting a side-loading project... I currently have a Galaxy Nexus, so I'll side-load popular(or requested) apps and review how they run on the BB10 platform.

I do have some questions though.. I've been going through my Nexus and determining what I use the most on it. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into a couple things:

1. Syncing with google contacts and calendars... How easy is this and is it a live (cloud-like) sync or will I constantly have to manually update?
    2. I have yet to see anyone make use of any sort of app groups/folders on the home screen... Anyone have pics of this? Is it similar to the Playbook?
    3. Is there a Google Drive app already available, if not is there an alternative that will allow me to access it?
    4. How is the built in GPS navigation? <--- one of the biggest reasons I love my Galaxy Nexus is the built in NAV... Perfect excuse not to buy a dedicated GPS.
    5. Does BlackBerry have/plan to release any sort of Cloud for calendars/contacts etc using bbID? iOS and Android both have it and I'll admit it's one of my favourite features.

I'm not sure these have been mentioned in this thread but searching didn't show anything so I figured I'd ask!

Thanks Crackberry Nation
    02-08-13 06:45 AM
    To all of you who've got your Z10s & those of you who're yet to get one, XLabz has a bunch of apps just for you!!

The 'I got my Z10' thread-bb10-banner.jpg

Productivity apps, games, business, photography, weather, health; we’ve got ‘em all covered! Take your pick from our list of BB10 apps:

S.No App Name Price (USD)
    1 Groovy Notes $4.99
    2 The Logo Game Free Free
    3 The Logo Game – Paid Version $5.99
    4 A Day in Life- Journal $2.99
    5 Vault $2.99
    6 Uber Iris – Photo Effects & Filters $1.99
    7 Currency Converter $1.99
    8 Weather+ HD $1.99
    9 ProInsights $3.99
    10 Dictionary+ $1.99
    11 Find Near Me $0.99
    12 Health Tracker PRO $2.99
    13 StockPulse $2.99
    14 Bird Calls $4.99

We hope this bunch of apps will keep you happy for now Watch this space for even more awesome BB10 apps from XLabz!!

We’d love to hear your feedback on our apps. Please feel free to email us your queries and suggestions to bbsupport[at]xlabz[dot]com.

P.S. Since all these BB10 apps were developed from scratch with regards to the UI, users who already have the PlayBook version of these apps will need to repurchase them for their BB10 phones, as this is the only way we can support development costs.
    Denenatse likes this.
    02-08-13 07:19 AM
    I've been drooling over the Z10 since the first time the leaked photos came out last year some time... Unfortunately the only way I'll get one at the moment is by winning on in a Crackberry contest, lol.. Regardless of how: If I DO get a Z10 I plan on starting a side-loading project... I currently have a Galaxy Nexus, so I'll side-load popular(or requested) apps and review how they run on the BB10 platform.

I do have some questions though.. I've been going through my Nexus and determining what I use the most on it. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into a couple things:

1. Syncing with google contacts and calendars... How easy is this and is it a live (cloud-like) sync or will I constantly have to manually update?
    2. I have yet to see anyone make use of any sort of app groups/folders on the home screen... Anyone have pics of this? Is it similar to the Playbook?
    3. Is there a Google Drive app already available, if not is there an alternative that will allow me to access it?
    4. How is the built in GPS navigation? <--- one of the biggest reasons I love my Galaxy Nexus is the built in NAV... Perfect excuse not to buy a dedicated GPS.
    5. Does BlackBerry have/plan to release any sort of Cloud for calendars/contacts etc using bbID? iOS and Android both have it and I'll admit it's one of my favourite features.

I'm not sure these have been mentioned in this thread but searching didn't show anything so I figured I'd ask!

Thanks Crackberry Nation
    1. Yes, it syncs with Google calendar/contacts instantly as soon as you set up your gmail account on the Z10.

2. Yes, quite similar to PB. Tap and hold an icon. Drags it onto another icon and it puts both those icons into a folder which you name.

3. Yes, turn by turn directions including voice works beautifully using the native maps app.

4. The gps is working very well. It found my location within seconds.

5. It would make sense but, for the time being, the cloud for calendar and contacts is basically your gmail or outlook account and those sync perfectly with the cloud, the Z10 and whatever desktop or laptop you are using. Plus, there are native apps for box and dropbox which work very well.
    fragment137 and Denenatse like this.
    02-08-13 07:41 AM
1,854 ... 1718192021 ...