Hi phil, I notice you have a new z10, on ee.
    Do they support wifi calling on it as orange (ee) still do on older devices?
    Thanks
    Paul.
    No idea Paul, sorry... I'm on Vodafone UK not EE
    02-01-13 10:20 AM
    Please tell me that the browser doesn't checkerboard as bad as the pb does.
    Not at all. Jumping from an iPhone 5 to the Z10, I must say, the browser is as good if not better..
    02-01-13 10:21 AM
    Did you try using BlackBerry Protect to switch devices? I got an email from BlackBerry this morning saying BlackBerry Protect will transfer all my phone info using BlackBerry ID.
    BlackBerry Protect won't restore email account setup info or inbox items.

Will need to look into this further.
    europolska00 likes this.
    02-01-13 10:23 AM
    I got my z10 from EE yesterday, and frustratingly my BBM is not working. Everytime i try to open the application it says

BBM Error
    Unable to Connect
    You need a data plan to use BBM. Please contact your service provider for details.

All other data applications like email facebook and twitter work fine, my signal has the capital G in it, and theres a blackberry logo next to the signal.
    If this doesnt get solved by tomorrow, im taking it back.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
    02-01-13 10:28 AM
    Not at all. Jumping from an iPhone 5 to the Z10, I must say, the browser is as good if not better..
    Thank whoever we look up to and thank!
    02-01-13 10:33 AM
    You can screen capture by pressing the up and down volume key at the same time just like on the Playbook.
    greenpaula likes this.
    02-01-13 10:33 AM
    I'm planning a trip to Canada to pick up a white Z10. I work for an airline, so that will make it easy! I must admit, I was disappointed right after the launch, but I've reviewed the specs which have reminded me what a fantastic phone this is, and after seeing real photos taken with the phone that are great, I'm stoked again!

(sorry, this seems off topic, but I was trying to reply to an earlier post...still haven't figured out how to do that, I guess!)
    annon91221 likes this.
    02-01-13 10:36 AM
    Just received mine, CPW sim free. Firstly, wow the screen is beautifully clear and the hardware is perfect.

Just setting up my accounts - wish me luck!!
    JPSKILLZ likes this.
    02-01-13 10:37 AM
    your definitley signed into BBID right? options> BlackBerry ID

it all runs of BBID so this could be why
    02-01-13 10:39 AM
    I did sign in on BBID; I tried my existing one, and when that didnt work, i security wiped the z10 and created a new one, and that didnt work either.
    02-01-13 10:41 AM
    I have received my Z10 this morning and am disappointed that Blackberry did not decide to make the transition of switching from an old Blackberry runing 7.0 to a 10.0 an easy process.

Being rather techie it took me at least half an hour before i tried numerous fails being:

a) loading up blackberry desktop manager and backing up old device then trying to restore on the new z10 device. error blackberry desktop manager does not support blackberry os10.0

b) this then leads me to the blackberry website where i download this new software called blackberry link - again no options to switch from an old device.

after hours of trying to work this out and get rather frustrated i managed to find the device switch on the z10 itself and it advises you need to action the device switch from the setup menu on your os7.0 device and only via memory card.

anyway to cut a long story short - i managed to successfully switch over to the z10 but to one huge disappointment.

everything has transfered- but none of my emails or accounts.

i never received an error during device switch process so i am confused.

is anyone else having the same issue?
    There is an option on that Device Switch wizard to transfer emails. See here for more info:

How to switch BlackBerry 7 smartphones using a MicroSD card �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Perhaps you did not check that option at the time?
    02-01-13 10:45 AM
    I wonder if purchasing one from Rogers and using it on AT&T will work? Is anyone in the US planning on doing this? I SO want this device!
    02-01-13 11:05 AM
    Did you try using BlackBerry Protect to switch devices? I got an email from BlackBerry this morning saying BlackBerry Protect will transfer all my phone info using BlackBerry ID.
    Thank you...Thank you..Thank you....Thank you!!!!!!
    02-01-13 11:09 AM
    There is an option on that Device Switch wizard to transfer emails. See here for more info:

How to switch BlackBerry 7 smartphones using a MicroSD card �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Perhaps you did not check that option at the time?
    I don't have my Z10 yet (in store, must wait until Tuesday....), so this is just going by the Link website. I believe it WILL NOT transfer emails. It seems these need to be set up manually. Can anyone else confirm? This is what the website says:

With BlackBerry Link, you can transfer information that was saved to the memory on your old device, including1:

Contacts
    Files (pictures, music, documents)
    Calendar items
    Tasks and Memos2
    BBM™ contacts
    Browser bookmarks and folders
    Alarm/clock settings
    Text/SMS/MMS/PIN messages
    Phone Call Logs
    WLAN Profiles (for non-enterprise networks)
    Password Keeper entries

I got the impression using the MicroSD card tranferred LESS data than using Link.

**Update** I just re-watched the demo video and it specifically says you CANNOT transfer emails as they are in a different format on BB7 vs BB10.
    02-01-13 01:16 PM
    Hi ark1g09

(1) Did you let your carrier know you were moving to a BlackBerry 10 Smartphone ? or did you take your micro SIM card from your iPhone, Windows or Android and stick it into your new z10? or, maybe you got a brand new SIM card?

What SIM are you using?
    02-01-13 01:23 PM
    **Update** I just re-watched the demo video and it specifically says you CANNOT transfer emails as they are in a different format on BB7 vs BB10.
    That actually stinks. I have 8 email accounts that are currently setup on my BB9900 with a lot of emails spread across each one. If I can't bring those over, that is gonna suck ballz.
    02-01-13 01:27 PM
    I got mine this morning!

Cant decide which BG to choose

Attachment 133331Attachment 133332
    It looks like the outline of the apps matches different backgrounds?
    02-01-13 01:32 PM
    Thanks a lot you guys!!!! This thread has brought me to tears, like a big ol spoiled brat baby!!!! I want my Z10, and I want it NOW!!!!
    JPSKILLZ likes this.
    02-01-13 01:49 PM
    I got my z10 from EE yesterday, and frustratingly my BBM is not working. Everytime i try to open the application it says

BBM Error
    Unable to Connect
    You need a data plan to use BBM. Please contact your service provider for details.

All other data applications like email facebook and twitter work fine, my signal has the capital G in it, and theres a blackberry logo next to the signal.
    If this doesnt get solved by tomorrow, im taking it back.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
    I had this problem after I swapped the sim from my iphone to the Z10. I was thinking to call Rogers to see if they needed to set something up on their end, but I just reset the phone, tried it again and now all is working fine. However, I did get a text from Rogers a few minutes after popping my sim in the Z10 saying something about setting up my data. Sorry, I deleted the text and cant remember exactly what it said.
    02-01-13 01:51 PM
    Won't have mine til tuesday so can't post in this thread........ooh.....guess i just did. lol.
    8230 likes this.
    02-01-13 01:53 PM
    GOT IT!! In White, need my sim card cutting down or replaced with a micro sim for �10 though going to do that tomorrow, wifi for now and old Torch
    02-01-13 02:04 PM
    I wonder if purchasing one from Rogers and using it on AT&T will work? Is anyone in the US planning on doing this? I SO want this device!
    Yes it will. Same bands. You can buy a Rogers, Telus or Bell version and it will work on AT&T.
    02-01-13 02:40 PM
    i got 2, and love them both, too bad ill be selling one to get the wife a Q10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-01-13 02:57 PM
    Arrived today (Vodafone). Wifes arrives on Tuesday. Very good so far. Just waiting to get work e-mail sorted.
    02-01-13 04:15 PM
    Rogers, Bell, TELUS all use the same GSM network and as for AT&T, they're systems are identical to that of Canadian carriers. So alas, if you unlock it or buy an unlocked version it will work fine as kind.
    Fubaz and Deu2e like this.
    02-01-13 04:40 PM
1,854 ... 34567 ...