There is been so much hype about HTC One that at first opportunity (visit to Best Buy store) i played with the phone. I put my Z10 next to HTC and played with it / compared both for a while. Pretty phone indeed. Beautifully built. The best looking Android phone.. I liked it styling It kind of remained me of Playbook with two speakers located on the front of the phone. HTC screen seems better as it is brighter. Having said that i must be spoiled by QNX or something because seriously i feel like Android is a bit primitive with those buttons on the bottom of the screen. Also i find Windows Mobile or BB10 much more elegant than Android. Android feels to me a bit ....... messy, too flashy. Feels like Las Vegas strip at night with all neons and lights on. Too much going on at the same time. Does not feel like professional grade tool. Android keyboard just sucks. Again primitive compared to slick Z10 keyboard. Chrome might be fast on desktop but it is nothing special on mobile especially compared to BB10 browser. Might have more useless features but BB10 browser is snappier. Blackberry feels snappy, simple and yet powerful. Android feels bogged down by all those things that are just not necessary. I do not know but i am not very impressed with android phones at all. This HTC One with BB10 would be gorgeous. Blackberry should license BB10 to HTC.
    a1s2d3f4g5, laketrout73 and eunoia like this.
    05-12-13 02:00 PM
    It's all a matter of user preference. I think if people give BB10 a chance, they will like it.
    05-12-13 02:26 PM
    OP I agree, I always said Androids are more for kids and teens it entertaining but foru professional or mature people Blackberry is better. Most companies here use blackberry also for security reasons.
    05-12-13 10:14 PM
    I like android. It has gotten much better(at least on the outside) with each iteration and I love my Nexus. However, I will never buy another HTC phone due to past experiences and experiences I've heard from others.

Sense and Touchwiz need a major cosmetic overhaul.
    05-12-13 10:17 PM
    In all fairness, I don't think Bitek would see too much positive about Android. Not an insult; I just know how much of a BB10 fan you are.

I like the discussion! Hopefully we can all be mature. Nothing wrong with preferences.

I think Chrome is a better browser than the BB10 browser in obe metric: syncability. The real-world use is priceless to me. Android on a whole is a better business tool for me because I communicate better, but to be fair, I rely heavily on Google services. Plus, most people do not need to do the things I do on my device. I don't say that to be arrogant; I've just come to realize that my needs are fairly over-the-top for most smartphone users. I also think Swype is a better keyboard (right now, it still owns the official speed record, though that is really a useless stat as I am no where close to it).

I think Android triumphs in two major categories: cloud compatibility and the ecosystem,allowing power users potentially be more productive. As BB10 matures, more stuff will be added to allow it catch up. For right now, it's perfect for legacy BB folks.
    JR A likes this.
    05-12-13 10:24 PM
    I like android. It has gotten much better(at least on the outside) with each iteration and I love my Nexus. However, I will never buy another HTC phone due to past experiences and experiences I've heard from others.

Sense and Touchwiz need a major cosmetic overhaul.
    Sense 5 was supposed to be a new look, but I am not convinced; I have NEVER liked Touchwiz. Going forward, carrier-willing, I'll be sticking with Nexus devices.
    JR A likes this.
    05-12-13 10:25 PM
    OP I agree, I always said Androids are more for kids and teens it entertaining but foru professional or mature people Blackberry is better. Most companies here use blackberry also for security reasons.
    What professional stuff do you do on your BB?
    05-12-13 10:26 PM
    Don't other phones because you are using a different one. Every smart phone has evolved from what they started from

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 10:26 PM
    I just purchased a Z10 just to try it out. I'm coming from a note 2 and was lurking in the Crackberry forums for sometime and finally pulled the trigger. Overall I really like the Z10, but where it falls short is in the number of apps. You can argue that one may not need apps, but that's not the case for a majority of people. You can also argue that you can side load apps, and that is a fix but it's temporary at best.

Everything else about the Z10 is great and especially the keyboard. I will probably keep this as a side phone and come back here and there to see the progress BlackBerry makes in the Os and the app store.

However, Android has made great improvements and I wouldn't call the OS primitive. It's simply ugly especially with all the custom skins companies out in them. The apps don't have a consistent design and layout. I think blackberry has a chance to become more like apple in this area since there are onyl a handful of models developers have to worry about. I guess we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 10:29 PM
    I'm sorry but..

I honestly have a hard time taking anyone's negative opinion of android (as a platform) seriously if they have not used or tried a nexus device. Owning and using one now for the better part of a month has truly changed my entire perception of this platform. There's no custom manufactured device that comes remotely close to a pure android experience. Its pure elegance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by ynomrah; 05-14-13 at 12:53 AM.
    jweimn and laketrout73 like this.
    05-13-13 11:17 PM
    I honestly have a hard time taking anyone's negative opinion of android (as a platform) seriously if they have not used or tried a nexus device. Owning and using for one now for the better part of a month has truly changed my entire perception of this platform. There's no custom manufactured device that comes remotely close to a pure android experience. Its pure elegance.

I've had a Nexus One, a Nexus S, and a Galaxy Nexus, and I agree that stock Android > all. Well, CyanogenMod, anyways. I'd never buy a non-Nexus device, and after my last two Samsung Nexuses, they're on my personal blacklist too.

Unfortunately I agree that the entirely button driven interface is dated, and my Gnex was running so many interface apps to make it work the way I wanted, it was a nightmare when every time I had to set it up. (full screen mod, pie controls, sidebar pro, rounded edges, etc.)

I bought a Z10 instead of the Nexus 4 I've been drooling over for a while specifically because of useability. I miss the ability to tweak, but this is closer to what I wanted in the first place anyways.

Really looking forward to Ubuntu phone OS, and it'll be interesting to see what they do with KLP. Ubuntu uses gestures as well as the sidebar, so I'm very interested to see where it goes. The demo release was really fun to use.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 11:46 PM
    OP, As many people from the Nexus community has stated. Sense, Touchwiz, Blurr isn't Android. It's powered by it but it isn't Android at all.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    05-13-13 11:56 PM
    My wife hates her s3. It constantly freezes. The OS really lacks polish

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 12:31 AM
    I've had a Nexus One, a Nexus S, and a Galaxy Nexus, and I agree that stock Android > all. Well, CyanogenMod, anyways. I'd never buy a non-Nexus device, and after my last two Samsung Nexuses, they're on my personal blacklist too.

Unfortunately I agree that the entirely button driven interface is dated, and my Gnex was running so many interface apps to make it work the way I wanted, it was a nightmare when every time I had to set it up. (full screen mod, pie controls, sidebar pro, rounded edges, etc.)

I bought a Z10 instead of the Nexus 4 I've been drooling over for a while specifically because of useability. I miss the ability to tweak, but this is closer to what I wanted in the first place anyways.

Really looking forward to Ubuntu phone OS, and it'll be interesting to see what they do with KLP. Ubuntu uses gestures as well as the sidebar, so I'm very interested to see where it goes. The demo release was really fun to use.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you, but the thing with gestures is that it may not be considered that much easier to use than said button, and most people are already used to the button type of interaction anyways. I know that will get me stoned here, but it's just Eye Em Oh...

I just mostly eliminated the need to use hardware buttons on my EVO LTE (I'm a sucker for gestures), and everyone who has sampled something like swiping to wake on it thinks it's slick but weird/strange though not necessarily bad, though. My daughter loves it, though.

Maybe the best thing that can happen with regards to the adoption of gestures is if Apple does it. Like NFC.
    05-14-13 12:32 AM
    My wife hates her s3. It constantly freezes. The OS really lacks polish

Posted via CB10
    She's patient. A phone that freezes constantly won't be my phone.
    05-14-13 12:34 AM
    Ah, mostly I like gestures VS. Buttons to clean up screen real estate.

Posted via CB10
    bitek likes this.
    05-14-13 12:34 AM
    Ah, mostly I like gestures VS. Buttons to clean up screen real estate.

Posted via CB10
    Gestures for the win. Just easier for me. My launcher and kernel support it, and I have gotten quite comfortable with them. I really think it is a feature BBRY does not highlight enough.
    05-14-13 12:36 AM
    Gestures are fine. I have a bunch set up on my nexus 10 for all basic functions of the device. Don't find them to add much speed or productivity to my overall usage though. A good amount of scenarios makes them very handy and fun, and personally I would rather have them enabled than not. But they have no real bearing on my device experience. On my phone I haven't had the chance to set them up the way I want, but I can't see me preferring it over the button layout there either. And at this point really, I don't mind having a device using some of its screen real estate for its buttons. I'd even go as far as to say I might prefer it.

05-14-13 01:05 AM