i got me a z10 today from rogers. they said it got shipped right away so i can only hope to get it tomorrow ... can't wait just wanted to share my excitement its been a long wait

AND ITS Fing WHITE ...
    02-05-13 11:01 PM
    I worked all night, and finished at 7am in the morning, got my Timmies and parked my asrse outside the Rogers store in Ottawa. I was the 1st in line, watching all the mall walkers go round and round. Been playing with it all afternoon, but only one problem I've found with it and maybe somebody has the solution...

Can't migrate my contacts, would only bring over the 1st one, and none of the rest through the bluetooth. Desktop manager doesn't work with the Z10 either, and the sim cards are different size.
    I didn't have to worry about contacts when I migrated to the Z10 from my Bold 9900 since I'm on a BES/ActiveSync server and it's all automatically synchronized. I did, however, read a post somewhere here where someone was advised to use BlackBerry Protect and it worked great for them. Might want to use the search function. Good luck! The phone is a good 'un...and I am an avowed physical QWERTY keyboard user. Love this thing!
    02-05-13 11:13 PM
    I got my hands on the Z10 this morning and I couldn't be more pleased. Here's to you blackberry, crackberry and the loyal people who waited patiently cheering them on.
    Denenatse and s0be like this.
    02-05-13 11:37 PM
    I got mine and initially loved it. The keyboard is amazing compared to any other full touch phone I have used. Then I went to the App World... Well they do have a lot of apps but not the ones I need and had on my 9900. Then after doing more research I realize that the data isn't compressed anymore since they don't use BIS(I'm not sure many sales or technical support employees know this since I was told my data would be BIS data and compressed a few times by different people when shopping around for a plan). I was going to use the phone a lot to stream Youtube and movies to a HDTV(No internet or WiFi at my girlfriends). On top of that I get tons of emails a month and texts. I'm guessing my 1 Gig data plan just won't cut it. After playing around with texts, emails and BBM I quickly realized I'm no fan of the Hub. It is just too cluttered and confusing. I love the peek ability though. One reason I bought the Z10 is for the work profile. The salesman said I wouldn't need to be set up through the BES to use it and it would be ridiculous if I had to be. Well it turns out I do have to be signed up(unless Im missing something). Ok well I just think this phone isn't for me... Maybe after a few updates but not right now. I love BB so please don't take this as bashing..

Mine is going back tomorrow... Back to my 9900..
    02-05-13 11:43 PM
    I got mine and initially loved it. The keyboard is amazing compared to any other full touch phone I have used. Then I went to the App World... Well they do have a lot of apps but not the ones I need and had on my 9900. Then after doing more research I realize that the data isn't compressed anymore since they don't use BIS(I'm not sure many sales or technical support employees know this since I was told my data would be BIS data and compressed a few times by different people when shopping around for a plan). I was going to use the phone a lot to stream Youtube and movies to a HDTV(No internet or WiFi at my girlfriends). On top of that I get tons of emails a month and texts. I'm guessing my 1 Gig data plan just won't cut it. After playing around with texts, emails and BBM I quickly realized I'm no fan of the Hub. It is just too cluttered and confusing. I love the peek ability though. One reason I bought the Z10 is for the work profile. The salesman said I wouldn't need to be set up through the BES to use it and it would be ridiculous if I had to be. Well it turns out I do have to be signed up(unless Im missing something). Ok well I just think this phone isn't for me... Maybe after a few updates but not right now. I love BB so please don't take this as bashing..

Mine is going back tomorrow... Back to my 9900..
    You should've researched first before buying one. There's a lot of Youtube videos and articles around the net about the Z10.
    02-05-13 11:55 PM
    Got 2 Z10s today! Black (for me) and white (for my mom). Loving how easy it is to get around in the OS. The Hub is awesome once you know how to organize it properly. The all-touch keyboard is amazing. I can't believe how easy and accurate it is. I don't think I can ever go back to the physical keyboard after this.
    02-06-13 12:21 AM
    Taken with 9900.

Last edited by 6insomnia9; 02-06-13 at 11:30 PM.
    02-06-13 12:27 AM
    Picked up two Z10's today... haven't too much time to play with them, but it's awesome!
    02-06-13 12:39 AM
    Got mine this morning.
    I was first in line, because I didn't preorder.
    They had two, Count 'em ,two not spoken for... Both white.
    I'm really pleased with the browser, and the hub, and the Hdmi out, and timeshift, and and and....
    The only issue is the failure of the contacts list to populate.
    I'm doing it manually, but it's not as big a chore as I thought it would be.

Oh! Did I mention you can make phone calls with this thing?
    No, really, check it out...honest to goodness phone calls.
    What will they think of next?
    I had some issues with contacts and calendars not loading properly, Google apps email has to be loaded as Microsoft exchange and that sorta fixed it, then reboot, turn off calendar and contact sync, turn on, reboot and voilla!
    all in all a little moody but once I did get them working all good
    02-06-13 01:05 AM
    Picked mine up today in Vancouver, good bye iPhone, hello BBZ10, I am back. The phone is slick and polished. Multi-tasking, virtual key board, speed navigating, and crystal sharp. Glad to put the toys away. Good to be back.
    02-06-13 01:12 AM
    Picked mine up yesterday. Almost had to wait for a few days to get it but someone that pre-ordered it before me decided to go with something else. Their loss is my gain, and what a gain it is! Good-bye Galaxy S II. I enjoyed my time on Android but I missed BlackBerry too much! Well I'm back in black!
    dietertong and s0be like this.
    02-06-13 06:34 AM
    Got my white Z10 yesterday such a beast!
    02-06-13 07:18 AM
    Got mine yesterday bricked fixed it love it.
    02-06-13 07:29 AM
    Writing this post from my new BlackBerry z10! Had a long day at work and had to endure two hours of waiting to get set up last night. Worth It though!!
    02-06-13 08:23 AM
    I know there are multiple threads but those you who are on the Rogers network with Google Apps or Gmail: is the two way sync instantaneous? If I read 20 emails on the BB, will it mark them as READ on the web or my laptop (like an Android or iPhone does)?
    02-06-13 08:44 AM
    I got my Z10 today
    02-06-13 09:04 AM
    I got my Z10 from eBay seller that won from new york event, so blue box + leather holster + VIP card (useless/useful)?
    02-06-13 10:05 AM
    My wife and I got our Z10 yesterday. Setup was fairly painless except for the transfer of our contacts, but thanks to these forums I was able to figure out a solution. We still liked our Torch 9800 (which, for our American friends, came to Canada way after the USA...) but the Z10 is blowing them out of the water, it's night and day! It's fun to explore the new OS and the forums make it less frustrating when you don't know exactly how to do something you want to do. The forums are also a good start point to jive your mind into stuff you didn't think about.

We kinda like Zombie movies and shows so my wife renamed our Z10 the Zombie phone... I think it makes sense in the bigger context, with some people claiming that BlackBerry is "dead" the Z10 is a zombie that's coming to get the living... You might fight against them, but resistance is futile they'll end up getting you...
    dietertong, DJRikko and bmercer94 like this.
    02-06-13 10:16 AM
    So I used to own a Blackberry (Curve 8330) years ago and I loved it. And I currently own an iPhone 4s, which does is a great phone, I don't really have any complaints, but I've been OBSESSED with this thread for the past week or so. The Z10 looks amazing and I admit I've been drooling over it a little. lol I love reading all of your comments on it. Anyway, maybe I'll make a switch. The Q10 looks pretty sweet too. Nice to see BB doing such a good job with thier devices, I'm pulling for them to have success with these new phones!
    DJRikko likes this.
    02-06-13 10:35 AM
    Got my Z10 from Rogers yesterday. Loving everything about the phone so far. Amazing phone! Keyboard is awesome and ive already used the time-shift camera feature twice and it works like a charm. I just wish it would work with the flash in the future.
    02-06-13 10:43 AM
    Got my Z10 from Rogers yesterday. Loving everything about the phone so far. Amazing phone! Keyboard is awesome and ive already used the time-shift camera feature twice and it works like a charm. I just wish it would work with the flash in the future.
    In order for it to work with a flash, the flash would have be on the whole time it is capturing the before/after images... not sure if that is even possible.
    02-06-13 10:48 AM
    We kinda like Zombie movies and shows so my wife renamed our Z10 the Zombie phone... I think it makes sense in the bigger context, with some people claiming that BlackBerry is "dead" the Z10 is a zombie that's coming to get the living... You might fight against them, but resistance is futile they'll end up getting you...
    That's actually a pretty good analogy. It really is like a soulless Blackberry zombie without BIS. I don't get the whole killing off BIS thing. BIS WAS THE BLACKBERRY ECOSYSTEM. BIS was your email, BIS was your social networking, BIS was your gateway to the internet. I mean how ridiculous is it that 80 million people have to change their email addresses and now, the company that gave the world email on the go, is the only company that no longer provides it?

Don't get me wrong, the new OS very nice and modern, but without BIS, BlackBerry 10 is kind of like a Zombie.

It seems like they are betting on North America and Europe for BlackBerry 10 because there is now no appeal at all to the countries where BlackBerry OS 7 and older are strong. The whole reason BlackBerry rules South East Asia and South America and Africa is BIS. The BB social plans that allow unlimited social networking and email anywhere in the world without roaming as very low cost. This was the reason BlackBerry held on while no new phones were introduced for 18 months. What's the migration plan for all these people?

the phone is everything we've ever asked BlackBerry to build in a device and the OS is smooth and sleek. But I don't think anyone ever asked BlackBerry to sacrifice what made them great in the first place.
    02-06-13 10:51 AM
    Got the call.. mine is ready for pickup at Telus store

Cant wait till 6pm tonight when I get home
    Denenatse likes this.
    02-06-13 11:29 AM
    Mine just came via FedEx. I bought it from a gent that got one at the launch event. Haven't even inserted a SIM yet, instead have it running on WiFi only at the moment, and I'm charging. I'm hesitant to switch unti I finish my schedule of concalls for today, in a few hours. Until then, the 9900 is still up and running.

I noticed the PlayBook high capacity charger doesn't seem to be working with the Z10 - has anyone else noticed this?
    02-06-13 11:40 AM
    Got mine yesterday but I was at work and had to wait until I got home to see it. I'm loving it bits.
    02-06-13 11:54 AM
1,854 ... 1314151617 ...