Hey guy!

As you know, I went to play with one today. I was waiting for T-Mobile to release it on the 27th. So I go to Best Buy, but they were too busy with other customers so I didn't bother. I went up to the AT&T store down the block. I walk in and I am the only person there. This store bites, by the way. Half the phones are off the wall. Didn't even have a Z10 on the wall. Literally, you'd have to ask for one.

Anyway, there was 1 rep there and immediately I ask if I can see a Z10 to play around on. He says they don't have a model, but he ended up opening a new one out of a box for me. He then says, "this phone is awesome!" So I was suddenly happy to be speaking to him. After getting the screen up, he is showing me swiping, the browser, the camera, everything. He kept making comments like, "this is the fastest browser out right now." "The camera feature is awesome!" "The keyboard is just wow. Amazing. Nothing like it." I also noticed he had an iPhone! I was really shocked because I read most people here had terrible AT&T experiences. He just kept going on and on about how awesome this phone is. He also said he is going to be getting a new phone soon because he is tired of his.

So I am sitting there and just say F*CK IT! I am buying this thing today. Not waiting for T-Mobile. Sure AT&T is more expensive, but they do have the fastest 4G anyway.. haha. Besides, Sprint told me today that I can just suspend my phone for 6 months and pay $8 instead of paying a ridiculous fee to get out of my contract, so that was exciting today.

Anyway, as I left, the rep says, "enjoy it! I'm jealous!"

So far, I am confused as heck honestly. I embarrassingly admit I cannot get out of BBM. How do I get out of BBM!?! I sure need to get used to this no home button.
    SDTRMG, 007Storm, q649 and 88 others like this.
    03-23-13 03:21 PM
    Congrats.

BBM in the hub you mean? Click on the bbm in bottom left and you'll see full list of accounts in th hub, and click the hub one at top of list.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 03:25 PM
    Actually I am in the browser by accident and how do I get out of the browser? Lol!
    03-23-13 03:25 PM
    Actually I am in the browser by accident and how do I get out of the browser? Lol!
    Swipe up from the bottom of the screen(from the BlackBerry logo up.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 03:29 PM
    swipe up from the bottom and it should put it in the active frames list. Close it by hitting the x?
    03-23-13 03:30 PM
    To exit the browser, swipe up from bottom of screen. The browser app will now be minimized, but still an active screen.
    You should see an X in lower right corner when minimized....hope this is what you were asking about..cheers

Posted using BlackBerry Z10
    03-23-13 03:30 PM
    Simply swipe up from the bottom of the phone and the program/app will minimize. Then you can click the "x" in the bottom right corner of the minimized program/app to close it.
    03-23-13 03:31 PM

Swipe up from the bottom bezzel. It's default to minimize any application
    Ahh I got it. I forgot about swiping up. Ugh. Sorry I sound so dumb right now. I am usually quick at learning technology. This is something different.
    To exit the browser, swipe up from bottom of screen. The browser app will now be minimized, but still an active screen.
    You should see an X in lower right corner when minimized....hope this is what you were asking about..cheers

Posted using BlackBerry Z10
    Also, what he said.
    Congrats! Enjoy your z10 (as soon as you get unstuck...lol). I am 6 mos. from the end of my contract w/ Sprint, so I'm curious about suspending your account, or whatever you did for $8/ mo. Can you elaborate? I was resigned to pay $200 etf for my 2 lines next month, but it sounds like you're on to somehing.
    03-23-13 03:32 PM
    Congrats! Enjoy your z10 (as soon as you get unstuck...lol). I am 6 mos. from the end of my contract w/ Sprint, so I'm curious about suspending your account, or whatever you did for $8/ mo. Can you elaborate? I was resigned to pay $200 etf for my 2 lines next month, but it sounds like you're on to somehing.
    To end mine was $200. But you can freeze/suspend your phone for 6 months (tops) for only $8 a month. But it only goes to 6 months so well that is perfect for you. Mine is up in Jan '14. You just won't be able to transfer your phone number to another carrier, but hey who cares for this phone. :P
    slparry, DJRikko, bungaboy and 8 others like this.
    03-23-13 03:35 PM
    Haha, why doesn't this surprise me? I knew it would be hard for you to hold out. The spirit may be willing, but the flesh is crackberryed. Congrats!
    03-23-13 03:37 PM
    Congrats! Your battery life is going to SUCK for at least two days. Consider that your Blackberry 10 initiation hazing!

Don't panic. It gets better. Cheers.
    big_time2, RobNyc, robkd and 2 others like this.
    03-23-13 03:37 PM
    I'm glad your experience turned out well but supporting stores that do a terrible job promoting the device is feeding the evil "We don't have to respect BlackBerry and properly display the devices..."Attitude on display at too many stores... but as it turns out you might have spread the "I love BB10" virus to a new "Carrier" (the rep who showed you the device). Congrats.

Posted via CB10
    RussBerry007 likes this.
    03-23-13 03:39 PM
    Congrats! Your battery life is going to SUCK for at least two days. Consider that your Blackberry 10 initiation hazing!

Don't panic. It gets better. Cheers.
    LOL! I figured... I foresee me being on this non-stop all day and possible half the night.
    03-23-13 03:39 PM
    I'm glad your experience turned out well but supporting stores that do a terrible job promoting the device is feeding the evil "We don't have to respect BlackBerry and properly display the devices..."Attitude on display at too many stores... but as it turns out you might have spread the "I love BB10" virus to a new "Carrier" (the rep who showed you the device). Congrats.
    Posted via CB10
    A year from now those same reps that are dismissive of BB10 will have changed their tune.
    ibpluto, goutiermy and big_time2 like this.
    03-23-13 03:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I actually was thinking the same thing, but the guy was extremely nice and supportive towards the phone. It kinda just sucked me in. It looked like the store was in the process of putting up new phones. It was the first time I was there so I have no idea.
    03-23-13 03:40 PM
    LOL! I figured... I foresee me being on this non-stop all day and possible half the night.
    If you're like most of us, you'll start harassing your friends with texts and emails just as an excuse to use the keyboard... Then you'll be on a mission to convert them just to fill up your BBM contacts...
    03-23-13 03:41 PM
    I'm loving my Z10- but really miss a few specific apps. Mostly Spotify

Posted via CB10
    big_time2 and RobNyc like this.
    03-23-13 03:44 PM
    Congrats on the new Z10! It does take a little getting used to, but once you do, it is a great experience.

Nice to hear a good sales story, too!

Posted via CB10
    be careful with the suspend because since you are on contract your date will just be pushed out longer to get out of contract. The wife had about 4 months left on her sprint contract and was going to just suspend her contract then found out you still have to finish the contract in full after the suspend period. Decide just to end it the contract early instead.
    Good to hear that you have a z10 now! unfortunately AT&T stores are still lacking on the ads but its a positive sign that the sales rep likes the phone.
    03-23-13 03:46 PM
    Welcome to the 'dark-side', glad you took the leap.
    Dance steps are easy, swipe up, left right then pull down see, not so bad after all
    03-23-13 03:47 PM
    There's an introductory video that should have started up first time you used the phone, but if the rep set it up you might have missed that.

Anyway there is a whole bunch of introductory clips on the BlackBerry YouTube site. And also the last thing people think of looking at, the manuals and the help on the phone itself, both are excellent. Link to manuals in my sig if you go to the fill site rather than CB app on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 03:49 PM
302 123 ...