I love my z10 absolutely to death. Definitely the best os I've yet to use, and I feel way more productive than I ever did with android. I bought it out right about three or four weeks ago for 600$ from tmobile. But I feel like I got the short end of the stick finding out that I can now buy this phone for 229$ outright. especially considering the rumours of tmobile no longer supporting this phone. Why oh why did I get this phone unknowingly at the time it seems to be reaching it's life's end.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 01:11 PM
    SMH....prices go down over time, if you have paid attention to the news then this could have been planned for.
    09-03-13 01:17 PM
    Where do you see this phone for $229 outright? T-Mobile online, or at a company store?
    09-03-13 01:18 PM
    Regardless it's still a good deal, that's the way it goes with mobile phone, some you win some you lose.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
    09-03-13 01:20 PM
    Where do you see this phone for $229 outright? T-Mobile online, or at a company store?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=844804

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 01:26 PM
    Early adopters always "pay" 've the road, for the latecomers. I didn't do too bad, for the price (here in Canada, at the time), even considering our contracts.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    09-03-13 01:31 PM
    That's pounds not dollars which still ends up being over 400 us dollars.

Support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    09-03-13 01:31 PM
    I know the feeling...

I once paid $575.00 for a 50MB Hard Drive.
    09-03-13 01:33 PM
    That's pounds not dollars which still ends up being over 400 us dollars.

Support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    Makes me feel a little better.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 01:36 PM
    1. That's the STL100-2 model. Which has been out longer. And won't work on T-Mobile's high speed networks. You're comparing red apples to green apples.

2. The price you've linked to is 229, not $229. That's ~$350 by today's exchange rate. Not $600, but certainly not $229 either.
    09-03-13 01:37 PM
    I love my z10 absolutely to death. Definitely the best os I've yet to use, and I feel way more productive than I ever did with android. I bought it out right about three or four weeks ago for 600$ from tmobile. But I feel like I got the short end of the stick finding out that I can now buy this phone for 229$ outright. especially considering the rumours of tmobile no longer supporting this phone. Why oh why did I get this phone unknowingly at the time it seems to be reaching it's life's end.

Posted via CB10
    So much wrong with this one...

First off, it looks like some individual T-Mo stores won't be STOCKING the Z10 and Q10, and if those phones aren't selling well in those stores, well, that happens. Customers wanting those phones will still be able to order them in, so saying that T-Mo is "no longer supporting" is completely wrong.

And, as others have pointed out, that 229 refers to POUNDS, not dollars. Even so, remember that early adopters sometimes take a financial hit. It goes with the territory.
    09-03-13 01:40 PM

Posted via CB10

Do you feel ripped off because after you bought your car, you find out that the dealership has a Summer Clearance sale? Do you also feel ripped off after you buy clothes and then the store has a sale where you see that the clothes are now cheaper? If you keep waiting for something to be the cheapest, you're going to be waiting for months, then you'll probably complain that the phone is outdated and should have been free.

Also, you're feeling ripped off because of rumors? Jesus. If you're talking about that post about T-Mobile pulling the phone, that was in one store. That has no bearing on SUPPORT for the phone. BlackBerry 7 devices still get support and OS updates, do you really think they would just stop supporting a phone that came out six months ago? They are even working on bringing WiFi calling to the Z10.

Sorry you feel ripped off, but if you're going to read and believe rumors, then that's on you.
    Thunderbuck and wincyUt like this.
    09-03-13 01:43 PM
    All was said above, yet z10 is not nearly at its life cycle end and it still has a year to it probably

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 01:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    $229 is euros. Which is still $360USD. So yes, prices have dropped, but only in the UK right now. They have also had the phone out for like 2 months longer than the US.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 01:45 PM
    The phone is worth every penny but I see what you're saying in wish you had held off and got it for a little cheaper. **** happens. You still got a great powerful device.
    09-03-13 01:48 PM

Posted via CB10

I purchased the Playbook for $599 at full price just after release. The product was and still at Beta stage, months later prices dropped significantly to 1/3 of the price and now blackberry dropped support for it. Looks like a trend. Lesson learned... don't buy a blackberry product at full price until it has time to bake in the market - Then get it on ebay for cheap.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    09-03-13 02:14 PM
    The price of being an early adopter. I paid more for my Z10 in February than I would have paid yesterday, but I've also gotten to use it since then. Would I trade the difference in price for 7 more months of my 9800? Uh, no.
    09-03-13 02:19 PM
    I know the feeling...

I once paid $575.00 for a 50MB Hard Drive.
    I paid over 300.00 for 1 meg of ram for my Apple II. Worth every penny. I used that little booger till the Pentium came out.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    09-03-13 02:24 PM
    Regardless it's still a good deal, that's the way it goes with mobile phone, some you win some you lose.

$600 for a Z10 is a good deal? Dafuq?

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    09-03-13 02:32 PM
    SMH....prices go down over time, if you have paid attention to the news then this could have been planned for.
    Maybe on contract but unlocked prices rarely go down unless the device is not selling or a new device comes out.
    Htc one is still $599
    Galaxy S4 $599
    Iphone 5 $649, 749,849

The Z10 went from $599 to $369 (Amazon.com)
    09-03-13 02:38 PM
    The key to not experiencing that "ripped off" feeling is to either never buy the latest and greatest of of anything when it is first available or get an attitude adjustment with a reality check that early adopters usually pay a premium. I suggest the latter.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    09-03-13 02:42 PM
    Where the hell do you get Euros from? We're talking POUNDS! ������������������'s in Carphone Warehouse
    $229 is euros. Which is still $360USD. So yes, prices have dropped, but only in the UK right now. They have also had the phone out for like 2 months longer than the US.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 02:42 PM
    $600 for a Z10 is a good deal? Dafuq?

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    Deal is a deal regardless!!

09-03-13 03:08 PM
    Go buy a car and sell it 6 months later. Come back and let us know the price difference. Get it First, pay the bucks. That's the rule.
    09-03-13 03:09 PM
    Maybe on contract but unlocked prices rarely go down unless the device is not selling or a new device comes out.
    Htc one is still $599
    Galaxy S4 $599
    Iphone 5 $649, 749,849

The Z10 went from $599 to $369 (Amazon.com)
    The OP bought the phone from T-Mobile. They currently have the Z10 priced at $531.99.

I'm assuming the $600 price OP paid was after taxes.
    09-03-13 03:51 PM
31 12