This is just a perfect example of how the key is to get this phone into people's hands, because the UI experience is what is going to sale the BB10!
    02-02-13 06:09 PM
    I had to phone around the Phones4U stores in Glasgow as they had an exclusive on the White but I wanted the Black. They were only interested in selling on contract but I managed to persuade one store manage sell me one of his black models. Spent the last 2 days playing with it and it's is awesome! Hoping the apps to keep coming. I love the browser, Box/Dropbox integration and the StarTracker app is beautiful.
    02-02-13 06:10 PM
    You seem to be having some odd promblems?
    02-02-13 06:27 PM
    Feeling so envious about UK and Canada guys picking up Z10s. Just to calm my envy, I bought another Playbook 64GB so that I can have two playbooks with me to be upgraded to BB10 OS. I am moving to India soon from USA, but I will make sure to take Z10 with me before I leave.
    02-02-13 06:36 PM
    Not sure what people expect from a brand new OS on the first week it's released.
    I remember buying MacOSX 10.0 when it hit the street. It was an entirely new OS and Apple even said back then it was a work in progress and took almost a year before it was stable enough for everyday use.
    Be patient people. This is all part of being the first buyers of a completely new OS.
    Btw, please send in your bug/enhancement reports to BB.
    02-02-13 06:36 PM
    I got mine at the launch event on Wednesday. I'm a Verizon subscriber so I'm going to need to get a SIM from AT&T (pay as you o or whatever) to do proper LTE and call testing.

I love the hardware, it's well made and feels good in the hand. I'm not sold on battery life -- less than my iPhone 5, Nexus 4 and Lumia 920 -- and the camera is NOT good enough (but the software and time shift stuff is super cool) -- but the device is speedy and well made.

I'm still working my way through the OS. I won't use this thread to share my first impressions, I just wanted to share that I got the phone.

My only WTF moment is the fact the there was a holster case in the box. It's 2013. It's time o get rid of the holster. It totally ruins such a beautiful device.
    02-02-13 06:49 PM
    I got mine at the launch event on Wednesday. I'm a Verizon subscriber so I'm going to need to get a SIM from AT&T (pay as you o or whatever) to do proper LTE and call testing.

I love the hardware, it's well made and feels good in the hand. I'm not sold on battery life -- less than my iPhone 5, Nexus 4 and Lumia 920 -- and the camera is NOT good enough (but the software and time shift stuff is super cool) -- but the device is speedy and well made.

I'm still working my way through the OS. I won't use this thread to share my first impressions, I just wanted to share that I got the phone.

My only WTF moment is the fact the there was a holster case in the box. It's 2013. It's time o get rid of the holster. It totally ruins such a beautiful device.
    Which version? A Rogers ? Or international? Wondering what they gave out

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 07:08 PM
    my advice is switch the front and back cameras to 4:3, i remember when i first got the dev alpha what a difference that makes, it goes from 6 to 8mp on back and 1.4 to 2mp on front.

as for battery life, we`re all trying it out so much its more than usual useage, iv had more `normal` useage today with my Z10 and the battery is getting better for certain. also i reccomend draining the battery, pulling the battery then charging fully up again, this seems to have improved things for me too.
    02-02-13 07:20 PM
    I am getting mine from EE today.

Unlimitted calls and text to any network and 20GB data plan for �46.( I had family and friends from T-mobile Uk, so i got 40% off my price plan)
    Could you ask EE to open a branch in Canada?
    02-02-13 09:41 PM
    Are there different retail boxes available? I saw some unboxing videos on Youtube that has a free pouch and some do not (big and small box). Can someone enlighten me about this? Thank You.
    PS. Im in the US and it sucks that we have to wait till March!
    02-02-13 10:23 PM
    What the box contains totally depends on the carrier.
    02-02-13 10:36 PM
    I just got mine yesterday in Carphone Warehouse on an Orange plan. I'm very impressed with the new OS. I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of Bebuzz and What'sapp, but it's early days at the moment so I'm not going to hold it against the phone itself. I'm also less than impressed with the battery, but again, I'm betting that a short wait will rectify it as I recall the improvements made with software updates on the 9900. I love the hub, and the unlock transition (where it sort of unblurs following your thumb). This si my first true touch screen only phone and I was a little apprehensive at first, but typing on the z10 is very easy and I might end up quicker than on my 9900 because of the new typing system (swiftkey is it?). Once my new contract is actually processed and I can phone people and text/email, I think I'll be enjoying this phone quite a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    02-02-13 11:11 PM
    Picked mine up 2 days ago, Battery life seems good, the phone took a hammering of use and still gave me a full days use before battery went amber.
    Touchscreen is awsome and very responsive, apps are clean and crisp, UI is smooth and just "Flows" sorry about that. Loving the peek feature and the unlocking gesture.
    If the so called promise apps hit the market, Blackberry will be back on the map.
    Well impressed so far!!!!!!
    02-03-13 02:41 AM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    excited by the feedback so far! picking mine up tuesday (Canada!!)
    02-03-13 02:50 AM
    24 mth contract?
    02-03-13 03:08 AM
    I am getting mine from EE today.

Unlimitted calls and text to any network and 20GB data plan for �46.( I had family and friends from T-mobile Uk, so i got 40% off my price plan)
    24mth contract?
    02-03-13 03:40 AM
    Got my Z10 last Friday and really loving the experience. I came from a 9900 so still getting used to the touch screen. A few things I miss like more choice with ring tones and can't find a way to save email, but I discover something new everyday. I think the point is it's a brand new os and it can only get better. Enjoy
    mysongs4life likes this.
    02-03-13 03:52 AM
    Does BlackBerry collecting my data etc use my own data? Because I don't have much of it as it is and the z10 is using it :P
    02-03-13 04:34 AM
    I got mine on launch day in the UK SIM free I love it. Takes a little while to get used to the new gestures but am fine with it now. Couple of things could be easier though..If I get a text off somebody and want to ring them back, the OS could make it easier to dial the mobile number from the text message which you used to be able to do from the BB button on the 9800 or by pressing on the name in the text. Anyone worked out how to do this easier? Also, disappointed BB bridge will no longer work with my playbook apart from tethering and I will have to wait for the PB to be updated.I like how you can organise the apps into folders like on the PB. The browser is SPECTACULARLY fast! Whatsapp and skype coming soon is good, but would have been nice at launch.
    02-03-13 05:02 AM
    Are there different retail boxes available? I saw some unboxing videos on Youtube that has a free pouch and some do not (big and small box). Can someone enlighten me about this? Thank You.
    PS. Im in the US and it sucks that we have to wait till March!
    The smaller boxes are retail and the bigger ones with pouch were given to people at the launch events I believe.
    02-03-13 05:16 AM
    Had my Z10 since Thursday morning. (Yes I am on the photo outside Phones4U)

All I can say is that I'm loving it, especially the integration with the Playbook. My previous 9800 had stopped working altogether with the Playbook and its so nice to have the tether back.

Its obviously getting some traction within the UK, as in the last few days I've had numerous requests to upgrade peoples BES to version 10. Previously all anyone wanted to talk about was Good Technologies.
    gokulesh likes this.
    02-03-13 05:17 AM
    I am so impressed with this phone. Latest gem was me typing the first three letters of my home town in a message and then each of the remaining words and the county all appearing as auto selects on the keyboard in order! Simple but nice touch IMO
    Lehomer and eh55 like this.
    02-03-13 05:18 AM
    Can someone in uk buy it on my behalf and ship it to usa with extra fee?
    02-03-13 05:32 AM
    Hi,

I switched from a 9900 yesterday and just connected my 9900 to my PC having already uninstalled the old BlackBerry desktop software and installed blackberry link, the link software prompts that the 9900 isn't compatable but gives you an option to transfer data to your new BB10 device.

Worked like a charm

Hope you've had some luck since posting.

Nick
    mysongs4life likes this.
    02-03-13 05:47 AM
    I'm with you guys! Received my unit yesterday afternoon, contract free from a UK store. I chose a white model.
    A bit of advice: for those of you who are having issues trying to sync more than 1 Google Calendar, get Calendar Sync from BlackBerry World!
    webcash and mysongs4life like this.
    02-03-13 06:36 AM
1,854 ... 56789 ...