My Z10 fell face down from a coffee table and unfortunately the glass cracked. There isn't a single flaw on the screen(looks as good as ever) so I suspect only the upper layer broke, if there is such thing (?).

Would this be the answer to my problems of must I replace the entire LCD screen?
    11-25-13 05:47 PM
    I would avoid going for just the digitizer and getting the full LCD assembly. The glue/adheasive that holds the digitizer and LCD together is rather brutal to get off, and it would save more hassle when putting the new screen in. Before ordering though, just for the sake that you'll be opening your device anyway. Try remaking the LCD/Digitizer connections, they may have come out during the impact.

Just to clarify, the Z10 has a single layer of glass before the LCD, meaning if it cracks, it won't work. So if your screen really is flawless (Absolutely no Hairline cracks and such), remaking connections might just do the trick.

Before you go reaching for that screwdriver though, INSURANCE?!
    11-25-13 05:59 PM
    The digitizer and the screen are fused together and are near impossible to separate. When I wound up breaking my Z10's screen - I had to replace the top level (digitizer) and the screen at the same time. Higher cost, but easier to do at the end of the day.
    11-25-13 06:03 PM
    So I found the LCD/Digitizer part but can I ask one last thing? Is there any difference between the LCDs in terms of STLs or can I go ahead and buy it? Thanks for helping me by the way. I checked out a video of a guy separating the two and if it weren't for your replies I would have made a BIG mistake.
    11-25-13 06:31 PM
    I just bought and installed this one on my cracked screen Z10. It works perfect.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CK5...bUvbUpU9611151

You need torx 1 and torx 5 (and torx 4) screwdrivers. Just follow this tutorial.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 07:51 PM
    In readings here, it appears that there are DIFFERENT screen models. Best way to determine is to remove the old one and check serial/model number.
    wxmancanada likes this.
    11-25-13 08:26 PM
    In readings here, it appears that there are DIFFERENT screen models. Best way to determine is to remove the old one and check serial/model number.
    Sometimes I fail to understand why BlackBerry would do this. It's so stupid of them.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-26-13 09:02 AM
    Sometimes I fail to understand why BlackBerry would do this. It's so stupid of them.
    Cheaper pricing? Some slight modification that required the change. It is odd.
    11-26-13 09:49 AM
    Almost all devices go through various parts changes. The Xbox 360 is a good example of different chipsets and DVD Drives, reasons usually include
    > Price (cheaper components sometimes = cheaper units, doesn't always translate that way)
    > standardised materials/parts - more "cross compatible" with other devices by the same manufacture

> Reliability - high failure rate may cause a manufacture to change the supplier or part to one with more proven reliability.

> compatibility - other part changes may warrant a certain part to also be changed.

Feature - think the Xbox 360 falcon chip, which allowed newer devices to have HDMI.

It's not uncommon at all. Annoying however!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 01:29 PM
    You might want to consider a tempered glass screen protector. All these touch on lens phones are subject to the digitizer failing with screen damage.

I have Ghost Glass. Initial product was poor quality, but the current supply looks good. I got two free protectors from them. They kept shipping me product until I was happy.

The other glass cover is clairvue.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 01:55 PM
    Just ordered the LCD/digitizer assembly for $175. Ouch.
    11-26-13 06:39 PM
    It would have been cheaper to get a bad esn Z10 from ebay and useing it for parts
    11-26-13 07:06 PM
    I'll fix this one, sell it and buy two from Carphone Warehouse
    11-26-13 07:26 PM
    lol make money
    11-27-13 06:48 PM
    ETradesupply has the screen, digitizer, and whole middle frame assembly for just over $50 right now. Far from the nearly $150 I paid to replace mine back in the day.

BlackBerry Z10 LCD Screen and Digitizer with Middle Plate (4G Version)

Edit: Didn't see you'd already bought one, for that much. Ouch indeed! Is it too late to cancel your order?
    11-27-13 08:00 PM
    Also when you're replacing the screen be REALLY REALLY careful feeding the ribbon cable through the housing. That's how I broke my first one, by not being careful swapping the black housing for a white. Feels bad.
    11-27-13 08:03 PM
    That's sucks, had my gf 's replaced, cost 220, saw the guy do it, looks pretty simple but rather someone else do it... their responsibility

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 09:15 PM
    I Just ordered this item from Amazon: Amazon.com: Blackberry Z10 Front Panel Touch Screen Glass Digitizer Lens Replacement Repair Part: Cell Phones & Accessories

$34.99 incl Shpg
    Last edited by BBbari; 12-02-13 at 10:15 AM.
    11-30-13 10:49 AM
    I have read good things from others about the etrade site. I don't know much about the assembly but supposedly you want the ENTIRE front piece and not just the very front "glass" surface????
    11-30-13 11:13 AM
    I fixed it today... the guy had a tough time as it was his first Z10 but it's back to being perfect now. I'm sf happy XD
    FF22 likes this.
    11-30-13 11:52 AM
    I fixed it today... the guy had a tough time as it was his first Z10 but it's back to being perfect now. I'm sf happy XD
    Did you purchase the part yourself or did the fix-it guy provide it? Where did you purchase, if you did?
    11-30-13 01:41 PM
    I bought it from ML which is like eBay for South America and the guy(one of my students' boyfriend) replaced it for a tenner.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 01:49 PM
    The entire first year, your device is insured, right? If you can't see any cracks, I'd have the shop you bought it at repair it. They can't tell you dropped it if it doesn't show. Maybe you get it fixed for free that way.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    Justam likes this.
    11-30-13 02:03 PM
    Yep, I received the "glass". That's not what I want - I just didn't understand it all until now. I plan to go into town and get the correct tools, take the phone apart and check the part # on the LCD part and order again. Maybe I can return the part I bought from "iParts Outlet" or exchange it for the LCD. With shipping, the glass alone was $35 US.
    12-13-13 09:19 AM
    AND: Where is the LCD part #? After you separate the LCD display screen from the frame, you will see it printed lightly in the middle of the mirrored surface. Not easy to see but it was there!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-22-13 02:56 PM