No he is not high on anything. The duplication issue is real and it exists. Lot of threads on that here on CB. The issue is with Gmail. No need to call the guy out on something which is real and exists. There is a solution, he just didn't know about it.

Posted via CB10
    The issue is not gmail or google. I had only yahoo account when i got the phone and my contacts were duplicating and also triple contacts for some.
    04-22-13 06:57 PM
    Well, I'm now managing my contacts though my shaw webmail, however the Z10 is still unable to maintain links. So far my BBM contact and the webmail contact have become unlinked a few times requiring me to go in and link them again.

I really hope BB fixes this issue with the 10.1 update!
    04-22-13 08:28 PM
    I hope this gets sorted too. I face the same issue of contact duplication on my z10. I dont have any local contacts but they're synced to Google. Although i can, i don't want to pay and buy a third party app to solve such a simple os bug. For people who say that it's Google 's problem and and not blackberry 's then blackberry should have made at least a contact syncing cloud like the icloud then most of the z10/q10 buyers would happily use it instead of relying on Google for a non Google device.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:24 PM
    I did it like this. Read it from someone that gave his solution in a thread named " That's it Z10 sucks" or something like that.

Briefly

1. Stop Syncing all contact accounts. (Delete them)

2. Use Contact X auto merge contacts by number.

2. Manually fix all contacts ( repeated contacts with different names) and link Facebook accounts, etc.

3. Use Contact X to export .vcf file to your phone.

4. Email yourself the .vcf file to your Gmail account.

5. Delete all your Gmail contacts.

6. Open the email you sent yourself in the desktop mode web browser or desktop/laptop. And click the option to import contacts from vcf file instead of downloading the file.

7. Use Contact X and delete all your contacts from your phone.

8. Go to Settings > Accounts > Add new > Advance > CardDAV. Put your credentials and in server write Google.com

9. Set the Sync interval to 24 hours so it doesn't drain your battery

10. Your contacts will begin to appear for the next half hour. You might need to remake the correct links to Facebook profiles on some of them.

Enjoy no more duplicates ever. At this point you can delete Contact X, you won't need it anymore.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 01:58 AM
    i agree z10 contact is messup.

i can't disable auto link and choose which default is default phonebook.
    i wish when i create a contact, not saved to all account and linked, just to the default phonebook.

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    04-23-13 03:13 AM
    Update: Since sync' with my internet provider's email account I have not had any major contact duplication. However, it it still duplicating contacts that are BBM contacts randomly. I then have to go in and link the contacts together to eliminate the duplication. So problem mostly solved, but not 100% resolved due to BBM contacts duplicating.
    05-07-13 11:11 AM
    I would like to also know why my Twitter followers keep showing up in my contacts even though I have the box set to no contacts from Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 11:19 AM
    The issue is Google based. The phone doesn't have to do anything with it, I even had this issue on the BlackBerry 8530 when using Google Sync

Posted via CB10
    The issue is not just Google-related. I don't sync with Google and I am having issues with duplicate contacts, as are many others.

The issue is with the way the Contacts app is designed. It is currently creating and maintaining multiple sets of contact records on the phone, which is leading to data corruption and confusion, both for the device owner, and for the Blackberry OS itself.
    05-07-13 11:26 AM
    The issue is not just Google-related. I don't sync with Google and I am having issues with duplicate contacts, as are many others.

The issue is with the way the Contacts app is designed. It is currently creating and maintaining multiple sets of contact records on the phone, which is leading to data corruption and confusion, both for the device owner, and for the Blackberry OS itself.
    I think you're right about the multiple sets of contact records but there's no obvious way to clean the device other than to wipe and do a clean install.

One workaround I tried today has worked so far (12 hours w reboots). And it's a slight variation on something posted in another thead.

Do it in exactly this order. Get PIM Backup and Restore. Costs more than Contact-x but is faster and very reliable. Back up all your contacts on th BlackBerry (if those are your primary contacts) to a vcf file on a media card and email that file to yourself and save it to your computer HD. Then delete all your BlackBerry contacts. Turn off the BB. Then go to Google contacts, if you use Google, delete all of them, too, and load in the contacts from the vcf file you just made which is now on your computer. Have Google merge all the duplicate contacts under "More". You may have to do this several times to get all the duplicates out. Then turn your BlackBerry back on--it will reboot. Link your BlackBerry contacts with your Google account. Then wait for your empty BlackBerry Contacts to populate with your Google contacts.

So far everything seems stable and syncs whether you add new contact in BlackBerry or in Google, and without creating new duplicate contacts in BB. We'll see if it holds up over time.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 10:05 PM
84 ... 234