Ha-ha. CB *'ed the word idi0t. What a polite forum!
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    03-23-13 06:09 PM
    You really are going to be up all night...
    pinkberryz10 likes this.
    03-23-13 06:09 PM
    You really are going to be up all night...
    LOL I like to have things finished right away!
    03-23-13 06:12 PM
    come on verizon!
    03-23-13 06:14 PM
    I enjoyed hearing how you could not leave without the phone.
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-23-13 06:14 PM
    I am working on sideloading now. For some reason the DDPB keeps saying error. I restarted the computer and restarted the phone. IDK!
    I assume you've enabled developer mode? Also, make sure your firewall doesn't interfere, if you have your computer locked down extra tight.
    03-23-13 06:17 PM
    I'm guilty of the impulsive purchase as well when it arrived here in Toronto. Congrats on the phone! I'm sure you won't have buyers remorse.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy ZED10
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-23-13 06:21 PM
    Loved how she ended up getting her Z10. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-23-13 06:22 PM
    Congrats! I'm less than a week away from receiving my white Zed10 and I'm dying here. Like you, I went to the AT&T store to have a meet and greet with this awesome device, but I've been with AT&T for several years and am wanting a change-up in carriers. So I had to resist the temptation to buy. Again, congrats!
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-23-13 06:23 PM
    I am working on sideloading now. For some reason the DDPB keeps saying error. I restarted the computer and restarted the phone. IDK!
    Make sure you have the correct version of java loaded
    03-23-13 06:25 PM
    Grats on your new z10!

You're one of us now.

You're one of us now.

You're one of us now.

You're one of us now.

You're one of us now.

You're one of us now...

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:29 PM
    apparently the Z10s AT&T is selling are also 100-3 models, is this correct?
    If so, parhaps I should just buy one from them off contract and walk across the street to TMobile have them activate the phone(I understand It would first have to be unlocked)
    If they're going for around 600 on eBay and AT&T will sell it to me for 549... is that before tax?
    I'm not sure what the better deal is.
    03-23-13 06:30 PM
    DDPB was problematic for me as well. I used the Chrome PlayBook App Manager method, works like a charm

Sideloading made easy with the PlayBook App Manager Browser Plugin | CrackBerry.com
    03-23-13 06:40 PM
    Connect your phone to the computer via USB. You can do it wirelessly, but this is bulletproof...

Settings>Security and Privacy>Development Mode

Turn it on. Make a password. Then...

Settings>Network Connection>YourWifiHere

Click Advanced at the bottom and on the next page where it says Wi-Fi Information, tap for the dropdown, select Internet Connection and you will see your IP Address.

Open DDPB and in the Playbook IP Address Field put in the IP from above. Put in the password you selected above. Click connect.

A popup should say, "Connecting" and then the "Connect" button should change to "Connected". Then select whatever bar files you want, and Install. Easy peasy. Enjoy.
    elGuapoTorres and BBInPlay like this.
    03-23-13 06:42 PM
    Congratulations, Erin!

I also waited a month before finally getting a Z10; I feel like the Z10 is a mini-computer that will take the place of even a tablet when doing presentations. You're going to find that a lot of the built-in apps are already supremely useful; I find multi-tasking to be very very fast.
    This will definitely make your life more productive and organized. It has done so for me. That is simply priceless! Enjoy!
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-23-13 06:47 PM
    Another happy camper on board.
    Welcome! Hope you enjoy your Z10's awesomeness! : )

Posted via CB10 via my awesome Zed (or is that Zee?)10
    03-23-13 06:55 PM
    Actually I am in the browser by accident and how do I get out of the browser? Lol!
    Learning curve....we all have them. Got my Z10 yesterday, no problem getting it activated, contact all the stuff done. All of sudden the damn thing is ringing...oh no got a phone call...have no clue how to answer it. Still can't figure that out....but who cares everything else works! lol
    lwaysluking, Spirerock and xpowers like this.
    03-23-13 07:13 PM
    Congratulations! Such a nice phone
    03-23-13 07:15 PM
    ^ swipe down from the middle of the screen to answer calls.

Congrats Erin!

Posted via CB10
    Spirerock and lwaysluking like this.
    03-23-13 07:18 PM
    I'm glad your experience turned out well but supporting stores that do a terrible job promoting the device is feeding the evil "We don't have to respect BlackBerry and properly display the devices..."Attitude on display at too many stores... but as it turns out you might have spread the "I love BB10" virus to a new "Carrier" (the rep who showed you the device). Congrats.

Posted via CB10

yeah well I agree. The way I always saw it is you have phones.....then you have Blackberry

Best way to treat ill-informed stores is to vote with your wallet!!
    03-23-13 07:28 PM
    Congrats on the Z10. I've barely put mine down since yesterday and learning new things every moment. Just takes a little time and patience.

Posted via CB10
    I was like you in my first days too. Too wonderfully amazing. I was adamant to learn how the new OS works and got many of my tips from the good people of CB.

I suspect we are a group really like no other; appreciating the phone for the phone's sake and not how many apps there are.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:29 PM
    All of sudden the damn thing is ringing...oh no got a phone call...have no clue how to answer it. Still can't figure that out....but who cares everything else works! lol
    This awesome device is a phone too? Wow, who woulda knew? So much to learn.... and I've had mine 5 weeks now
    03-23-13 07:31 PM
    Actually I am in the browser by accident and how do I get out of the browser? Lol!
    ^ correct way to ask for help on crackberry! incorrect way that we've been seeing a lot: "omg this phone sucks so bad bb is dead returning it right now!!!"

Goob job
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    03-23-13 07:32 PM
    I did the Google Chrome side load and it worked. Too bad I can't get Instagram to work.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:32 PM
    Haha! I like a challenge!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:33 PM
302 ... 23456 ...