The Galaxy Note 7 has more battery issues than my Z10. I complain about the battery dying before the day is over. They complain about the batteries exploding. Hmmm.... If Samsung had designed their phones with removable batteries they could just replace and recall the batteries, not the entire deviice. Now if this happened to Apple then maybe people would start seeing the benefits of removable batteries again.

I also wanted to vent about people claiming that a certain "app" isn't available on the BB10 platform and somehow think Blackberry has something to do with it. The reason why the app developer can pick and choose which platform he develops on is because apps are an unregulated platform. The telephony standards that BB10 followed allow the phones to make calls, send messages in many countries and will be able to do so for many years to come. Email services work have agreed upon standards and that is why they continue to work. Whatsapp could announce tomorrow that everyone needs to migrate to FaceBook messenger as they will be closing down whatsapp servers and there is no requirement for them keep it going. (Microsoft is closing down Skype access to it's Windows Phone 7 platform.)

I hate my Z10's battery life. But at least it is better than the Note 7. It's sad that some app developers won't support BB10 in the future but I get to choose to keep my phone because it adheres to the standards that allow it to work today, tomorrow and for years to come. Like many here, I don't mind having less apps and I support native app developers. I just get tired of rants about what is not available. The Z10 is good enough for me.
    09-19-16 01:59 PM
    09-19-16 02:28 PM
    It is my belief phone companies don't want to have removable batteries because that would encourage people to keep their phones longer instead of upgrading to the next model. All this talk about water proof is just a smokescreen.

Passport!
    skstrials likes this.
    09-19-16 02:38 PM
    Samsung is currently getting destroyed.

Currently, every passenger who gets on a commercial flight in the United States is hearing some variation of the following announcement:

"Ladies and gentlemen, due to the recent recall of Samsung phones due to battery fires, if you have a Samsung phone we require you to keep it powered off and not charge it while on board the aircraft."

Every passenger.

Every flight.

Every day.

A brand cannot tolerate that level of negative advertising at an individual level and survive.

Samsung is toast.

Now knowing this, if Blackberry was a nimble company they would place ads for their phones strategically positioned in the dozen or so major airline hubs in the US...and full page ads in the three major inflight magazines in the US.

Will they?

Can someone get this post on Chen's desk?
    09-20-16 07:44 AM
    Samsung is hardly going to skip a beat due to this. It's not a problem that affects their whole range, just one model. BlackBerry should advertise more but this is hardly their TSN turning point where they overtake Samsung. I mean, really. And if BlackBerry was a nimble company they would have that BB10 update out by now....

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 09:36 AM
    removable battery posted counterfeit danger. just walk down to the hongkong market and see how many cheap battery out there for every name brand phone... some if not all are not comply with the design std used by the phone companies. removable battery is great, until you get the counterfeit... (in addition, remove the package also increase the capacity of the battery for the same space... ).
    09-20-16 12:39 PM
    removable battery posted counterfeit danger. just walk down to the hongkong market and see how many cheap battery out there for every name brand phone... some if not all are not comply with the design std used by the phone companies. removable battery is great, until you get the counterfeit... (in addition, remove the package also increase the capacity of the battery for the same space... ).
    Yes, and the same can be said about the portable battery chargers and the charging cables.

Removable battery is no more dangerous than portable batteries. Just like any other things in life, you get what you pay for. Pay too cheap and you get cheap things.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 09:40 AM
    Removable battery is no more dangerous than portable batteries.
    Posted via CB10
    By having the battery removable you can make the device MORE safe. So the Galaxy Note has stopped production because they couldn't fix the battery issue. That worst-case scenario wouldn't exist if the battery could be removed. At least the flights would be safe.
    skstrials likes this.
    10-11-16 08:29 AM
    Samsung is hardly going to skip a beat due to this. It's not a problem that affects their whole range, just one model. BlackBerry should advertise more but this is hardly their TSN turning point where they overtake Samsung. I mean, really. And if BlackBerry was a nimble company they would have that BB10 update out by now....
    BBRY does not have the wherewithal to overtake anyone so that is not the issue. I think most BBRY fans just want the company to be competitive in the consumer space and we know that is most likely not going to happen.
    10-11-16 10:01 AM